Japan Travel Answers

change location

Hokkaido-Akita

by switz143 Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I will be travelling from Noboribetsu Sekisui-Tei to Nyuto Onsen in Akita Prefecture and heading back to Sapporo, Hokkaido sometimes in April(preferably using land transportation). I was just wondering what will be the easiest routes using Shinkashen or JR train. I understand that there will be two choices to cross the main island and Hokkaido island, one through underground channel and the other one will be through ferry. please advice. if you can also provide me with Shinkashen/ Ferry schedules/ JR schedules that will be a great help. your helps are greatly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • dru46's Profile Photo

Re: Hokkaido-Akita

by dru46 Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Your best bet, by land, is to take the Super Hokuto to Hakodate. Then change to the Super Hakucho at Hakodate Station. This takes you to Shin-Aomori. You can then change to the Shinkansen. Take the Shinkansen to Morioka and then to the Akita Shinkansen. You can figure out what station to go from there.

Most of the trains will connect well enough once you get on at Noboribetsu. The Super Hokuto runs infrequently.

940, 1142, 1325, 1555, 1759 (and later, but you wouldn't make it to the onsen on this train or later trains.)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Hokkaido-Akita

by switz143 Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM

sounds good. thanks for the info. one more thing dru46...
    i'll be travelling with large luggage and it won't be convenient to carry it from Hokkaido to akita back and forth. so i'll be having a small luggage with me then. is there any luggage rental compartment big enough at noboribetsu train station or not that can accommodate it for a few days?
    if you have any other ideas, please let me know....

appreciate it.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• cheesecake17's Profile Photo

by cheesecake17 Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I have been thru Noboribetsu train station and its an old style train station(well anything outside of sapporo for that matter) do not think I saw any lockers around but I am not 100% sure...

Your best bet its to leave your luggage in sapporo station (if that is possible)...

As I said most train station that I expirence outside sapporo station were old fashion and small...

cheesecake17

1 member found this helpful

• dru46's Profile Photo

by dru46 Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 5:51 AM

Going to Sapporo from Noboribetsu shouldn't be an option for you. At best, you can leave your bags in Hakodate, or in Morioka. There may be lockers inside that will be large enough for you, but if you have the largest suitcases possible, they may not fit.

If you are only going for a couple days, you might be able to just send the bags to your hotel in Sapporo and they will hold it for you. You can use Yamato or Sagawa transport and they'll have it sent to Sapporo. The onsen in Noboribetsu should be able to help you with that. If the onsen there can't hold it for a few days, make sure the hotel in Sapporo will. It isn't well known and may be a bit difficult but it may be possible.

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Japan Travel Answer Locations