change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lawrenang's Profile Photo

4 stars hotel.

Balikpapan Apr 17, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Can anybody recommend a 4 starts hotel at Kuta near to eatery/shopping. I would be there for a short brake for 2 night on 5th May. Is there any special events for these 3 days?

more
    • MagicalSparkle's Profile Photo

Bus schedule from Banjarmasin going West.

Banjarmasin Apr 15, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Hello!
      Does anyone know what time buses go to Palangkaraya from Banjarmasin?
      Is the more than one?
      Thank you :)

more
    • MagicalSparkle's Profile Photo

Tanjung Puting National Park - Is anyone going this week?

Banjarmasin Apr 12, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Hey there!

I'd really like to go to Tanjung Puting national park this week. I'm currently in Banjarmasin and am looking for some other people to join up with to go on a tour! I'd like to go in a few days so, any time from 15th April 2014.

Please get in touch if you're interested!

Corine

more
    • beach bungalow/guesthouse Luwuk aerea

Indonesia Mar 31, 2014 at 1:35 PM

hello everybody!!

I am looking for a beach accomodation close to Luwuk Sulawesi.... any body has any ideas ??

Friendly
      Fred

more
    • awanbali's Profile Photo

cheap guest house

Makassar Apr 19, 2014 at 9:40 PM

cheap and nice guest house near losari beach and central city, info pls, thanks

more
    • awanbali's Profile Photo

night club

Makassar Apr 19, 2014 at 9:38 PM

nice and busy club in makasar, where is that

more
    • Semarang to Borobudur

Semarang Apr 18, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Can anyone recommend a transport company to hire a car and driver from to get from Semarang to Borobudur (and return!)?

more
    • n4nova's Profile Photo

Kintamani or Ulun Danu Temple?

Bali Mar 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM

I will be in Ubud for 2 days. I have a plan for Goa Gajah at first. Then, I was planning to go for Ulun Danu Temple for a whole day. After seeing images of Kintamani, I am a bit confused. KIntamni seems to be more beautiful. Can you guys please help me decide.
      Or may be you can help me to know how to cover both.

Also, please let me know whether there is any reliable travel agency you already know who can help me for this.

Thanks,

Srijani.

more
    • capelkay's Profile Photo

Kuta accomodation

Kuta Mar 30, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Troppo Zone Puri Rama Resort
      Can anyone comment on this accommodation?
      Looking for something budget value for money, good location and a balcony.
      am open to suggestions, just a bit over googling hotels - they all look the same after a while.
      thanks appreciate

more
    • massage and spa in Jakarta

Jakarta Mar 25, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Hi all -

Am going to be in Jakarta and am looking for an affordable/cheap place to get a good massage. Will be in South Jakarta but could travel a bit if it's worth it.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

more
    • zafilm's Profile Photo

How,where,when and what

Surabaya Apr 19, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Greetings..Me and family of 2 adults,2 teenagers,1child and 1 toddler,plans to have a few days trip to Mt Bromo & off to beautiful island of Bali. Any tips on transportation from Surabaya airport to/from Mount bromo.?. How long will the journey take?. Also any tips to take train,ferry or bus to Bali instead of flight? We want to enjoy a scenic & adventure tour of East Java.Im appreciative of any and all tips, feedback & suggestion. Thank you!...

more
    • Tailor in Tuban

Bali Apr 19, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Can anybody recommend a tailor near Dynasty in Tuban?

more
    • AntoniaF's Profile Photo

Public Swimming Pool in South Jakarta

Jakarta Apr 14, 2014 at 12:23 AM

I think I'm getting desperate in finding a swimming pool that suits my need near my place in Cipete

- the one in arcadia is always crowded on weekends and quite spooky on weekday nights (and the bathrooms are rundown)
      - the one in talavera used dark natural stone tiling but only provide 1 underwater lamp so it's almost like swimming blind
      - the one in oktroi is quite ok but finding a parking space is stressing me out
      - the one in citos is also parking-space challenged
      (okay...I know I'm starting to sound like Ms.Nitpicky hahaha)

Any other place you can recommend?
      I usually swim after office hours ( so after 6pm ) on weekdays
      Nothing fancy, just need decent changing rooms and easy parking.

more
    • Anyone going 21st April 30th

Bali Apr 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Hi going to Bali on these dates , was meant to be with my ex gf but she done me over. First time travelling and rather nervous ! Is anyone else in the same situation and want to meet up

more
    • Jogja Trans from the airport

Yogyakarta Apr 5, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Hi! I would like to know which bus should I take from the airport to JL Prawirotaman area? Is there more than 1 bus who leave from the airport?
      Thanks a lot!

more
    • Bars in Bogor

Bogor Mar 30, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Where can I find a good bar in bogor?

more
    • massage in Jakarta

Indonesia Mar 25, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Hi all -

Am going to be in Jakarta and am looking for an affordable/cheap place to get a good massage. Will be in South Jakarta but could travel a bit if it's worth it.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

more
    • zafilm's Profile Photo

Need info and tips

Tengger Caldera Apr 19, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Greetings..Me and family of 2 adults,2 teenagers,1child and 1 toddler,plans to have a few days trip to Mt Bromo & off to beautiful island of Bali. Any tips on transportation from Surabaya airport to/from Mount bromo.?. How long will the journey take?. Also any tips to take train,ferry or bus to Bali instead of flight? We want to enjoy a scenic & adventure tour of East Java.Im appreciative of any and all tips, feedback & suggestion. Thank you!...

more
    • matjung's Profile Photo

What choice do I have?

Bali Apr 12, 2014 at 3:07 AM

I am interested in a rafting tour in Bali.
      I am wondering what choice do I have?
      I was having a look at some websites.
      Now I am having the impression that 20 companies are doing the marketing for 2 or 3 tour operators.
      Preferably I would like to book at the tour company itself, and not a pricy website operated by an american company.

How many boats are rafting down at Ayun river every day?
      In the marketing it looks like only one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
      And that cannot be true.
      I guess there are plenty of them going down the river.

more
    • scottiesand's Profile Photo

Who will be in Bali in May!

Bali Apr 7, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Hi,

I am looking into a trip to go to Bali for a few weeks in May. I have been there before so I know of good places to go and am wondering if anyone will be going as well?!

Canadian boy, 27

more
    • Good Area to stay at Bali

Bali Mar 31, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Hello
      We are 7 families travelling to Bali in end of June, we have grown up kids hence we are confused on the area we should stay
      We love beaches with some night life
      Our preference wit=ll be pure vegetarian food, we are coming from India
      Please advice on the location

more
    • capelkay's Profile Photo

Ubud accomodation

Ubud Mar 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Looking for something budget value for money, good location and a balcony.
      am open to suggestions, just a bit over googling hotels - they all look the same after a while.

I know there is some quaint awesomely cheap accommodation but I find it very difficult to scroll through website accom and would prefer personal recommendation.
      we are 3 middle aged girls just looking to kick back for r & r drinks on our room balcony and a stroll to things to see and do.
      all advice will be greatly appreciated.

more
    • accommodation Labuan Bajo, Flores

Indonesia Mar 29, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Hi!
      Does anyone know a clean and cheap accommodation in Labuan Bajo? Around 150 000 roupies or less? I'm travelling on a budget so I just need something clean, safe and cheap. Is it safe to walk around Labuan Bajo during the evening? And does anyone know more or less the price for the Komodo Dragon trip during april? Any good cie to suggest?
      Thanks a lot!

more
    • how long should I stay in Jakarta and Bandung?

Bandung Yesterday

I will be arriving to Jakarta on 8th May morning and flying from Bandung on 14th May morning to Surabaya

more
    • Yogyakarta at 6h20 AM, accommodation, bus, storage?

Yogyakarta Apr 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Hi,
      I will catch a flight from Lombok to Yogyakarta, but the only cheap fly (with Lion Air) arrive at 6h20 AM in Yogya. What can I do with my backpack (70 liter) until I can check in in my accommodation? I don’t have booking cause I want to see the room before taking it. Does anyone know a safe place where I can leave my backpack until I check in? Can I leave my backpack at the police station? Can I trust them? If so, is there a police station in town?
      Also, do you have a safe, clean and cheap accommodation to suggest? I’m on a budget and I saw rooms around 100 000-120 000 roupies, but there’s not much info about them on trip advisor.
      And last questions: which bus goes from the airport to town? And which street can I find most of the guesthouse, homestay or budget hotel?
      Thanks a lot!

more
    • how many days required to visit Java (west, central, east)?

by paulami.sanyal Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 2:24 AM

I am planning to visit Java island Indonesia by mid of May for 4 days. Could you please let me know how many days required to visit Java and recommend a good itinerary?

Thanks.

6 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 8:04 PM
    • elpariente's Profile Photo

Planning to visit East Java

by elpariente Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 1:50 AM

First of all I hope that the situation created by the Kellud volcano will become to the normality with the alerts reduced and the people doing their normal living
      We are planning to visit East Java and going by land from Gogyakarta up to Banyuwangi , visiting Mt. Bromo and Mt. Ijen at the end of March
      I know that things may change very fast, but do you think that in that time every thing should be recovered and that this route may be done without much risks and with the normal commodities ?
      It should be good to prepare a "plan B" just in case ?
      I hope every thing is much better on that side
      Thank you
      Gracias !!!

4 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 5:36 AM
    • JonathanB10's Profile Photo

stuck in yogykarta

by JonathanB10 Online Now Feb 14, 2014 at 6:37 PM

hi we are stuck in yogykarta due to the volcanic eruption anyone knows the airports situation? Thanks

5 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 4:53 AM
    • NatK2's Profile Photo

9 day trip on Java, need a plan!!

by NatK2 Online Now Dec 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM

We are going to Java, Indonesia flying into Jakarta on 01/02/14 and flying out of Bali on 09/02/14. Can anyone recommend a good itinerary to see a few spots on the way down? Maybe 2 or 3 stops.

Also whats best way to get to bali from Java? Boat? How long does this take and whats it like?

We were kinda hoping to get to Bali for 07/02/14 to spend 2 nights there before we leave...

Any help would be much appreciated as I dont know much about the area!

Thanks, Nathan

5 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 6:07 PM
    • FinTrvl's Profile Photo

Events in Indonesia?

by FinTrvl Online Now Oct 7, 2013 at 5:13 AM

Are there any events, such as festivals, in Java or Bali between February 23 - March 18?

2 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • Bali - Kawah Ijen - Bromo - Bali

by tessakevitt Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Hi There
      I am arriving in Bali at the end of this month. I will be on my own for a week before my boyfriend arrives and have some time to kill before we head off on a surf trip... I'm very interested in making my way to check out Kawah Ijen and Bromo in Java. I'm on a tight budget so I'm looking for cheap transport and accommodation, I also want to know if its best to do the trip on your own or to book a package tour. I'll be starting my journey from Kuta and would like to know all the buses/ferries that I would need to take and all the routes I need to follow (towns/ports/etc). If you could give me a rough idea of how much it would cost that would be great :) Also, I am a female travelling on my own... is Java safe??

Thanks in advance for answering my many questions! :)

Tessa

2 Answers Sep 18, 2013 at 2:03 AM
    • DerekF5's Profile Photo

How much to get in Krakatoa?

by DerekF5 Online Now Aug 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM

How much does it cost to get in Krakatoa?? Are speedboats still about 1.6 million now?? Going tomorrow (Tues 13th August) from Jakarta.

1 Answer Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • indyblu's Profile Photo

getting to Mount Bromo from Jakarta...

by indyblu Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 7:55 AM

hey all
      we arrive in Jakarta end of of August for about 7days... we want to climb Mount Bromo for sunrise... whats the quickest way to get there from Jakarta? thanks :)

5 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • Train journey from Yogyakarta

by gandergirls Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 5:51 AM

Can anyone comment on the trains from Yogyakarta to the Seloliman National Park? AC?
      Thank you!

2 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    • Dressing for Java

by gandergirls Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to what to bring with me with regards to clothing for Java this time of year. We'll be in Java traveling from Jakarta to Ubud...about 2 weeks. Also, would an insect repellant of 30% Deet be enough protection?
      Thanks for any help you can give me.

6 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    • Getting around Java

by ajh1 Online Now Jun 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some advice regarding how best for me and my girlfriend to get around Java in July. We land in Jakarta and will be travelling through Java and ending up in Bali (just started looking at the route but thinking of a lot of places, for example the first part of the route we'll go through Bogor, Cipanas, Bandung, Garut, Kampung Naga and Panagdaran and we know we want to visit Yogyakarta). We have about 9 days to get to Bali so will not have time to stay over in each of the places..

The question is what's the best way to travel? We want to maintain flexibility as our route/timings won't be exactly planned out. Options I'm thinking of are 1) hire a car with sat nav but is it safe in terms of road quality and car jacking type issues, 2) hire a car with sat nav and driver, but this is a long trip so is this possible, how would it work for the driver's accommodation etc. and can it be booked in advance, 3) use taxis as and when we need to travel but I guess this would be an expensive option and are taxis easy to get hold of across Java, or 4) any better ideas?

Any advice much appreciated.

Many thanks
      Adam

5 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    • naomixxx's Profile Photo

Jakarta to Krakatoa

by naomixxx Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Will be in Jakarta for a few days with a friend and we really want to go to Krakatoa but all the prices seem really expensive, can anyone advise a cheap and easy way to get from Jakarta to Krakatoa please, many thanks in advance

6 Answers Apr 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    • worksopian's Profile Photo

Safety in Java

by worksopian Online Now Feb 16, 2012 at 10:27 AM

How safe is Java for a backpacker to travel around?

3 Answers Feb 17, 2012 at 5:46 PM
    • pwallmann's Profile Photo

tailored suits

by pwallmann Online Now Dec 9, 2011 at 1:52 PM

I noticed quite a few places in my previous travels in SE asia (particularly vietnam) where you could buy some cheap tailored suits... does anyone have any info on this for indonesia? And if so, any suggestions, I will be in Java mainly, so Jakarta, Yoga.. I'd be open to any suggestions...

1 Answer Dec 10, 2011 at 1:47 AM
    • pwallmann's Profile Photo

two weeks dec/jan

by pwallmann Online Now Dec 6, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Hi, I will be arriving in Jakarta, Dec. 24th. My rough plan is to work my way across Java, hopefully Yoga, Bromo, Ijen, etc. Give myself the option of New Years in Bali (if i feel the need to party!) then relax somewhere until its time to catch my flight out of Jakarta January 7th.

My questions:
      1. I loved the rice terraces of China, by trekking around Yoga, Bromo, Ijen, will I find some? Any suggestions about particulars, or other spots to look?
      2. Is Bali a must see?
      3. Would Batu Karas be a good place to relax for 3 or 4 days, maybe give surfing a try? I'm looking for laid back, not too touristy (or at least a good area to mix with locals (eat lots of real indonesian food!).
      4. As a food junkie, is a couple days in Jakarta recommended? Sights to see? Food markets?

11 Answers Dec 20, 2011 at 8:44 PM
    • Travel Buget? How much per day?

by Nix1977 Online Now Mar 20, 2011 at 7:23 AM

Hi,

Please give me an idea in planning my travel buget:

Cost of a bottel of water (1 liter)?
      Cost of a decent beer?
      Cost of a can of coke?
      Cost of a bottle of wine?
      Average meal on the street?
      Meal at a mid range/average restaurant?
      Fishing trip at sea?
      Scuba diving?

We'll be staying along Karang Bolong Beach near Anyer.
      Any must see travel sights and/or must do adventures near Anyer?

I'm leaving in 10days time.

Thanx a 1,000,000!

3 Answers Mar 21, 2011 at 6:30 PM
    • teachersmate's Profile Photo

Help planning a week in Java...

by teachersmate Online Now Jun 7, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Hi
      We are arriving at Jarkata airport in the evening and want to travel through Java before moving onto Bali or Lombok after about a week.
      We would definately like to see Borobudur, Mount Bromo and Yogyakarta. We would like to do some by train and maybe some flights to save time.
      Can anyone recommend a sensible route and can we book tours when we arrive in various places.

5 Answers Jul 12, 2010 at 7:13 AM
    • Javanese Beaches

by benbull Online Now May 12, 2010 at 5:24 AM

Hello,

A friend and I are traveling to Java and we'd like to spend a few days on the beach somewhere. We've researched Pangandaran, Parangtritis, Pacitan and Pulau Seribu but are still unsure of where to go. We would like to go somewhere with white sand and a thriving traveler community. Out of the above options, where would you recommend?

Thanks

4 Answers May 14, 2010 at 7:09 PM
    • Trek to Badui tribe

by world_traveller7 Online Now Jun 17, 2009 at 2:54 AM

Hello,

Has anyone done the hike to visit the Badui tribe? If so, how hardcore is it? I've read conflicting reports with some saying it's a moderate hike while others describe it as gruelling. Some clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• arissyam's Profile Photo

Road Travel From Jakarta to Banyuwangi

by arissyam Online Now Jun 15, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Hi

1. I would like to know whether is it possible if i want to complete a travel within a week from Jakarta to Banyuwangi with few stops like Bandung, Semarang, Jogja, Solo and ended at Banyuwangi? or its better to allow 2 weeks to complete the travel?

2. is it better to travel between the city by bus or by plane? is the express bus service between the towns is good? how about train?

3. i wish to go to bali to from banyuwangi? how long it will take from banyuwangi to bali by ferry or express boat and how much it will cost?

4. or may be i should make my stops list shorter and allow more time to at every stops?

im open to any comments and suggestions as i know this road trip will cover more than 1000 km of travelling. i wish for a road trip as i hope to see as much as i could on this great island and teach the right things to my kids.

your kind response or ur travelling experience are much appreciated. thank u.

3 Answers Jun 15, 2009 at 9:46 PM
    • nick1177's Profile Photo

java travel

by nick1177 Online Now Oct 25, 2008 at 10:11 PM

Hey all,

I am flying into bali around january 2009 and I am planning on traveling over land through java. I am setting aside 10 days traveling time to reach Jakarta and was hoping to get some suggestions on places of interest on the way.
      Is train travel the best option though java?
      Is 10 days enough to see the must see's?
      Is it faily inexpensive? I am use to traveling on a budget with moderate accommodation and street food.

Also what are the budget local airlines in indonesia which can offer cheap flights back to bali?

Cheers.

2 Answers Oct 26, 2008 at 2:53 AM
    • M'sia->Jakarta->Bandung->Yogyakarta->Mt.Bromo->Solo->M'sia : 9 Days Back-Packing

by GreenGreen Online Now Sep 20, 2008 at 4:02 AM

Hi,we r (abt 14 pax)M'sian nature lovers who adore free & easy travelling. Eager to see Java's natural beauty, integrate with locals, experience Javanese art & culture & lifestyle this year end. Your advise/comments would be appreciated in completing my planning :)

My question :

1) Is my itinerary feasible for a 9-day trip ?
      2) Will we ended up "on-the-move" most of the time instead of "holidaying" ?
      3) Or should I defer some of destination(s) to another trip ?
      4) How long shld we stay in each place ?
      5) Do you think this type of travelling (on trains & buses)wld be suitable
      for wheel-chaired traveller ?

Life is great, cherish it.
      Cheers, GreenGreen from M'sia

2 Answers Sep 22, 2008 at 2:01 AM
    • malikaniko's Profile Photo

Lonely Planet - Indonesia - Would you sell it to me?

by malikaniko Online Now Jul 19, 2007 at 11:34 AM

Hi everybody! I would like to get the 'Lonely Planet - Indonesia' book (7th or 8th edition), but unfortunately it is 'currently out of stock' on Lonely Planet website. Could somebody help me to find one?

3 Answers Jul 26, 2007 at 6:23 AM
    • belgianchocolate's Profile Photo

curugsewu....

by belgianchocolate Online Now Jan 4, 2004 at 12:32 PM

There must be a 70 meters high waterfall there....and a primitive zoo with the largest snake ever captured one earth. Is it easy to reach and how? Is it worth visiting? Is there anything else in the surroundings that is worth visiting? thank you.

2 Answers Jan 25, 2004 at 2:59 AM
    • belgianchocolate's Profile Photo

What , where ....

by belgianchocolate Online Now Dec 29, 2003 at 6:10 AM

10 Days I'm going to spend on Java. Can you all please help me pointing out some places of interest on your pages. We are looking for culture , nature , ....experiencing local live... How is public transport over here? Is the railway expensive and is it comfortable? Are there nature reserves that are not to be missed? Any information is usefull. (@rie I'm coming back to JAkarta. lol)

7 Answers Jul 28, 2005 at 5:59 AM