Jakarta Travel Answers

change location
vieviengan's Profile Photo

jakarta-bandung 5 nights

by vieviengan Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 5:05 AM

Hi guys,

There will be 4 of us, please help us to plan . We have 5 nights there and we heard that Jakarta there nothing much , so we plan to stay there for 2 nights and Bandung for 3 nights . We will be fling into jakarta and flying our from bandung . So plan to go some shopping, eat nice restaurant, and clubs . The thing is we do not know where to stay as I heard Jakarta traffic is really bad and it actually make me dont know how to plan my trip. As been told if I go somewhere in the morning I better stay there and not to back to hotel until night . So please suggest -

1- Where to stay good location nearby shopping ( bugdet about USD 80 )

2- Any good restaurant around , any food that is a must try 3-Any nice clubs, its better I go back hotel for a rest /shower and out again for the club. I dont want to smell badly for being out a day . So would it better to be near where I stay so to stay away from the wasting time on the traffic 4-Places to visit at Jakarta , I only have 2 nights there

For bandung I was thinking to get a train to go to bandung , so where is the train station, can I buy my ticket on that day ? How much and how many hours ? Also please help me on bandung too 1- Place to stay , nearby hot spot 2- places to shopping , must go outlet I heard they have alot , but where 3- Places to visit , I heard theres this Volcano ( do I need to hire a taxi or a tour agent ? ) 4- Places to eat , and food must try

Please help VTers, thanks alot

Quote & Answer
15 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: jakarta-bandung 5 nights

by davidjo Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 5:14 AM

Check the Bandung page on VT as it will give you all the information you require

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dodolbete's Profile Photo

by dodolbete Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I am not sure if we are allowed to put a link from other sites here or not.... Anyways, if you will go by train then it is better if you look for the hotels near the train stations (Gambir or Jakarta Kota) when you are in Jakarta. Both stations are not so far from each other, both also relatively near to several shopping areas, museums and entertainment centres (it won't take more than $10 or even $5 for a taxi).

You can also take Trans Jakarta Buses when you're in Jakarta. Not completely but relatively traffic free, compared to other public transportation means (even private cars & taxis), for they've got their own track and it is air conditioned, although those buses are usually very full for the price is also very cheap (only IDR 3.500 - less than $1).

Jakarta's traffic maybe bad, but the public transportation means are more convenient to find and use. There are a lot of one way streets in Bandung, so that sometimes you've got to go around first to reach somewhere near. I only went to Bandung a couple times, I am not so familiar with the city, while the last time I went there was years ago, but maybe you can try to find Cihampelas on your search engine.

• Re: jakarta-bandung 5 nights

by cakur Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 10:39 AM

for jakarta:

1. better you specify your budget (usd 80) is for your group or for each 2-persons ? finding a good hotel at usd 80 for 4 person is hard in jakarta.
    2. in jakarta, going to kelapa gading for hunting food is good. the food ? seafood maybe ?
    3. in kemang, maybe ?
    4. monumen nasional is indonesian landmark. the other, depend on your preference. do you like shopping ? then go to shopping mall. do you like culture ? then go to taman mini or old jakarta.

for bandung:
    you can buy train ticket same day with departure in the train station. price about 60k rupiah. and time about 3 - 4 hour. and bandung traffic is bad too.

1. you can find hotel in bandung easily today. there is many website provide booking assistance for hotel.
    2. top factory outlet in bandung is rumah mode. the next, you can try several factory outlet in riau street, like heritage, summit, oasis. next, factory outlet in dago street.
    3. to visit volcano, better hire a car. it saving time than using public transport.
    4. in bandung you should try sundanese food. most sundanese food has chicken.
    5. most visitior here also buy cakes / brownies in kartika sari / amanda. you should buy too. :)

2 members found this helpful

• jonsintown's Profile Photo

by jonsintown Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Hi
    For Jakarta and for any first time visitor I would recommend staying anywhere in the department store, shopping side end of Jalan K H Wahid Hasyim (Road). Here or close to by taxi, you will find everything you need in the way of shopping, nightlife, bars, restaurants and hotels including a couple of comfortable Ibis properties.

• vieviengan's Profile Photo

by vieviengan Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Sorry for not specific on my budget , probably about USD 50-80 / a room ,
    -Do you know the train schedule, should I go in the morning, aftrnoon or evening to Bandung ?
    -Is it easy to hire a drive at Bandung , what is the up hill, or volcano called
    -In Wahid Hasyim road ( is it near the Mangga Dua area? ) , what are the malls they have ? I heard Grand Indonesia is good, so is it nearby there ?

• jonsintown's Profile Photo

by jonsintown Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM

This part I mentioned of Jalan Wahid H is overall a much nicer area than Manga Dua. In Jakarta's usual heavy traffic, during the day it would be roughly 30 mins by taxi from there to Mangga Dua or about only 10 minutes to get to Monas statue (Jakarta's main iconic
    landmark) and from the train station 15 minutes max to get to Jalan Wahid H. Plaza Grand Indonesia you could technically walk to but a more practical option would be only 5 minutes from Wahid H.
    In Wahid H there is a big Department Store there any way with an excellent Indonesian made craft souvenir department on the top floor.
    Buget wise, you should be able to get a nice comfortable room at either of the Ibis hotels on that part of the road. The just slightly more expensive Ibis Tamarin has a nice outside pool .

by cakur Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 10:49 AM

train from jakarta to bandung available since early morning. however, it is better to travel at your convenience. just remember that travel time about 4 hour.

north volcano called tangkuban perahu. south volcano called patuha. but the popular name is kawah putih, its crater.

mangga dua and grand indonesia sell different item.

by vieviengan Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM

SO my conclusion is , I would probably stay at Wahid H and then I will take a taxi to Mangga 2 for 1 day and another day I will go to Grand Indo which is nearer to my hotel .

-Which hotel should I stay the best at this Wahid H that is nearest to Grand Indo?
    -So this Wahid H is near to the train station ? How far ? Any website that I can see the schedule of the train to Bandung . For the train if I have luggage is it safe ? Will the luggage stay with me or I will need to put far away.
    - What can I do around this area ?any CLubs ?Or we need to go another area for CLubs

by cakur Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 5:31 AM

you can see the schedule and buy ticket here:
    www.kereta-api.co.id/

you will sit with your luggage. either up in the rack or beside your seat. always watch your luggage in train in indonesia.

by vieviengan Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 5:49 AM

There so many train station in Jakarta to Bandung , which would be the best if I would stay at Wahid H ? And whic station in Bandung  should I stop ? There so many stations in Jakrta and bandung , its confusing .

by cakur Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 5:58 AM

you should select your origin: Jakarta - Gambir, and your destination: Bandung - Bandung.

you should get result for Argo Parahyangan train.

by vieviengan Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 6:02 AM

So all fare its standard, theres no VIP where you pay more expensive or standard which is cheaper ?

• superfirdyan's Profile Photo

by superfirdyan Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 1:25 AM

I live in Jakarta for about 10 years.
    better you took an option to stay around Mangga Dua area. rates are so-so. and yes they've foreign-rates. If you need a reservation of hotel may be I can help you but it is not my offer and no advantage for me, just helping. so when I've done to make you reservation (in a travel agent ) you can pay it by yourself to the agent.
    There are stores and shops available, near Gambir Train station.

• stores: Mangga Dua Square / Mall (don't think it is a square, it is a big shopping centre with a cheap-relative prices. and it is bargainable. Malaysian favourite)

if you want to do shops in a higher class, just a 15 minutes to Grand Indonesia or Sarinah-Thamrin area.

• Gambir Train station when you want to go with an executive class train.
      • Pasar senen train station when you want to go with a business or economy class. Kota train station is also an option to do trip with economy class.

I cannot give you minutes duration from your hotel. as per jakarta is a traffic city. but you can check kms in the google maps.

if you need more assistance, do not hesitate to email me or post me a message.

• superfirdyan's Profile Photo

by superfirdyan Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 1:43 AM

here might be an answer you need

-Which hotel should I stay the best at this Wahid H that is nearest to Grand Indo? --- as per your budget, may be ibis (I don't know for non-indonesian)
    -So this Wahid H is near to the train station ? How far ? Any website that I can see the schedule of the train to Bandung . For the train if I have luggage is it safe ? Will the luggage stay with me or I will need to put far away. ---the nearest is Gambir. good TS for your trip. web: www.kereta-api.co.id , luggage is with you. dont worry it safe.
    - What can I do around this area ?any CLubs ?Or we need to go another area for CLubs --- Jalan Jaksa is recommended for nightlife.

• icamarica's Profile Photo

by icamarica Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 8:51 AM

if you book your hotel via agoda, check jakarta for thamrin and/or wahid hasyim area. that area is nearby malls. you can walk but only if you can stand the heat. the malls nearby are Sarinah, Grand Indonesia, Plaza Indonesia, EX entertainment center. To go to mangga dua you can take a cab.
    As for clubs, depends on what you're looking for... dance music or live music, pricey or cheap or anything else. you can search jakarta nightlife and find the clubs that interest you then ask here for review.
    as for bandung, i don't have much info. but if you like shopping you may want to find hotel nearby the streets with lots of factory outlets, in jalan riau or jalan setiabudi.
    have a nice trip!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Jakarta