Jaipur Travel Answers

change location

Delhi to Jaipur

by joanne3110 Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Does anyone know how I go about arranging a train from Delhi to Jaipur. Is this something I can do in advance or only once I am arrived in Delhi?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Re: Delhi to Jaipur

by thepits Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 2:32 PM

We travelled the 'Golden Triangle' with Ranthambore and Varanasi thrown in by train last Easter. We booked all our tickets through cleartrip which was very easy to do. I understand that now you have to have an Indian credit card to pay for tickets which luckily we didn't need to do. If you look on the internet for a site called 'the man in seat 61' you will find all the up to date info you need and advice on booking your tickets. (Scroll down the left hand side to find trains in Asia)

Happy to answer any questions on travelling on the trains.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • SubrahmanyamK's Profile Photo

Re: Delhi to Jaipur

by SubrahmanyamK Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM

There are many trains. Shatabdi train is faster. Better books tickets in advance.

Or u can go by bus too (which will take about 4 to 5 hours).

U can think of taxi too, which will be expensive [for rates u can check on websites).

• Re: Delhi to Jaipur

by Borisborough Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I agree with thepits - we did it using cleartrip - dead easy!

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo

by y2ketan2007 Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 5:53 AM

There are many trains from Delhi to Jaipur.You could book your ticket with the help of any ticketing agent on your arrival to Delhi.You must however book it atleast one day in advance.Online booking is not permitted for journeys for the same day. You may also book your ticket at the railway station booking counter.You have the chice of airconditioned chair car , airconditioned sleeper first or second class , ordinary chair car and ordinary sleeper class.During peak tourist season there may be some difficulty in getting a confirmed booking of your choice.

• bekahl's Profile Photo

by bekahl Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I'm really struggling to register with the Indian Rail website as it asks for a 10 digit mobile number but British ones are 11 digits so it won't send me my activation code. I will be travelling in the first week of July around the Golden Triangle by train. Does anyone know if it will be ok to book the trains once in Delhi or will I struggle to find available seats? We arrive on 2nd and want to travel to Jaipur on the 4th

• SubrahmanyamK's Profile Photo

by SubrahmanyamK Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 8:16 PM

For foreigners, it will be difficult to use. However, they may contact Indian Railways who could provide some help.
    Otherwise, please depend upon your friends in India; or make use other websites such as cleartrip.com, and makemytrip.com who can assist the foreigners.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines