Travel Answers
Jauja

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• local long-distance bus runs normal during Easter (April 2-5)?

Peru Mar 21, 2015 at 10:49 AM

Hi everyone!

I plan to take a local long-distance bus from Tacna to Lima on April 3rd.

Then, I thought, "Oh, it's an Easter holiday." and wonder if the buses run as per normal.

Could anyone please shed some light on this please?

Thanks,

more
    • Spanish school Amauta has moved to a different building?

Cusco Mar 5, 2015 at 1:42 PM

Hi guys! I am planning to travel around in Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador for the next 4 months. I would like to start my journey in Cusco to learn some Spanish at Amauta. I’ve heard that the address has changed, possibly to Jose Carlos Mariátegui K-4 (Sta Mónica) Does anyone know about this? And supposedly there is agency in the same building?

more
    • affordable person/taxi

Cusco Mar 27, 2015 at 11:55 AM

we will be in Cuzco for 4 days in August 2015; we are in late 70s and on a budget; will appreciate if any member can recommend someone w/ car who can drive us around SV and help us buys tickets for site entrance, train and MV.

more
    • Where to book the Salkantay trek?

Cusco Mar 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM

Hi guys,

Because the Inca trail is pretty much full until August, I would like to do the Salkantay trek. Does anyone know a good place where I can book this? I prefer a safe qualified agency because I know many agencies aren't qualified for tours like this.

Thanks in advance!

more
    • Best way to organise day trip to MP?

Machu Picchu Mar 5, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Planning on staying in cusco for 3 nights and want to do the day trip to MP. Seen online that its advisable to buy tickets prior to arrival, however just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of wheres best to purchase from? Ive looked online but its difficult to gage which websites are legitimate. would like to do MP and hyuana too, so can anyone advise a package deal or how best to go about organising this. Also any experiences of inca or peru rail and which one to book with? Many thanks, Rachel

more
    • Flight costs to and from Iquitos

Peru Mar 14, 2015 at 8:05 AM

I am planing to go to Iquitos from the middle of April - mid August. How much do flights generally cost in Lima to Iquitos?

The flight cost on the LAN website is like 180 with taxes and fees each way Lima-Iquitos. But when I compare flights to Lima or Iquitos from the states, its much cheaper to book it directly to Iquitos as a package.

The problem is that I might want to go to Machu Pichu as well. Is it better to try and travel from the states to Iquitos and back , and try to get from Iquitos to Cusco, once I'm there? Or get from the States to LIma, and book individual flights to Iquitos, or wherever I want to go from there?

EDIT:  Ok, i just looked at that website of available trecks on the Inca trail, and it looks like i'm completely out of luck for that.

But the questions still remains about flying directly to Iquitos or to Lima.  As I might want to stay and look around Lima for a few days.

Thanks.

more
    • robbye77's Profile Photo

Inca trail

Peru Mar 12, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Hi everyone! I'm planning my trip to Peru for October 2015 and I have few questions about the 4 days Inca Trail.
      1. for which day should I buy the permit (I mean, should I for the starting day or for the day I'm planning to reach MP)?
      2. can I go by myself or anyway without tour operators or guides or so?
      3. planning to camp during the trip, should I bring food and water for the whole trek?

Thanks!
      Roberto

more
    • water and taxi/private w/ car daily fee

Cuzco Mar 29, 2015 at 8:38 AM

is tap water in Cuzco and nearby areas safe to drink? Pls give me ball park amount/fee for hiring private/taxi on a daily basis, cuzco and nearby areas.

more
    • Waterproof shoes or not for hiking and jungling in Peru?

Peru Mar 2, 2015 at 11:20 PM

Hello everybody!

I have this question: Should one go for a waterproof shoe for trekking in Peru (both in the mountains and the jungle) or is it a better idea to go for shoes that are not waterproof but breathable shoes and thus dry out more quickly? Anyone with experience? I hear some people saying that waterproof isn't worth it but still, don't wanna get wet every time the showers of rain come!

Thankful for answers :)!

more