Japan Travel Answers

change location

cherri blossom in April

by AndrewLA Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 7:31 PM

My aunt and uncle are planing to travel to Japan in April for 8 days, could someone help with their iternery please? They are staying with relative in Kanagawa (Yokohama). What is the best or shortest time travel Kanagwa from Airport Narita ?by bus, train etc. They are planning to take bullet train to Kyoto and stay one night there. They will be mainly staying with relative at Kanagawa (back and forth). They know travel from Kanagawa to Tokyo take 1hour and 15mins. I suggest they should buy the train pass. what do you think? All suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • salisbury3933's Profile Photo

Re: cherri blossom in April

by salisbury3933 Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 7:43 PM

There are some Narita Express services that stop at Yokohama with Ofuna as their final destination.

jreast-shinkansen-reservatio... is the link for the timetable.

Sounds like they might just get enough value out of a railpass to justify buying one.

Plenty of day trip options out of Yokohama as well, Tokyo being the obvious one, but Kamakura, Hakone, Nikko and Matsumoto are also others they could look at doing.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dru46's Profile Photo

by dru46 Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Depending on where your relatives are, it might be better to take a bus. The Narita Express is the best choice in general, but if the Airport Limousine stops relatively close to their house, then I would suggest that.

In terms of passes, what pass are you talking about? If you are talking about the JR Pass, generally NO. If they go to Kyoto, they still have a lot to use. It is just convenient, but not very useful if you ask me. You mainly have to check the prices yourself, and you can easily do that on www.hyperdia.com

There is also the Suica N'EX pass. It is very good and includes a round trip ticket on the Narita Express. You get a 2000 yen tourist Suica card. It acts the same as a regular Suica (IC/NFC Card) that can be used on all trains and buses in Yokohama and Tokyo. It has 1500 yen in credit (500 yen goes into a deposit) and they can keep the card or return it for the deposit. The return trip must be made within 14 days of arrival, but it won't be a problem.

As for Cherry Blossoms, assuming from the title, if they are here in early April, they'll see it. Otherwise, probably not.

• by AndrewLA Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Thank you. could you tell me whether my aunt is going to see Cherri Blossom between 18th April - 24th April, if not, whether they can see at Nagano or where possible as she doesn't want to miss out. thanks.

• dru46's Profile Photo

by dru46 Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Looking at the charts, looks like Sendai is the best bet. Fukushima is too if they aren't scared to go there. You might be able to see them in Matsumoto too, but it is just at the end of the season when they arrive.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2011.html

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Japan Travel Answer Locations