Jaisalmer Travel Answers

change location
mantru's Profile Photo

Jaiselmer on 3-6th dec

by mantru Online Now Sep 30, 2007 at 5:54 AM

Hi all if someone can help me with info on Jaiselmer ,i'll rech Jaiselmer on 3 rd morning one return to delhi on 6 th afternoon,can someone suggest places to visit must do's,i would like to try the camel safari for two days if possible ,does any one have any idea about the the cost for two days safari...what else apart frm fort and havelis?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • mickybleck's Profile Photo

Re: Jaiselmer on 3-6th dec

by mickybleck Online Now Oct 2, 2007 at 12:35 AM

I payed about 600 rupees for a 2-day-safari. Desert Haveli is a nice place to stay and they also offer tours (that you do not have to take to stay there as in other places). It is located inside the fort. Be warned of the huge amount of people who will wait for you upon arrival to get you to take their hostel/tour.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Jaiselmer on 3-6th dec

by ottorickshah Online Now Oct 2, 2007 at 2:58 PM

Consider staying outside the fort. Visitors' need for lots of water is apparently hastening the sinking of the fort. I can recommend the Shahi Palace. They are close to the fort and they will pick you up at the train station. (Do not underestimate this service) The hospitality is good, as is the food in the rooftop restaurant. They have a good rep for arranging camel safaris. I did not go on one with them, and at no time was I pressured to do so. This is not always the case in some of the hotels. Enjoy Rajasthan. Enjoy the colours!

• Re: Jaiselmer on 3-6th dec

by Indiandream Online Now Oct 6, 2007 at 3:08 AM

Hi ! the camel safari is a very good idea, but make sure you will seleep on a tent. After 2 hours ride we got to the middle of the desert and no tents were awaiting for us. We slept under the stars ... very romantic.. but it wasn´t exactly what we expected. We only spent 1 night... enough for an experience. I don´t remember the cost, too many years..
    You must go to the Fort, it´s incredible, it´s one of the best places i remember from my trip in India.

• shoma's Profile Photo

Re: Jaiselmer on 3-6th dec

by shoma Online Now Oct 18, 2007 at 9:53 PM

hello mantrana,

dont forget to spend a night at the sam or khuri dunes and listen to the singers at night. its an experience not to be missed.

a long camel safari can give u a horrible back ache so try to get down from the camel often and mix with the locals. one day safari costs about 2000 rs per person including food and night stay and that was 2 yrs back. hotels arrange these trips and better to go in a group rather than alone.

hapy travels

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines