Jeju-do Travel Answers

change location

visa requirement for transitting in pusan

by beagle26 Online Now Feb 6, 2011 at 8:09 AM

hi, i am a philippine passport holder and i just learned that i don't need to get a tourist visa to go to Jeju island. But since there are no direct flights from manila to jeju airport and i have to transit either in Pusan or incheon, does that mean i have to get a transit visa? Pls advise! Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: visa requirement for transitting in pusan

by Archie02 Online Now Mar 23, 2011 at 6:10 AM

All flights between Mainland South Korea and Jeju (CJU) are strictly domestic flights, so a visa to transit at Seoul or Busan seem to be necessary in your case.
    Transferring in Busan could be the better option, as PUS's two terminals (International and Domestic) are a mere 200 meters away from each other.
    Transferring in Seoul most likely would mean to connect between Inch(e)on ICN and Gimpo (GMP), as all flights from Seoul to Jeju depart from GMP. Transfer would be a 35 minute train ride (commuter train departs every 12 minutes) at roughly 3 USD oneway. All in all, for a transfer between ICN and GMP not less than 3, better 3.5 hours should be allowed.

TransAsia flies 2pw from TPE.
    China Eastern (MU) flies daily from PVG. If you book MU through PVG on one ticket you can stay airside and do not need a visa to connect there.
    -HT

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Jeju-do Travel Answer Locations