Jakarta Travel Answers

change location
MastutNidhofQolbi's Profile Photo

Traveling To Maldives & Seychelles From Jakarta

by MastutNidhofQolbi Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Dear Travelers
I will be getting married at the middle of December 2014 and I have already set a plan to travel to Maldives & Seychelles with my spouse for the honeymoon at the end of December 2014 for approximately 6 (six) days. I do fully understand that it is still far away to reach that date. However, I prefer to prepare that upcoming journey as early as possible in order to get the trip goes well as per the planning without any trouble. Thus, on this occasion I have some questions in regard of that travel plan:

1. I will do take-off from Jakarta. So, what is the finest itinerary for that upcoming trip (A: Jakarta-Seychelles-Maldives-Jakarta or B: Jakarta-Maldives-Seychelles-Jakarta) as we have to compromise with the availability of the flight schedule?.
2. Is there the direct flight from and to Jakarta for 2 (two) itinerary options as above (A & B)?. If unavailable (if transit is needed), what is the plane with its shortest flight hours for those options as above?.
3. What is the best Live Cooking Restaurant in Maldives and or Seychelles which serves the Mediterranean menus?.
4. What is the special and or necessary thing that I need to prepare for those destinations (Maldives & Seychelles) as I travel on that period (December)?.

Wishing I can get the answer from this forum and I really appreciate for the response.
Once again, thank you in advance for the sharing.

With My Best Regards,
Mastut Nidhof Qolbi

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • jonsintown's Profile Photo

Re: Traveling To Maldives & Seychelles From Jakarta

by jonsintown Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Hello
    Just to answer a small but important part of your Itinerary questions:
    Regarding flights. At present there is no direct service from Jakarta to either country.
    You will have to change flights which ever way you go and Ethiad Airways out of Abu Dhabi probably
    has the best choice of connections and prices for December of this year.
    True, if you book your flights now rather than later you will not only guarantee seat availability but may save a small fortune as well in price.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

Re: Traveling To Maldives & Seychelles From Jakarta

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Flights will be a BIG problem. As mentioned above, there are no direct flights between ANY of your destinations.

Jakarta-Male: the best connection will be Kuala Lumpur. But the flight (with connections) will take 7-10 hours.

Male-Victoria: the best connection is either Dubai or Doha. But the flight will take 12-30 hours.

Victoria-Jakarta: Connecting again through Doha, this flight will take 24+ hours

So just in flights you're looking at 2.5 days on an airplane. If you only have 6 days, this is entirely impractical.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Jakarta