Jamaica

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Work For British/Jamaican couple

Jamaica Jul 3, 2015 at 6:25 AM

Hi I am a british Citizen and my boyfriend is Jamaican I am trying to find a country it would both be possible for us both to work. It is really hard for me to get a job in jamaica to secure work permit and its near impossible for him to get a working visa for the uk. We both have hospitality experience and he also has experience in construction. We really want to be a ble to live somewhere we can both live and work, please help!

more
    • Work For British/Jamaican couple

Jamaica Jul 3, 2015 at 6:25 AM

Hi I am a british Citizen and my boyfriend is Jamaican I am trying to find a country it would both be possible for us both to work. It is really hard for me to get a job in jamaica to secure work permit and its near impossible for him to get a working visa for the uk. We both have hospitality experience and he also has experience in construction. We really want to be a ble to live somewhere we can both live and work, please help!

1 Answer Jul 24, 2015 at 7:58 PM
    • ferry to jamaica from central america

Jamaica Jun 25, 2015 at 3:17 PM

hi.
      i am right now in bocas del toro,panama.
      looking for a ship or some ferry to get to jamaica.
      need to bee there for a festival on july 10.
      i dont care from where, i can get to any country in central america...
      thx,
      Itamar

3 Answers Jun 26, 2015 at 12:07 PM
    • AnitaWS's Profile Photo

How could obtain visa in Jamaica?

Jamaica Jun 17, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Suddenly I need to go to Jamaica, Montego Bay because of my job. It seems that I can obtain my tourist visa at the airport. How does it work? Thank you

7 Answers Jun 20, 2015 at 4:31 PM
    • Runaway bay to negril for a day.

Runaway Bay Apr 17, 2015 at 6:05 AM

We are travelling to the jewel runaway bay golf resort in May for a week and were interested in doing the negril day trip tour to seven mile beach and ricks café. Were wondering if they do hotel pick ups in our area?

2 Answers Apr 18, 2015 at 9:27 AM
    • Transportation

Kingston Mar 26, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Can a get a bus from NMIA to new Kingston around 600pm

2 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 2:34 PM
    • habitual_wanderer's Profile Photo

Backpacker Areas

Jamaica Mar 12, 2015 at 6:17 AM

Hello,
      My boyfriend and I are flying into Montego Bay and will be in Jamaica for 5 days, but we'd like to get away from the resort areas and cruise ship ports. Looking for a laid back area away (accessible by public transportation) from typical tourist spots. I'd love to do some hiking, along with having some chill beach time.
      Can anyone offer suggestions?

Thanks!
      Andrea

2 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 3:07 PM
    • Jewel Paradise Cove

Jamaica Feb 21, 2015 at 6:24 AM

Hello all we are new here! This is the wife. I have a number of questions.

Has anyone been to Jewel Paradise Cove Resort? We are going to be there from May 24 to 30th. Would like to know what to expect at the resort.

How bad is the airport and customs? What should we expect?

What are some good things to do in jamaica? My hubby wants to do appleton rum tour, zipline, bobsled, parasailing, snorkeling, and on and on. What would you guys recommend?

What should i be packing? My hubby's friend told him to keep an eye on the locals as they like pretty white women. Is this true? Do i need to be careful what i say and do? I am now worried after listening to him talk to my hubby about his jamaican vacation.

What should we bring for cash?

My hubby wants to bring his expensive canon camera, i want to buy a cheap compact camera. What would you all suggest?

6 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 2:57 PM
    • Zipline Adventure tours

Jamaica Feb 7, 2015 at 7:51 PM

I noticed that other tour companies do not use Zipline Adventure tour. Is there a reason? Also does anyone know any discount codes for them?

4 Answers Apr 19, 2015 at 10:06 PM
    • Drinking age

Montego Bay Jan 25, 2015 at 9:43 PM

I'm going to Monetgo Bay Sunset Beach Resort on April 4th to the 11th (my 18th birthday) I was wondering if I could drink with parent permission?

4 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 2:36 PM
    • Money exchange, ATM in Port Antonio or any other advise?

Jamaica Jan 25, 2015 at 12:08 AM

Anyone who has been to Port Antonio lately who can recommend the best way/best place to exchange / draw money? Any good tips regarding dollars / local cash / visa card is very appreciated :) Thanks.

6 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 2:38 PM
    • Washing powder/detergent for hand washing in the checked in luggage?

Jamaica Jan 24, 2015 at 7:27 AM

How about bringing washing powder/detergent for hand washing in the checked in luggage? It does look rather suspicious with a bag of white powder...;)) should I JUST not take that chance bringing it? I'm in Jamaica for 3 weeks so washing will be needed...however I do not trust local laundry service from earlier experience.. (imagine;)

17 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 2:42 PM
    • To Inclusive or not

Jamaica Jan 20, 2015 at 8:22 PM

Hello,

My boyfriend and I will be travelling to Jamaica for the first time in May. We are torn between the all inclusives in Ochos Rios/Montego Bay versus regular hotels. I found a couple nice places on airbnb at the Palmyra Apartments in Montego Bay. Is anyone familiar with these? Any thoughts? It does seem a bit out of the way, so we’d need a taxi often. Any recommendations, thoughts, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

3 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 2:41 PM
    • cheflydiannj's Profile Photo

Looking for NON All-Inclusives, this time

Jamaica Jan 19, 2015 at 8:52 AM

We are planning our 17th (I think) trip to our fave Caribbean island, Jamaica, for early summer. We have, since our honeymoon 32 years ago, gone AI. Our vacays to Jamaica with our son, now 26, were always perfect. We are, however, at the age where we don't drink as much, and don't eat as much, and the endless flow of food and liquor that we pay for pre-landing seems excessive. Can you recommend anyplace NOT All Inclusive that's on the beach? We like to stay near MoBay as that's where we land, and honestly don't like bussing it somewhere for an hour to start our vacation! Some guidance on small resorts (preferably without children) would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 2:40 PM
    • Data Sim card for iPad, hiking shoes & insect repellant ;)

Jamaica Jan 17, 2015 at 4:54 AM

Hi :O)
      Going to Jamaica/Port Antonio very soon :o))
      Any advise on
      Where and what to buy wrt data sim card for iPad?
      If I wanna hike a day in the blue mountains - will a pair of running shoes/trainers suffice?
      And which mosquito/insect repellant works the best and do I find it at the local pharmacy?
      Thanks a bunch in advance
      Heidi (DK)

8 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 3:14 PM
    • Item forgotten at hotel

Jamaica Jan 13, 2015 at 12:28 PM

I forgot my iPad Mini in my hotel room. RIU Montego Bay asked me to get Fedex, and when I was told that it had to be initiated at their location, they then told me to use DHL. Same response...RIU Montego Bay needs to do this for me. Do you have any suggestion on how I can get my iPad Mini back? I live in Canada. Thanks so much for your suggestions!

1 Answer Jan 19, 2015 at 3:15 PM
    • Bars with music near Holiday Inn resort

Montego Bay Jan 11, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Is there a bar that plays Frank Sinatra type music?

1 Answer Jan 19, 2015 at 3:15 PM
    • Riu Palace

Jamaica Jan 8, 2015 at 10:30 AM

Where can I get pool hours and room numbers for this hotel?

3 Answers Jan 25, 2015 at 10:46 AM
    • Finding a bakery

Runaway Bay Jan 2, 2015 at 9:27 AM

It will be my boyfriends birthday when we are in Jamaica. I wanted to order a cake for him. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 3:15 PM
    • mosquito born virus , Chik-V

Jamaica Dec 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM

How bad is the virus in Jamaica called "Chik-V"?

7 Answers Dec 11, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    • NYE in Montego Bay 2014/15

Montego Bay Nov 16, 2014 at 4:12 PM

What's going on in Montego Bay for New Years? Anywhere to see live music?

2 Answers Dec 26, 2014 at 12:59 PM
    • Chik-V Mosquitoes

Jamaica Nov 6, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Is it safe to go to Jamaica although they have the chik-V mosquitoes there? Looking at Nov. 2014 trip.

5 Answers Nov 7, 2014 at 4:01 AM
    • Tipping Policy

Montego Bay Nov 6, 2014 at 12:03 PM

We are traveling to Montego Bay next week - staying at the all inclusive Holiday Inn Sunspree. What is the tipping policy for this since it is an all inclusive?

4 Answers Nov 7, 2014 at 3:34 AM
    • how to get from Grand Bahia Principe to Ocho Rios for a 9am tour

Jamaica Nov 6, 2014 at 8:25 AM

I'd like to avoid a cab and take public transportation or anything else if possible. I don't mind walking.

5 Answers Nov 10, 2014 at 11:52 AM
    • where can I buy cigars in kingston, Jamaica?

Kingston Oct 10, 2014 at 2:57 PM

The only place I found so far was at the airport, but you could only buy if you were a passenger (had a boarding pass).

I am not looking for Cuban cigars (if I did find autherntic ones, I wouldnt be against it).

I know Jamaica has had a reputation for their tobacco.. I havent found any cigar stores after searching many forums/maps/directories yet.

I am staying here for another 10 days and would love to smoke a few...

2 Answers Oct 14, 2014 at 7:52 PM
    • Live in Kingston

Kingston Sep 20, 2014 at 9:13 AM

I have the opportunity to move from the States and work Kingston for a few years. I am a single parent and have some concerns about safety for myself and my children. Is this even something I should consider? Thanks!

• Jubjub64's Profile Photo

How safe is Jamaica

Jamaica Sep 15, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Me and my partner are travelling to Jamaica in October and after reading the reviews I'm wondering if we made the right decision to go there

6 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 9:14 AM
    • Basic Questions about Negril

Jamaica Sep 10, 2014 at 2:00 PM

I'm planning a trip to Jamaica this December. I have seen quite a few posts saying that Negril is a great place to go for first time travelers. How far is Negril from the airport in Montego Bay? What are some exciting activities to do in Negril? How expensive are meals typically in Negril? Thank you so much!

2 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    • Best deal on all inclusive

Jamaica Aug 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Where in Jamaica is the best deal for all inclusive in March/April?

2 Answers Aug 29, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    • find someone in westmoreland negril jamaica

Parish of Westmoreland Aug 7, 2014 at 11:39 PM

how do you find someone in Westmoreland Negril jamaica

1 Answer Aug 8, 2014 at 5:58 PM
    • mavis77's Profile Photo

Best place to stay

Montego Bay Jul 23, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Where is the best place to stay in Montego bay....budget probably less than $250 AUD/ night total (two people). What places include drinks and food as well? Thank fellow VTers!

4 Answers Dec 3, 2014 at 7:22 PM