Japan Travel Answers

change location
mnutsy's Profile Photo

scenic flight over mt aso

by mnutsy Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 7:32 PM

can i get a scenic flight from hakata to and from mt aso? i was thinking of a morning/ afternoon flight there, around and back like i did in New Zealand recently.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Rabbityama's Profile Photo

Re: scenic flight over mt aso

by Rabbityama Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Yes, there are helicopter rides available:
    sgc-air.co.jp/sightseeing/as...

They operate from the Cuddly Dominion and the Aso Ski Resort Heliport. (I don't think there are any planes or helicopters that depart from Fukuoka)

The top A through E course are those operated from the Cuddly Dominion. These are offered more frequently than the bottom 2 (A and B) from the ski resort.

The C Course is the recommended course. It will take you above the caldera for a 7 minute ride.

The 10 minute D Course takes you to all of the sites pictured on the left including the caldera.

The E Course is 20 minutes and takes you to all the sites as well but at a more relaxed pace so you can take it all in.

The prices per person are on the right. For example, the C Course costs 7500 yen (7000 yen for children). They request that at least 2 people are booked for the reservation, up to 3 can ride together (plus 1 child), and they will cancel flights if it rains.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mnutsy's Profile Photo

Re: scenic flight over mt aso

by mnutsy Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Ta. I'm coming from Hakata and didn't think I'd be able to see everything in a few hours but maybe the heli is the way to go. Had a look at the website but it's in Japanese. Maybe I'll ask the concierge at Hyatt Fukuoka to book.

Much appreciated.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Japan Travel Answer Locations