Travel Answers
Jaisalmer

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What to pack visiting jaisalmer in Feb 2014.. type of clothes, footwear etc

by snehgulati Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Please suggest what kind of clothes and footwears and other accesories to pack if visiting jaisalmer in mid Feb 2014

5 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 7:51 AM
    • Birthday Celebrations on Sand dunes?

by JagdeepSingh Online Now Dec 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM

We are planning to celebrate my son's first birthday in Jaisalmer. We want to celebrate it in the sand dunes and not in the jaisalmer city.

Please suggest hotel/camp/resort in Sam, Jaisalmer where we can celebrate it

7 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 3:07 AM
    • trip to jaisalmer.. pls ans:

by jaini Online Now Aug 2, 2013 at 10:45 AM

what type of shoes should i take with me

6 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 3:25 AM
    • kevinborg's Profile Photo

Jodhpur to Jaisalmer - An Alternative to Train Transport

by kevinborg Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 5:01 AM

Hi all !

I need to travel between Jodhpur to Jaisalmer next month (on a Friday) but I want an alternative means of transport to trains. The reason being, basically, that we will arrive in Jodhpur Airport at 2 pm in the afternoon and the next available train from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer is only at 11.45pm, which is almost 10 hours later!!! And thus, it means that with train transport we only arrive in Jaisalmer the following day at around 6am!! So we would like to know of an alternative means of transport so that we travel to and actually arrive in Jaisalmer much earlier than the train option.

So can somebody please tell me, what are the best options that I have? Are there any good bus/coach or taxi services which frequently travel from Jodhpur to Jaiselmar? If yes I appreciate, if you can indicate the travel times (maybe you can provide a link) the duration of travel needed between these two cities, the price for this trip and from which area in Jodhpur we must go to, to take this means of transport? And finally, is there a possibility to take any of these services, from Jodhpur airport straight to Jaiselmar City?

Thanks a lot and I look forward for your replies, and looking also forward for my first time experience to visit incredible India!

Regards, Kevin Malta, Europe

9 Answers Mar 6, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    • jaiselmer

by RAMNIKGUPTA Online Now Dec 4, 2012 at 4:02 AM

HI . I WANT TO TRAVEL ALONG WITH MY FAMILY FROM JAISELMER TO JODHPUR ON 23RD DEC 2012, CAN ANYBODY GUIDE WHERE I SHOULD CONTACT FOR VOLVO OR ANY OTHER BEST BUS BOOKING

3 Answers Dec 19, 2012 at 2:34 AM
    • dominice's Profile Photo

where to stay. Jaisalmer

by dominice Online Now Feb 24, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Hi. I will be going to Jaisalmer for a few days in march. Any ideas on places to stay max budget 800 rps.
      thanks in advance. dominic

3 Answers Feb 29, 2012 at 2:15 AM
    • ghalegaun's Profile Photo

Camel Trek in Jaisalmer

by ghalegaun Online Now Nov 7, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Hi Again
      I am talking with the Ganesh travel for 2 nights/3 days Camel trek in Jaisalmer, any body been with this company in past if yes, would you share your experience with me how is the this company,thanks

4 Answers Nov 7, 2011 at 12:30 PM
    • aleymilano's Profile Photo

jaisalmer

by aleymilano Online Now Oct 22, 2011 at 12:42 AM

i have been in jaisalmer six months ago and i have great time in there. i was stay in hotel killa bhawan. that was a great heritage experience.i had lunch in trio restaurant that was also great. and dinner in MIDTOWN restaurant(amazing view). that was also superb. but why that restaurant not listed in vt????? i just love that place. what the lovely flute music..but still many places are not listed perfactly in vt yet????????

2 Answers Oct 22, 2011 at 5:34 AM
    • Kuldhara

by Sanjayjain Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I visited Kuldhara few days back, and was very curious to know more about Kuldhara and reasons of migeration of people from 84 villages overnight. I have another reason of my curiosity which is that, same story run in our family that our ancestors migerated from Jaiselmer.

I would like to know since you have mentioned the migeration date was Raksh Bandhan day, how did you happen to inferenced that ?

It is co incidental that today is again a Raksh Bandhan, and I happen to visit your blog the same day.

1 Answer Aug 24, 2010 at 12:21 PM
    • arunpatil1's Profile Photo

Hotel Victoria, Jaisalmer

by arunpatil1 Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I have read wonderful reviews about this hotel.
      Can someone tell me the room tarrif? Is it inclusive of food?

Thanks
      Arun

3 Answers Feb 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    • Dee_P's Profile Photo

Jaisalmer 1 day desert safari

by Dee_P Online Now Jan 23, 2010 at 6:19 AM

Hi,

Me and a friend will be driving from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer - so will arrive in Jaisalmer around 2pm. Plan to visit the Jaisalmer fort and Gadisisar Lake that afternoon. The next day do the Patwon Ki Haveli and the desert safari in the evening (sunset). And the next morning get our driver to take us from Jaisalmer to Pushkar. Is this possible?

I read that most desert safari's are for 2 days and 1 night. But we only want to do one day and one night.

How do we go about booking this? And what time would they pick us up for the desert safari. We don't really want to do a whole day on the dunes. Say a few hours, see the sunset, have food, sleep and come back the next morning. Is this possible?

4 Answers Jan 25, 2010 at 12:35 PM
    • camael safari

by frouindenis Online Now Oct 10, 2009 at 4:47 AM

How much for a camel safari for 2 nights ?

3 Answers Oct 24, 2009 at 10:09 PM
    • azf's Profile Photo

Amritsar to Jaisalmer

by azf Online Now Jul 11, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Hi, I would like to travel from Amritsar to Jaisalmer, and I was wondering if it's possible to do that trip without going through Delhi first. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Alex

• Accommodation in Jaisalmer

by dusita_b Online Now Nov 23, 2007 at 5:07 PM

I'm planning a trip to Jaisalmer during 28-30 December, 2007. Can any one recommend me a good place, mid-range with heritage style, to stay. I already booked for Shahi Palace Hotel. But they are fully booked during that period.

2 Answers Dec 16, 2008 at 11:31 PM
    • Sun-spot's Profile Photo

Camel Safari

by Sun-spot Online Now Oct 10, 2007 at 4:07 AM

Hey everyone! I'm wondering if someone can recommend us a reputable camel safari organiser in Jaisalmer. Is it better to do 4 days rather than just 2 days? Thanx for all your help :)

Josie

3 Answers Nov 28, 2007 at 10:29 PM
    • mantru's Profile Photo

Jaiselmer on 3-6th dec

by mantru Online Now Sep 30, 2007 at 5:54 AM

Hi all if someone can help me with info on Jaiselmer ,i'll rech Jaiselmer on 3 rd morning one return to delhi on 6 th afternoon,can someone suggest places to visit must do's,i would like to try the camel safari for two days if possible ,does any one have any idea about the the cost for two days safari...what else apart frm fort and havelis?

4 Answers Oct 18, 2007 at 9:53 PM
    • all about jaisalmer

by amit_jsm Online Now May 4, 2007 at 8:09 PM

its not a question its a gateway to answer. if you haveany querry for jaisalmer here is the son of the soil .presently residing at anand but heart at jaisalmer. so any question????????

3 Answers Nov 28, 2007 at 6:17 AM
    • Jodhpur to Jaisalmer by road

by Rajji Online Now Dec 4, 2006 at 5:18 AM

I would like to take a taxi from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer and back. How much should I expect to pay and could anyone recommend a good taxi company. thanks.

• PurpleHatBrigade's Profile Photo

Is there any airline that flies to Jaisalmer?

by PurpleHatBrigade Online Now Apr 26, 2005 at 3:18 AM

I just tried to book with Jagson and have a reply that they do not fly there anymore !!!!!!!!
      I have tried the domestic Indian airline and the other big domestic player, (I can't remember the name)
      Is there a smaller operator I could try?

8 Answers Feb 28, 2006 at 10:21 AM
    • accom in jaisalmer

by dantone Online Now Jan 20, 2004 at 12:01 AM

hi everyone i;m looking for accomodation in jaisalmer in march. i'm travelling with my mother, and my wife so we need some degree of comfort- at least some ground floor accom. as my mother is quite old. some idea of prices would be good too. thanks, tony

5 Answers Feb 28, 2006 at 10:14 AM
    • Informatuion On Jaisalmer, India

by Avdhut Online Now Sep 20, 2003 at 2:48 AM

I would like to make a visit to jaisalmer in october, 2nd . PL. can some one advise me a good accomodation and Camel safari tips ...

2 Answers Sep 21, 2003 at 6:14 PM