Jaisalmer Travel Answers

change location
ghalegaun's Profile Photo

Camel Trek in Jaisalmer

by ghalegaun Online Now Nov 7, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Hi Again
I am talking with the Ganesh travel for 2 nights/3 days Camel trek in Jaisalmer, any body been with this company in past if yes, would you share your experience with me how is the this company,thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Re: Camel Trek in Jaisalmer

by MacedonianUK Online Now Nov 7, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Not with them, but I choose to go with the ppl from the RANUKA hotel, which is withing the city walls in the side street on the left.
    We had absolutely great time. Choose to sleep in our own tent, i.e the tent was only for me and my son.. Great stuff. We relay enjoyed the whole experience.. Why dont you talk to them as well and compare prices. The ppl in RANUKA has been doing the tours for 20 yrs and they are no nonsense ppl.
    I liked their approach, we stayed in their hotel, they mentioned once the organised tours, as they also have tourist agency, but that was it. I looked around and they were very good value for money, also they listen what we wanted, but also took into consideration, our abilities, and gave us right tour we didnt know we needed. Not the most expensive, but right for us.
    Many of the agencies try to sell you so many things you do not need or want.
    I am going back in January and hope to have another Thar guided tour with them..

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ghalegaun's Profile Photo

by ghalegaun Online Now Nov 7, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Thanks you very much for your suggestion.i appreciate your Suggestions.i don't know how much amount charge RENUKA HOTEL but the price which i have got from the Ganesh travel is very good and services also looks good.
    so
    Do you know, what cost they charge for the 2 nights/ 3 days Camel trek and what services they provide in that prices,
    thanks

• ghalegaun's Profile Photo

by ghalegaun Online Now Nov 7, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Thanks you very much for your suggestion.i appreciate your Suggestions.i don't know how much amount charge RENUKA HOTEL but the price which i have got from the Ganesh travel is very good and services also looks good.
    so
    Do you know, what cost they charge for the 2 nights/ 3 days Camel trek and what services they provide in that prices,
    thanks

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

by MacedonianUK Online Now Nov 7, 2011 at 12:30 PM

We were out for 2 nights and 3 days. and we paid 14 Euros per day.
    In that was included:
    Pick up by 4x4 and guided tour to the Maharajah burial site some 20km within Thar desert,than visit to couple of temples, lunch and than drop off to an arranged place where we got to the camels, than it was afternoon ride (couple of hrs) to the designated desert encampment. We got our own tent where we set up. Our tent had proper beds and was very nice and big.
    They had also special area for working showers with hot water..
    We had special meal and entertaimant, some Indian dancers, playing out Ramayana..
    All the food, bottled water, everything we needed was included in the price.
    Next day we has sunrise ride on the camels over the wast dunes... Breakfast and than we had 4x4 dune ride, lunch in a little village deep in the desert. Visited some interesting ruins and again camels ride at sunset with some desert nomads showing up and dancing for us.. Back at the camp, dinner entertaimant & bed..
    Next day breakfast, who wanted to take photo opportunity at sunrise, than 4x4 ride to an nice village and interesting old temple, Lunch at the temple, and ride back in the late afternoon..
    We all together for 3 ppl paid 78 euros and it was worth it! My son really enjoyed the experience and it was nice to meet many ppl from around the world around the camp fire. There was one older gentleman (Indian) who come on this safari with his grandson who was born in US and this old guy was telling us stories from the Indian mythology and I actually underestanded & learned a lot about Hinduism.. Fascinating country and ppl!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines