Jeju-do Travel Answers

change location
ellyse's Profile Photo

Not enough time in Jeju? + Busan-Jeju overnight ferry questions

by ellyse Online Now Jul 16, 2011 at 12:27 AM

My friend and I will be visiting Jeju in mid-Aug. Prime holiday season, it seems! We'll be taking the overnight ferry from/to Busan.

1) Here's what I've planned for 3 days... is this too rushed? Should we plan for 4 days instead? We will not be driving, but I hope to rent bicycles to get around faster, or rely on the buses.

Sat 13 Aug: submarine trip, O'Sulloc Museum, Chocolate Museum, Jusangjeolli, Teddy Bear Museum
Sun 14 Aug: Ilchulbong sunrise, haenyeo performance (?), Seopjikoji, Jeju Folk Village Museum (I'm a fan of Dae Jang Geum, and supposedly some of it was filmed here), Trick Art Museum
Mon 15 Aug: Halla-san, Love Land, Manjanggul lava tube, Glass Castle

I'm most keen on seeing (in rough order of preference): Ilchulbong sunrise, Manjanggul lava tube, Teddy Bear Museum, the submarine trip, Halla-san, O'Sulloc Museum... of course I'd like to see as much as possible, but those would be the absolute musts if I really have to make a choice.

2) And actually... if someone could tell me roughly how long each of the places I list would need, that would be a major major help!! :D

3) What's the probability of a "good" sunrise at Ilchulbong in mid-Aug? Will it be extremely crowded, seeing that it's a weekend?

4) What are you conditions like for the cheapest class on the Busan-Jeju overnight ferries? Will we need to bring our own sleeping bags, or will there be bedding provided?

5) Do we need to arrive a certain amount of time before the departure time of the ferry in order to buy tickets and stake out good spots?

Thanks in advance for any answers! :)

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Jeju-do Travel Answer Locations