Jamaica

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• how to get from Grand Bahia Principe to Ocho Rios for a 9am tour

by LindaLV Online Now Nov 6, 2014 at 8:25 AM

I'd like to avoid a cab and take public transportation or anything else if possible. I don't mind walking.

5 Answers Nov 10, 2014 at 11:52 AM
    • Best deal on all inclusive

by Leafster Online Now Aug 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Where in Jamaica is the best deal for all inclusive in March/April?

2 Answers Aug 29, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    • Jake's Hotel

by zepp60 Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Has anyone been to Jakes in Treasure Beach lately. Planning a trip there in the spring 2015

2 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 5:59 AM
    • Chinggis_n_Borte's Profile Photo

Possible to get Jamaican currency in the USA prior to arrival in Jamaica?

by Chinggis_n_Borte Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Hello,

We are going to Jamaica and USA later in the year. We will be in SF, NYC and Miami prior to flying to Jamaica.
      Is it possible to obtain Jamaican currency at banks or money exchangers in the USA so we have some prior to arrival? Or will we have to wait until we arrive in Jamaica to get currency? We arrive on a Saturday in Jamaica.

Thank you

2 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 3:08 PM
    • hyeeh6's Profile Photo

Fleamarkets

by hyeeh6 Online Now May 28, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Hi, does anyone know if there are some good flea markets in negril or Montego Bay ?

Thx

1 Answer May 29, 2014 at 3:12 PM
    • hyeeh6's Profile Photo

Airport shuttle Montego Bay

by hyeeh6 Online Now May 26, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Hi everyone, can anyone tell me of any reliable inexpensive shuttle or transport companies to take me from Montego Bay airport to negril?? Help

Thx

4 Answers May 29, 2014 at 3:14 PM
    • kalamboukas's Profile Photo

travel in jamaica

by kalamboukas Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 6:44 AM

the beach in jamaica is good? i am from greece and i think to go there honeymoon.

8 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 9:50 PM
    • atufft's Profile Photo

Can we book as we please in the countryside?

by atufft Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 11:42 PM

After careful consideration, it appears the rental car is most expedient way to get around the island, and not nearly as dangerous as popular folklore would claim. So, we are mostly booked to stay with friends and family at Negril, but before they all arrive, we want to drive around the island. Can we simply keep a short list of possible hotels, and maybe contact them a day or two in advance. We are going during high season, but maybe the south coast area, and Kingston, have enough open bookings. Any advice?

• atufft's Profile Photo

Car Rental and Getting Around Advice Wanted

by atufft Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Not interested in warnings about what I can't do . I've heard most of this about Jamaica, and since we are veteran 3rd world travelers used to stepping past such warning signs. I want veteran or local advice ...

We will spent 12 days on the island, last couple days devoted to a nephews wedding on Negril beach. I booked a hotel near the dive spot in Negril. We fly into Montego Bay Airport.

I'm not too interested in hiring a driver, and so I'm considering public transit and rental car options. Can some folks fill me in on details. We spend minutes, not days laying on the beach, so getting around to appreciate Jamaican culture is pretty important . We would want to hire a boatman for snorkel diving, not join a tourist boat, but prefer a small low cost boat, not luxury vessel...

4 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    • anindya2012's Profile Photo

Need advice on 10 day itinerary for 2013 winter vacation

by anindya2012 Online Now Sep 15, 2013 at 3:29 PM

We need some help for deciding on the itinerary for our 2013 winter vacation trip to Jamaica. So far, we have secured the flight tickets (arrival at Montego Bay Airport on 17-Dec and return from same airport on 27-Dec). We have also secured car rental (the smallest car) for 10 days from airport. We are fairly acquainted with traffic that flows with/without rules/roads. So, we decided to have the car on our side. Everything else (itinerary, accommodation, restaurants etc.) are yet to be decided. We are a family of 3 i.e. myself, my wife and our daughter of 6 yrs. We are nature lovers, love to drive, enchanted by beaches and mountains. For this visit, we would prefer to avoid downtown, crowded places and shops. We would highly appreciate any suggestion you can provide on the cities which we can visit, things we can see, budget accommodation preferably with kitchenette (need not have to be a hotel) where we can stay and 'not very expensive' restaurants that we can try! Thanks in advance :-))

4 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 4:33 PM
    • atufft's Profile Photo

Flying into Montego Bay but staying in Negril--land transportation options wanted

by atufft Online Now Sep 5, 2013 at 1:55 AM

It seems the cheap flight to Negril are all booked, so we have to arrive at Montego Bay. We're staying 12 night total, and I'm ready to book those nights at a Negril Hotel. But, what are the land transportation options anyway? We will be with friends, but 12 nights in the same place may be boring...

1 Answer Jan 19, 2014 at 3:40 PM
    • Montego Bay Car Hire

by Britontour Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 2:57 AM

How much would it cost to hire a 7-seater ac car with driver for a day with unlimited mileage in the Montego Bay area of Jamaica?

3 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    • Sandals Royal Caribbean - Montego Bay, Jamaica

by tiffypoo Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM

where can you shop on the island? and can you buy name brand purses or even knock off purses?

• MariamaT's Profile Photo

looking for travel partner Jamaica 11/07 to 01/08/2013

by MariamaT Online Now Jun 12, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Hello everyone!
      My name is Mariama (or Mimi easier), I'm 24 years old and I have planned to travel in Jamaica between the 11th of July and the 1st of August.
      I'm alone and I know that's not a safe place so I'd like to know if someone is interested in a trip around Jamaica with me.
      I don't mind the sex or the age. I would prefer to visit the east coast but I'm flexible.
      I'm easy going, funny, open minded and easy to get along with. I would love to meet the local population instead of spending my all time in touristic places.
      Also, I love Jamaican music so I'd like to go in concert, in sound system..
      Feel free to contact me if you have any plans. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.
      Cheers
      Mimi

1 Answer Jun 13, 2013 at 1:53 AM
    • Nubiea's Profile Photo

I am visiting Jamaica for the 1st time!

by Nubiea Online Now Jul 5, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Can someone help me by telling me where is the closest resort or vacation spot to Saint Catherine?

1 Answer Jul 13, 2012 at 3:08 PM
    • Cindysoylites's Profile Photo

Montego Bay

by Cindysoylites Online Now Jan 6, 2011 at 12:32 PM

My husband & I are planning a trip to Montego Bay June 30-July 5. Our anniversary is July 2. Has anyone stayed at Coyaba Beach Resort & Club? It seems like a place we'd like. I've been to Jamaica twice. First time hubby was Kingston. Second time I won a trip to Montego Bay. Stayed at an all-inclusive resort however something got messed up with my "free" accomodations so we ended up paying for meals & drinks. I'm hesitant to pay for all-inclusive 'cause we like to venture into the locals areas but we do have breakfast where we stay & of course some drinks. I'd appreciate help.
      Thanks & Have a Peaceful Day,
      Cindy
      C

3 Answers Jun 11, 2011 at 2:49 AM
    • 1st Time to Jamaica

by pafisherman1 Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 9:06 AM

This will be my wife and I's first trip to Jamaica and have a bunch of questions. We are unsure of the place we want to stay but have some idea what we are looking for so maybe someone can help. We are a middle age couple late 40's that are active and enjoy the beach pool and water sports. I think we would like an all inclusive place that is for couples or adults. We enjoy nite life but not loud wild 20's something spots. Nice beach and pools a must.
      Also someplace maybe closer to the airport so we dont spend allot of time traveling. Any help on a place to start looking would be appreciated.
      Thanks
      Bill

4 Answers Jun 11, 2011 at 2:56 AM
    • sonyac82's Profile Photo

When to book for the best prices for New Years

by sonyac82 Online Now Oct 15, 2009 at 7:33 AM

Planning a vacation to Jamaica or Dominican Republic for New Years. The prices are really high just wondering if anyone knows from experiencing searching day to day... from booking early or waiting for better deals since resorts may notice they are not booking enough rooms. all inclusive is the way we would like to go.or even if thereis another hidden place that is as nice we would appreciate any advice...

2 Answers Oct 25, 2009 at 8:34 AM
    • NegrilPirate's Profile Photo

Why is a post from 2008 showing as the last?

by NegrilPirate Online Now Sep 4, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Sorry, don't mean to rock your boat,, but why do I see that?

4 Answers Sep 5, 2009 at 1:48 AM
    • I want to visit Jamaica

by queenwims Online Now Jul 12, 2008 at 2:37 PM

I want to visit Jamaica I have never been outside of the USA and am very excited about Jamaica how should I go by boat, plane, train? Where should I stay? What can I do? I know I want to see the blue water and I love to swim when is the best time to visit? Help and how much does it all cost?

4 Answers Jun 11, 2011 at 2:45 AM
    • Visa for Indian passport holders

by HalfDome2006 Online Now Feb 15, 2006 at 10:27 PM

Has anyone with indian passport travelled to jamaica without a visa?

2 Answers Feb 20, 2006 at 2:09 PM
    • Steve22's Profile Photo

surf spots

by Steve22 Online Now Jan 31, 2005 at 7:50 PM

Also, anyone know where there are good surfing spots in Jamaica?

1 Answer Jun 11, 2011 at 3:01 AM
    • Bernardone's Profile Photo

Cheap flight to Jamaica for Christmas!

by Bernardone Online Now Dec 5, 2003 at 2:44 PM

Does anyone have an alternative to paying900 for a flight from Los Angeles to Jamaica? Thanks for all your help!

4 Answers Dec 5, 2003 at 8:01 PM
    • Living in Jamaica

by spacepilot Online Now Aug 14, 2003 at 3:15 PM

Hi everyone I would like to spend a longer time in Jamaica. I would like to know some prices, like flat rental, daily food, car prices. My job is computer/internet related, so I would like to get some info about the computer and internet prices, possibilities. Thank you! :)

2 Answers Jun 11, 2011 at 3:11 AM