change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Just one day in Jasper!

by angelvicky1987 Online Now Nov 4, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Hi all,

My partner and I are arriving in Jasper for just two nights at Sawridge Inn before catching the train to Vancouver. This gives us one full day in Jasper. We have no car and are completely relying on public transport. What do you think we should do? My favourites I think so far are Maligne Canyon, Maligne Lake and Medicine Lake.

If you only had one day there, what would you do?

Also, is it possible/straightforward to hike from Jasper to Maligne Canyon? We are both fairly fit, but I wouldn't want to get lost!

Thanks so much,

Vicky

4 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 6:38 AM
    • eoberman's Profile Photo

Columbia icefields

by eoberman Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 1:47 PM

In trying to plan out our itinerary, can somebody suggest how much time we will need to tour the glacier. We were thinking of taking the tour of the glacier our drive back from Jasper to Banff. I've heard that it could take up to 3 hours to take a tour of the glacier but I wasn't sure if that was realistic.

6 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    • eoberman's Profile Photo

Maligne Lake Tour

by eoberman Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Can anybody make suggestions about seeing Maligne lake. As it will be our first time there, is there a particular time of the day to do a boat tour of the lake and Spirit Island to get the best views/photos. I've heard not to do the tour in the morning as the views are not as stunning, but I don't know if that's actually true.

3 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 10:44 PM
    • jennyzichterman's Profile Photo

Jasper: Places to stay with kids?

by jennyzichterman Online Now Dec 31, 2013 at 7:48 AM

We are planning a July 2014 trip to Jasper with two kids (age 8 & 12.) We will drive up from Banff and spend two nights in Jasper before heading back south. Any recs for inexpensive lodging or a fantastic campground for tenting? We will likely take the tram to the top of Whistler on our full day in Jasper and/or a short hike. Thanks!

2 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 1:16 AM
    • Getting around Jasper

by grrah_1 Online Now Mar 27, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I'm going to Jasper this August, and I'm getting there by train. Could someone please explain to me the options I have for getting around Jasper (I don't drive) and also possibly suggest any hotels/B&B's that I could stay at that aren't miles and miles away from the national park?

Thank you!

4 Answers Mar 30, 2011 at 7:30 AM
    • cesskp's Profile Photo

Lake Louise to Jasper

by cesskp Online Now Dec 28, 2009 at 3:50 AM

I am interested in travelling from Lake Louise to Jasper in winter & doing the Columbia Icefields tour on the way. It seems that the tour buses (Sun Dog & Brewster) all seem to operate in the opposite direction from Jasper to Lake Louise/Banff. Do you know if there is anybody that does the tour in the direction I want to travel towards Jasper?

5 Answers Jan 4, 2010 at 8:04 PM
    • JAN53's Profile Photo

SKEENA TRAIN JOURNEY

by JAN53 Online Now Jun 6, 2009 at 12:56 PM

We are travelling on the VIA Rail Skeena Train out of Jasper to Prince Rupert and wondered if anyone could tell us anything about this trip.

2 Answers Jun 15, 2009 at 9:57 PM
    • B&B in Jasper

by PennyWrach Online Now Oct 26, 2008 at 11:11 AM

I wonder if anyone could recommend a B&B for one night in Jasper, near the bus terminus, for early june 2009?

Any suggestions appreciated.

3 Answers Oct 28, 2008 at 9:37 AM
    • How cold in May?

by anna&kym Online Now Apr 10, 2006 at 6:18 AM

We`ve been advised to wear layers while travelling through Banff, Jasper,Vancouver and Victoria and to expect frequent changes in the weather but just how cold is cold.Here in Australia our colder days are about 11-15 degrees celsius so what are average night/day temperatures during early May?Should we be packing seriously warm stuff or will we be ok with t-shirts, windcheaters and lightweight jackets?
      I thought I had this all worked out but am starting to panic now that I have to decide what to actually pack!! Thanks for any suggestions. Anna&Kym

5 Answers Apr 11, 2006 at 10:43 AM
    • Has anyone seen what the gas prices are like in Jasper

by jklangill Online Now Jul 14, 2005 at 9:44 AM

Hello one and all. Well the count down is on we have less then 15 days away from the best trip ever. We were wondering if anyone has seen what the gas prices are like in Jasper Lake Louise and Banff. We tried the website as instructed but they do not list the areas that we will be traveling too. If anyone has already taken or is going to be taking a vacation and knows what the gas prices are like it would be very helpful to know. Sorry to be a bother but we need all the info we can get. Thanks for helping.

Cheers

• What is the weather forecast for the week??

by jklangill Online Now Jul 5, 2005 at 8:19 AM

Hello one and all. Well it is just 16 days away from our trip and we were wondering if anyone knows what the weather has been like and what the forecast for the week is going to be like. Just to give us a few ideas. Any help is always greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help. If anyone can up date us for the next two weeks that would be wonderful. Or if there is a website that I should look into for the weather for Jasper and Banff that would be great as well. Cheers

1 Answer Jul 25, 2005 at 6:28 AM
    • How long driving time does it take to get from Vancouver BC to Jasper Alberta

by jklangill Online Now Jun 18, 2005 at 9:26 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from Vancouver BC to Jasper Alberta? Also does anyone know what the driving time is from Vancouver BC to Banff Alberta? Does anyone know a good place to camp in Jasper and Banff. We are planning on hiking with the dogs so if anyone knows if you are allowed to have dogs in campgrounds that would be great to know as well. Is there a place in Jasper or Banff that accepts campground reservations? Do we have to purchase a discovery pass that gets you in to all of the National Parks for59.00 a person does this mean that we have to purchase the pass to stay in the campground or does that mean that you can purchase the daily one for7.00 dollars a day regardless if you are hiking or not. If anyone can help that would be great. We are planning to hike and camp from July 22nd to Aug 1st. Thank you for reading thank you in advance for your feedback. We look forward to your reply.

4 Answers Jun 21, 2005 at 12:39 PM
    • Trip to Jasper/Banff (from Vancouver)

by singh8770 Online Now Jun 5, 2005 at 11:44 AM

THis is the first time I am visiting Alberta. I have reserved 4 days for the trip (including travel time) leaving on July 1st (morning) and coming back on the 4th. But I could extend it by another day. We are four in total. I am looking for a decent (not too expensive) place to stay for the nights. I heard some people suggest to stay in Lake Louise since it is cheaper and very scenic. I was thinking of staying two nights in Lake Louise and one night in Banff. Basically leave on 1st morning, stay in lake louise on 1st night, leave for Jasper on 2nd and come back to Lake louise for night. Leave on 3rd for Banff and stay for night there. Then leave for Vancouver on 4th. Is 4 days enough to see Jasper and Banff? Some casual hiking is also in the cards. Any suggestions please?

4 Answers Jun 6, 2005 at 12:53 AM
    • MFAMILY's Profile Photo

skeena via rail

by MFAMILY Online Now Mar 10, 2004 at 3:58 PM

hi has anyone taken the skeena train from jasper to prince rupert? it is worth to pay 5 times more to travel on the totem class? anyone reccomending a hotel for the night stop at prince george?

1 Answer Mar 11, 2004 at 12:34 PM