Japan Travel Answers

change location
Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Hirayu Onsen

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Sep 27, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Hi!

I plan to stay 1 night at Yarimikan @ Shin Hotaka Onsen Guchi. We will be arriving from Matsumoto and stopping at Hirayu Onsen for lunch and maybe look-around before boarding the 1340 or 1440 Hirayu Shin Hotaka Line bus for Shin Hotaka Onsen Guchi. Yarimikan allows c/in at 2pm so the 1340 bus is preferred.

I see that there are buses from Matsumoto suitable for my plan at 0835(ETA1000) or 1105(ETA1230). If we catch the 1105 bus we would only have time for lunch at Hirayu Onsen (1h10m). The 0835 bus, however, will give us 3h40m at Hirayu Onsen. Beside lunch what else is there for us to do there? Are there lots of small shops? Since we are on transit with luggage and all we don't want to go far or walk too much. Are the shops and restaurants right at the bus terminal? If not, how far of a walk? We just don't want to leave earlier from Matsumoto to spend more time at Hirayu Onsen only to find out that there is nothing much to do around the bus terminal at Hirayu...

Secondly, I wish that there is another bus between Matsumoto and Hirayu Onsen between 0835 and 1105. The gap is quite large (either too early or too late) and I wonder if I am missing another schedule?

TQ,
Mel

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Japan Travel Answer Locations