Jakarta Travel Answers

change location

1st time travel to Jakarta Bandung

by PareRazak Online Now Sep 20, 2011 at 1:25 AM

help me
my family (8 person )plan to visit jakarta, puncak & Bandung  on 17 Dec 2011...hope anyone here can help me bcoz this is 1st time travel to jakarta puncak Bandung . 

1. which hotel is good for family adn which area,,,budget around usd40 pernight 
2. what best thing to do with family in jakarta, puncak & banding,,any suggestion? 
3. which area want to do shopping,,i mean cheap 
4. must try food? 
5. any suggestion for driver there? nice n good driver for our tour 
6. Hire tourguide service, any recommendation? Cost per day?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Re: 1st time travel to Jakarta Bandung

by septian Online Now Sep 21, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Dear,,

1. Hotel in Jakarta not so easy ( Nice, clean and around 40 USD, but you can find some hotel in Jaksa Street. But I don't like Jakarta. 22.000.000 people in one City...??? you can imagine.. Better you stay in Bogor near Puncak. you can Stay in GG Happy Valley ( look on Google ) was nice place, relax and not so exvensive ( around Rp. 400.000/ room / night ) and in Bandung maybe you can Try in " FLOREST GALLERY HOTEL " ( look on Google ) is also nice place and relax.

2. do some thin in Jakarta : Ancol, Taman Mini or Sunda Kelapa hardboard.
    3. Bandung is nice place for shoping
    4. of couse.. you can see the country but also you have to try the food..!!!
    5. you can try to ask the driver in West Java.. but becareful. you can ask in here " echigadist@yahoo.com "
    6. you can find the guide in all turism objekm by licence guide. if you need guide for all trip most be exvensive, around 30 - 35 USD per day.

Sory for my english write...!!!

Hope you have a good trip in Indonesia

Warmest regard

Ade

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by PareRazak Online Now Sep 22, 2011 at 3:54 AM

Thank u so much for your great information, btw GG hotel valley is it near to shopping mall or food stall, thks

by septian Online Now Sep 22, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Hi,

If you like stay in Near shooping mall or food, you have to stay in center of the city. like in Bogor in Hotel Sala, or Bandung in Asia Afrika street, jakarta in Jaksa Street

by PareRazak Online Now Sep 22, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Hi Septian

Thank again for your great info.

• heniehapsari's Profile Photo

Re: 1st time travel to Jakarta Bandung

by heniehapsari Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 8:17 AM

Hi there..
    am so glad that u & ur family considered jakarta puncak & bandung as ur holiday destination...glad to give u some informations, & hope it's useful..
    1. In Jakarta u cud choose one of these hotels : Smart Hotel or Grand Cemara Hotel or Hotel Sofyan Tebet. These hotels located @ the heart of Jakarta, and match ur budget. Try to search in google..
    In Puncak, u cud consider these 2 hotels : Novus Puncak Resort & Spa or Hotel Seruni..these hotel are very recommended..
    In Bandung, u sud see the reviews of New Sany Rosa Hotel..my private choice!

2. In Jkt, spend ur time to take tours of Jakarta Old Town, or u cud visit Ancol (Jakarta theme park) or Taman Mini Indonesia Indah (the miniature of Indonesia)or to MOnas (the jakarta landmark). if u wanna do the shopping, u cud simply go to Tanah Abang, Thamrin City, or mangga dua...ooohh my little heavens :))
    In Puncak, just enjoy the scenery or just laid back enjoy ur holiday. if u wanna see the Bag factories (there are loads of bag factory there) simply take tour to Bogor City.
    In Bandung, my favourite town everrrr...beware!!! coz ur money is gonna be so easy to spent :)) there are tons of factory outlets which *couln't resist* prices..and also there's Pasar Baru (big market, nice & cheap market)..u can find irresistible stuff there with also *couldn't resist* price.. thanks to Air asia, they hv KL-Bandung route now..so plenty of Malaysian shopping in pasar baru..amazing!!

4. u definetely must try our food...so delicious, yet so many varieties..

5. i cud give u some list of rent cars & drivers here..update u later,ok?!

by PareRazak Online Now Sep 27, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Hi heniehapsari,

Thank you so much for your valuable information, appreciated it if you cud update me with some list of rent car with driver.

Optional Email: abdrazakpetro@gmail.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Jakarta