Japan Travel Answers

change location
Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Myoryu-ji Ninja Temple (Kanazawa) Reservation

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Hi!
We will only be arriving Kanazawa after 6pm on a saturday. Hoping to visit Myoryu-ji the morning after. I am a bit worried that we won't be able to get the time slot that we want, booking so late, especially when there are four of us. I know that I can get the Tourist office or the hotel to book for us... Do you think the tourist office at another location will help us to book? Tokyo/Matsumoto/Takayama?

Thanks,
Mel

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Rabbityama's Profile Photo

Re: Myoryu-ji Ninja Temple (Kanazawa) Reservation

by Rabbityama Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Hm.. It really depends on the place and the people working there, to be honest.

The general rule is that you should only ask questions about that location/prefecture at their tourist information center. Some places have helpful staff that will still be willing to make these sorts of calls however, some will find you the phone number and tell you to call yourself when it's not related to the places they are advertising.

In Kanazawa, actually, the staff told me they would not call anywhere in Fukui when I had a question, so they said I could call myself or just leave.

I still think it's worth a try. Bring the number with you already with all the information they will need and maybe they will call for you.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 10:19 PM

No big Information Center in Tokyo that is the place to go for info of the whole Japan?
    How about the hotels? Well... With the hotels, I guess no harm in asking... Worst we get is NO!

Be the first to rate this answer!

• dru46's Profile Photo

by dru46 Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I would recommend going to the JNTO Tourist Information Centre in Marunouchi. Between Tokyo and Yurakucho Stations.

jnto.go.jp/eng/arrange/trave...

Probably your best bet to get help for this.

1 member found this helpful

• Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Thanks! Just what I needed. I'm going to be in Asakusa on my first day. Saw that the Tourist Office there is also classified under Grade 1. Will try my luck to see if they will assist to make reservation. Otherwise, I will make a trip to the Shin Tokyo Bldg at Yurakucho couple of days later.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Japan Travel Answer Locations