Jakarta

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hospital facilities in Sorong

Sorong Mar 2, 2015 at 1:32 PM

What is the name of the Hospital in Sorong and please describe its facilities/standards

more
    • Apply a visa online

Amed 18 hours ago

R there anyone have exp abt apply a visa online?plz share me.Thanks!

more
    • snowflakekean's Profile Photo

Travelling to Jemaja with a baby

Indonesia Mar 2, 2015 at 7:34 PM

I'm planning to meet my parents in Pulua Jemaja, Letong Kampong on or around the 25th March for about 5/6 days. I'm based in Singapore.

The problem is that I'm travelling with my 10 month old baby. Although she is a good traveller, I don't fancy my chances at keeping her happy and content for what seems would be a whole day of travelling on VERY long ferry trips.

So very simply I would like to know if there is a quicker (doesn't matter if it's more expensive) way to get there. I did wonder about driving up to Mersing and getting a ferry from there, or even flying up to Kuantan and getting a ferry from there but I don't know how regular (or if at all) ferries go from either of these places.

If anyone has any tips I'd love to hear them!

Thanks,
      Rachel

more
    • dancinbudgie's Profile Photo

Personal Trainer in Ubud?

Ubud Mar 21, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Hi all,
      I am entered into the Las Vegas WBFF in August. I am going to be in Ubud during the 3 months leading up to the comp. Can anyone recommend a PT that would be able to work with me?
      Thanks

more
    • Yogyakarta-Bromo-Ijen-Bali trip

Indonesia Mar 5, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Hi! I am travelling to yogyakarta in the end of march with my family and we are trying to plan the whole jogja-bromo-ijen-bali trip. There are 7 of us, so I am guessing it is better to travel by road rather than train. I am not sure if flight is a better option as compared to the long road journey between jogja and bromo. Any suggestions?

Also, could any of you please suggest a good travel agency who can arrange a car and guide for us for the whole trip from jogja to ijen? What would be the approximate cost for this 5D4N trip covering prambanan, borobudur, bromo and ijen including accommodation and travel? Could you please share contact details of reliable and reasonable travel agencies from jogja if you have them.

Thanks.

more
    • liana23's Profile Photo

How to find most budget transfer to Derawan Island..?

Pulau Derawan Mar 4, 2015 at 10:54 PM

If anybody ,ll be please to tell me the actual schedule - public boat or ferry- between Derawan and Tarakan, Drerawan and Tanjung Batu....I am solo traveller, need to find most budget transfer to Derawan Island, planning trip in May 2015/

more
    • Mona Lisa Restaurant

Bukittinggi Mar 27, 2015 at 2:37 PM

I m looking for the adress of this restaurant , we where there...22 years ago...and I would like to know if the owner still there.
      We had great time with him and his friends
      We offered hom a little statue , and said to him, we will be back to see him again...so I have to do it.
      Cheers
      Nicolas

more
    • Is Indonesia safe for 2 young female travellers to stay in for 3 weeks?

Indonesia Mar 17, 2015 at 1:12 PM

My best friend and I are both 18 years old and are hoping to travel to Indonesia for 3 weeks, however my parents are having some difficulty with letting me go as they think it won't be safe. My friend is a very experienced British traveller, travelling throughout Africa, Middle East and Europe throughout her childhood with her family and also living in Malawi for many years previously. I am from India and have experience travelling there with the family. How can I convince my parents it would be safe for me to go? If it even is.

more
    • nehaachaudhary's Profile Photo

Betel nut farms in jambi .?

Jambi Province Mar 5, 2015 at 1:25 AM

Hi.. I am planning to go jambi. I have heard qit's a beautiful place and is one of the highest producer of betel nut in indonesia.  I want to explore betel nut farms in jambi. Can anybody let me know where are the farms exactly in jambi ? Betel nut is also known as Areca nut.

your help will be highly appreciated :)

thanks n regards

Neha

more
    • Bali or Pattaya-BAngkok?

Indonesia Mar 11, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Hi,
      I am planning to visit BALI at Indonesia from Singapore for my Bachelor's party with my close friends, can you please suggest if BALI is better place for thjis or should I look at PATTAYA/ BANGKOK.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • sham_ismail's Profile Photo

culture and performance

Bali Mar 16, 2015 at 5:09 AM

Me and my friends are in a tight budget travelling to Bali. We are very much interested in observing and blend in with the local culture, which is better? Ubud or Batubulan considering the budget factor. Which temple should we visited to experience the richness of culture in Bali? We thinking of staying for three nights. with one day at the beach. This is our first time there and is public transport or tourist shuttle bus is available to go to these places?

The initial itinerary as follow; first day in Kuta(pantai Kuta)/South Kuta(padang-padang beach) for the beaches-second day to Uluwati for the beaches,temple and GWK-third day and fourth to either Ubud/Batubulan for the cultural sightseeing.

I know I am Missing a lot of thing but any suggestion for the itineraries? We are very flexible but on tight budget(sorry for mentioning it again and again...lols)

more
    • IS Lombok safe for foreigners

Lombok Mar 26, 2015 at 3:38 AM

There has been a rapid spread of the paramilitary criminal organization throughout Lombok in the past 2 years. These criminals are armed and dangerous, they wear full military uniforms and often use this to intimidate their victims althought they arealso not afraid to use their weapons including bush knives and pistols. This is a extremist paramilitary criminal organization run mainly by people from Bima (Sumbawa) , a well known breeding ground for Islamic extremists. IS LOMBOK SAFE FOR FOREIGN TOURISTS?

more
    • current airport tax ?

by easytrip Online Now Feb 27, 2015 at 10:58 PM

What is the current jakarta airport tax for international flight ? mtks!

3 Answers Feb 28, 2015 at 2:43 AM
    • Query form train fron Jakarta to YOGYAKARTA

by easytrip Online Now Feb 26, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Would like to know if there is a train leaving Jakarta in the evening and arrival YOGYAKARTA around midnight( before or around 12:00 pm). The train time table on website are different and don't know which one is correct.
      Mtks!

1 Answer Feb 26, 2015 at 11:41 PM
    • reza0015's Profile Photo

Visa problem (My brother needs help)

by reza0015 Online Now Jan 22, 2015 at 3:07 AM

Hey guys, My brother has a problem with his visa in Indonesia, he has a 5 years old kid and I'm looking for a reliable agent to help him.
      if you have any useful information regarding it, Please let me know ASAP.
      you can email me to : khavariali0@yahoo.com an leave your phone number for me.
      or if you have a Viber you can call me at : 0060162960261.

Best regards.
      Reza.

10 Answers Jan 23, 2015 at 1:00 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

What are the current office addresses of Xpress Air and Citilink in Jakarta?

by Chyan Online Now Nov 29, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Hi, can I know the Head Office addresses of Xpress Air and Citilink in Jakarta? I just want to be sure they have not moved elsewhere.
      The addresses (from 2010) : Xpress Air, Boutique Office Park, Kemayoran, Jln. Benyamin Sueb Blok A No. A11, Jakarta 10210.
      Citilink, Menara Citicon, Lt. 16, Jl. Letjen S. Parman Kav. 72, Jakarta Barat, DKI, Jakarta 11410.

Kindly advise if there are changes in their addresses.

2 Answers Nov 30, 2014 at 7:19 AM
    • Lounge in Jakarta Airport

by lilywong Online Now Nov 11, 2014 at 7:54 AM

Hi,

Heard that there's a nice lounge/club in Jakarta airport which we can enjoy buffet. Can anyone help me about this? My flight departing Jakarta is 8:30pm while hotel check out time is 12 noon. Since I may not do any touring but rather stay at the airport if there's a place for food and can relax.

Many tks,

6 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 9:24 PM
    • Muslimah Product

by HALIMGOH Online Now Aug 19, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Would like to know more the place and shopping mall those selling of muslimah product ?

3 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 9:05 PM
    • phuket holiday for 40 persons in September 10-12, 2014

by WisnuN Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 3:20 AM

hi anyone, please inform if u know the Phuket's tour guide which are available or possible to guide 40 persons in September 10-12, 2014.

Thanks guys.

3 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 12:59 AM
    • linchong311's Profile Photo

Follow Tour Guide or Explore by ourselves?

by linchong311 Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 7:49 AM

I' ll be travelling to Jakarta on Sept 2014. I'm thinking whether we should find a local tour guide or explore by ourselves. May I know whether the attractions or interesting places are all located at central Jakarta? Is there convenient to walk around or may be take the public transport? If we want to travel far from the central, how do we find the relevant transport?

12 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 6:17 PM
    • AntoniaF's Profile Photo

Public Swimming Pool in South Jakarta

by AntoniaF Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 12:23 AM

I think I'm getting desperate in finding a swimming pool that suits my need near my place in Cipete

- the one in arcadia is always crowded on weekends and quite spooky on weekday nights (and the bathrooms are rundown)
      - the one in talavera used dark natural stone tiling but only provide 1 underwater lamp so it's almost like swimming blind
      - the one in oktroi is quite ok but finding a parking space is stressing me out
      - the one in citos is also parking-space challenged
      (okay...I know I'm starting to sound like Ms.Nitpicky hahaha)

Any other place you can recommend?
      I usually swim after office hours ( so after 6pm ) on weekdays
      Nothing fancy, just need decent changing rooms and easy parking.

3 Answers Apr 27, 2014 at 3:00 AM
    • n4nova's Profile Photo

In Jakarta for 5-6 hours

by n4nova Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I will be on my way from Medan to Bali. I change my flights in Jakarta, where there is will 5-6 hours gap between two flights. I just wanted to know, whether there is anything I can cover in that time in Jakarta.

Thanks in Advance,

Srijani.

7 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM
    • massage and spa in Jakarta

by travelguy2013 Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Hi all -

Am going to be in Jakarta and am looking for an affordable/cheap place to get a good massage. Will be in South Jakarta but could travel a bit if it's worth it.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

1 Answer Apr 14, 2014 at 12:18 AM
    • world-g's Profile Photo

buying mobile phone in JKT

by world-g Online Now Feb 25, 2014 at 1:11 AM

has anyone bought an unlocked GSM mobile phone in Jakarta? Where, and what are the price ranges?

4 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 1:01 PM
    • Sporting goods

by MelJakarta Online Now Jan 9, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Does anyone know where i can buy gym equipment - sit up ball, light hand held weights etc, not large machines or heavy duty blokes weight, just a few bits for a lady wanting the basics at home? Thanks.

5 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 1:23 AM
    • Suggestions for site seeing in jakarta & which area to stay!

by Manishnakra Online Now Jan 8, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Hi people,
      I will land Jakarta in afternoon and have next day before I leave back.
      So in all i have 2 nights and 1.5 day in jakarta.
      Im interested to do a city tour during the day and clubbing during night.
      Im not a shopaholic.
      Recommendations needed for:-
      1) budget hotels in a lively place.
      2) where all to visit during city tour.

Thanks!

10 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 2:17 AM
    • matjung's Profile Photo

Kopaja No. 616, useful for tourists?

by matjung Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Hello dear people from Jakarta,
      I am going to arrive on a Sunday in Jakarta.
      After placing my luggage in the hotel, I thought about going to the Betawi Cultural Village to watch some local dancing.

I already learned that bus Kopaja No 616 is going from Pasar Minggu Terminal to there.
      Is it a wise idea, that I take this bus?
      Will the driver understand some English?
      Source: http://www.indonesia.travel/en/destination/971/setu-babakan

4 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 6:09 PM
    • Filming in Jakarta

by mf2plus Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Hi dear fellow travelers,

I'm planning to visit Jakarta soon. I'm a little bit of a camera buff, so I have at least 4 different cameras and harddrives. My concern is whether I need a permit to get through costumes - and basically how strict the authorities are with regards to filming?

1 Answer Dec 5, 2013 at 12:27 AM
    • Shirts in October Jakarta Indonesia

by oeilk Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Shirts short sleeve or long sleeves in Jakarta ,Inonesia

3 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • FinTrvl's Profile Photo

What to do in Jakarta?

by FinTrvl Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 4:02 AM

We are going to Jakarta in February for few days with my girlfriend. What to do in Jakarta? Where to visit? And is the weather good in February?

10 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    • mattiagar's Profile Photo

how long does it take from the airport to the city?

by mattiagar Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 6:20 AM

So...I'm landing in Jakarta the day after tomorrow at around 8 pm, and I booked a hotel in north jakarta (close to jakarta utara, the hotel it's the Best Western Mangga Dua). I'm leaving the day after at 6 pm (intl. flight so have to be at the airport at 4,30 pm).
      Some people told me that it can take up to 3,4 hours from the airport to north jakarta, 'cause of the crazy heavy traffic.
      Is that true? I know it has heavy traffic but 3 or 4 hours seems like an exageration.

Thanks!

3 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • Jakarta local tour

by H_ARIarchi Online Now Aug 11, 2013 at 7:19 AM

I will be thankful if we can get some answers..We are seven adults visiting Jakarta enroute to yogyakarta in november ..
      Would like to take a 6 hour Jakarta city tour...Is it better to apprach Blue Bird Taxi for 7 seater van or any other operator?
      Will they come and pick us from any Hotels near by Sukarno Airport or is it a must that we stay in central jakarta hotels
      Thanks

13 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 4:26 AM
    • I lost my mobile phone at Jakarta International Airport. What to do?

by jakartafan Online Now Jul 27, 2013 at 4:15 PM

As I was about to board my flight out of Jakarta, I left my mobile phone unattende at a restaurant table and it was gone. It had a SimPati sim card with about Rp 100,000 load. I am abroad and will not be back in Indonesia any time soon. But I don't want my number to be used by the guy who took my mobile. The number is registered in my name with my passport number. The sim card has no password. Is there a way to cancel the number? Please help me.

5 Answers Aug 26, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    • haysnoe's Profile Photo

Best way to center of Jakarta from airport

by haysnoe Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 12:11 AM

What is the best way to get to our hotel from the airport in Jakarta?
      Jl. Samanhudi No.26, Pasar Baru, Central Jakarta is address.
      Maps say it's 16 miles. They haven't responded to request for shuttle.
      Should we take a cab? About how much? Is there a better way?

Thanks!

5 Answers Aug 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    • bars in Ramadan!

by jakartafan Online Now Jun 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM

what about bars. Are they open in Jakarta during Ramadan?

8 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM
    • ramadan travel and food ban

by jakartafan Online Now Jun 20, 2013 at 7:47 PM

can tourists eat and drink in Jakarta in Ramadan? Is it true that retaurants and night spots are closed for the month?

3 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 2:05 AM
    • hotels near shops

by jakartafan Online Now Jun 20, 2013 at 7:38 PM

are there hotels near shopping malls

2 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 2:01 AM
    • Luggage in Train around Java

by 330nomad Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 5:29 AM

We want to travel in Java via train (executive class) , however we will have a large suitcase (22 kgs), can we take this on the train where it is within our eyesight (for security reasons).

5 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 12:52 AM
    • Accommodation in Jakarta during Ramadan

by 330nomad Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 5:27 AM

We are a retired couple and plan to visit Jakarta for 3 days as part of a 2 week stay in Java in July, 2013. I understand this is within the Ramada month. We will be flying in and out of Jakarta. Is staying at the Akmani Hotel in Tanah Abang going to be a problem in terms of touring, dining out and shopping during that time? We will be booking bus day tours and will also want to do some shopping for sports shoes. We also want to walk to restaurants. We will also be going by train to Bandung. Is there any advantage in terms of accessiblity and security, if we book at the Novotel in Mangga Dua or Alila Hotel?

7 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 2:09 AM
    • ruthselvidge's Profile Photo

Nice place to stay near airport in jakarta

by ruthselvidge Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Arriving in Jakarta airport from Medan and leaving the next day at 2pm. Is there anywhere nice to stay near the ocean?? Prefer quaint places with character probably not possible in the suburbs of Jakarta??

4 Answers Oct 25, 2014 at 7:59 AM
    • sesudin's Profile Photo

Jakarta to Bandung

by sesudin Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 5:12 AM

Hye there, I wanna ask about the transportation from jakarta to bandung. What is the best option i can get.. By train? Which one is the shortest route?

35 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 4:06 AM
    • Expenses

by nurfitri Online Now May 22, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Hi. I will be going to Jakarta for 4D3N. How much money should I bring? I'll be staying alone and all.

5 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM