Jacó

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transport Manuel Antonio

by carmenkey Online Now Nov 6, 2013 at 8:55 AM

What is the best way to get from Manuel Antonio to San Jose. My flight leaves San Jose at 7am and ideally I'd like to leave Manuel Antonio around midnight/ early hours of the morning so I can spend the day there and go straight to the airport. Could I get a taxi or private driver or will I have to leave earlier in the day and spend a night in San Jose

4 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 11:32 PM
    • solo female in jaco

by carmenkey Online Now Nov 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Is it safe for a solo female to go out to a nightclub in jaco?

7 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 9:35 AM
    • grocery shoppng

by 24Diamond Online Now Oct 24, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Are foods and brands that we find in Canada in the US available in Costa Rica....items such as nice breads, cream for coffee, decent beef and chicken? And are prices less or more than in Canada?

2 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 7:44 AM
    • sbuszko's Profile Photo

airport to jaco

by sbuszko Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM

is there direct local bus from airport to Jaco

1 Answer Sep 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    • Transportation

by Costaricabound3 Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Is transancho a good, reliable tour company for airport transfer and local tours? Flying into San Jose need to go to Jaco.

6 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    • nightlife in Jaco

by Mi_Own_Spice Online Now Apr 5, 2011 at 3:09 PM

I will be in Jaco towards the end of May. I would like to celebrate my friend's birthday in a special place. Are there any suggestions for 3 dark skinned Mexicans and an ADULT THEMED vacation?

1 Answer Feb 13, 2014 at 4:34 PM
    • andrewmcleod's Profile Photo

Couple travelling to Jaco

by andrewmcleod Online Now Nov 3, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Hi There,
      My girlfriend and I are surfers heading to CR for a month. We are planning on heading from SJO to Jaco then Jaco to Malpais and then doing the volcanos and things. I am looking for the cheapest way to get around because we are on a serious budget. Also, I have been told that it might be a good idea to just buy a board there and avoid airline charges.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions on hostels, buses etc. My e-mail is sales@rovemag.com, I would love any help I can get!

• Where is Club del Cielo

by jcsayre Online Now May 29, 2010 at 7:33 AM

I cannot find Club del Cielo on a map. We will be visiting in early July and I am trying to find where we will be. The directions from google, and everything else that I have found are a bit difficult to interpret.

2 Answers Jun 17, 2010 at 2:36 PM
    • Chica Friendly Hotels?

by astromax Online Now Nov 20, 2009 at 4:48 AM

How do you handle the hotels? Do you tell them up front that there will be a relaxation therapist joining you? Is there a house fee for a house call etc

1 Answer Nov 20, 2009 at 6:00 AM
    • Friendly Hotels

by crtraveler77 Online Now Apr 22, 2009 at 11:38 AM

I will be traveling to Jaco soon. Does anyone know which hotels are decent and especially who allow men to bring their dates from the Beatle Bar back to their rooms without harassment?

Thank you,

Happy Traveler

1 Answer Apr 30, 2010 at 5:39 PM
    • School of the World; legit?

by sdwelch Online Now Feb 12, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I have been looking into studying abroad this summer and came across the School of the World website. The website is nice, but I can't really find any reviews on the school. Just wondering if anyone has heard of it or attended classes there? Or even if anyone has any other suggestions of places in South America to study. I appreciate your help!

1 Answer Mar 4, 2009 at 9:57 AM
    • Will be in Jaco Feb1-April31 2009

by jarrettmp Online Now Jan 17, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Hi all I will be in Jaco for 3 months from Feb1-April31 2009. I am coming by myself. Would love to meet up with some people vacationing or living there for some drinks, get to know the area, etc. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up. My email is jarrettmp@gmail.com

2 Answers Feb 4, 2009 at 7:55 AM
    • Bus from San Jose to Jaco and hotel?

by joysmucker Online Now Sep 14, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Hi We arrive at the airport @ noon and want to get to Jaco. Where is the best place to catch a bus if there is one? And anyone know any inexpensive places to stay in Jaco for the night? We are catching the fast boat to Montezuma the next day at 10:30 a.m. at Herradura beach.

Also we will be in San Jose 12/30 and 12/31; we leave on 1/1/09. Any suggestions on fun places to stay for a few days and new years eve in San Jose?

Thanks
      Joy

4 Answers Oct 2, 2008 at 12:25 AM
    • Jasonconga's Profile Photo

San Jose airport to Jaco

by Jasonconga Online Now Jul 28, 2008 at 9:43 PM

hey guys,
      we have a reservation at the Los Suenos Marriot near Jaco City. We arrive August 1st at 10am at San Jose airport and want to get there right away. What are the best public transportation possibilities? Do we have to go into san jose city first? When the airport bus brings us to the center, where do we find the bus to Jaco from there?

thanks!

4 Answers Jun 17, 2010 at 2:31 PM
    • MrColumbus's Profile Photo

2 best friends staying at the Best Western Jaco Beach Mar 16/18 If you want to hang out email

by MrColumbus Online Now Mar 9, 2008 at 8:12 PM

The picture says it all. We are nuts love to dress in ridiculous costumes (or are they costumes?) and love to meet people that are good mates. (Think Australian) We will be surfing, zip lining, horsey riding, rafting and stuffing our face.. Oh yeah, drinking blended girlie drinks, and mingling with people on unfamilar territory. If you are a fun guy or girl or a group email us. We'd love to meet up.
      Cameron

• Single female traveling to Costa Rica Tips

by happygreenbug Online Now Jan 21, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Hi I'm going to Costa Rica for 10days. 3days in Jaco, 6 in Santa Teresa, and 1 day in San Jose. Any advice or tips would be helpful. Bar, nitelife, saftey, sights. Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 21, 2008 at 7:50 AM
    • waltinsocal's Profile Photo

Jaco to Turrialba

by waltinsocal Online Now Dec 13, 2007 at 9:43 AM

Sorry, but I accidently posted this in the general Costa Rica forum, and wanted it here instead. Anyway, I will be in Jaco without a car, and want to get to Turrialba. Is there bus service directly to Turrialba from Jaco, or must I first return to San Jose and then catch a bus to Turrialba. Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Dec 19, 2007 at 7:00 AM
    • cafe del mar

by matthewsomeday Online Now Mar 13, 2007 at 6:46 PM

Right across the street from the Beetle Bar on the corner next to a hotel is a little place that I believe was called Cafe Del Mar or something like it. I liked it very much and remember a young girl by the name of Margarite who works there, at least within a month ago when I was there. She booked a local canopy tour for me (within ten minutes of Jaco) and if you have the number of that cafe, I'd love to ask her that exact name of that tour, since I'd befriended the driver Jorge Alpizar, from Orotino, and his phone no longer seems to be working. I'm concerned for him and would like to see him again on my next trip soon. Margarite surely would remember him and may be able to find him or give him a message. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. email roym@somedaymusical.com. Many thanks (954)429-3217 Roy Morano, 1552 SW 21st Terrace, Deerfield Beach, Florida 33442.

3 Answers Jun 1, 2008 at 5:19 PM
    • travelinman12's Profile Photo

motorcycles rentals in Jaco

by travelinman12 Online Now Dec 17, 2006 at 11:09 PM

Im going to be in Jaco from the 20th of Dec thru the 27th /06... ive been to cr several times over the past 10 years guided adventure tours ... now id like go around for my own day trips with some thing a bit bigger than a moped.... maybe a 125cc to a 250cc would be great....
      im leaving soon so I look forward to any suggestions anyone has....
      whats the weather like there now do i need jeans or a lite weight wet weather parka?
      Thanks
      Kip

2 Answers Mar 20, 2009 at 10:29 PM
    • mattycil's Profile Photo

Jaco to Arenal, other trips,beer?

by mattycil Online Now Sep 7, 2006 at 2:43 AM

My girlfriend and i will be travelling to jaco over new year and are keen to head to arenal sometime during our stay,
      Is it hard to get to?
      How long will it take to get there?
      how much will it cost?
      and how long should we stay there 4?
      Does anyone have any tips on other places to go and places 2 see while we are over there. We fly in on december 27 and fly out 5th.
      Also wat is the local beer like? :)

thanx alot

4 Answers Sep 24, 2006 at 8:57 AM
    • mattycil's Profile Photo

Jaco to Arenal, other trips,beer?

by mattycil Online Now Sep 6, 2006 at 10:52 PM

My girlfriend and i will be travelling to jaco over new year and are keen to head to arenal sometime during our stay,
      Is it hard to get to?
      How long will it take to get there?
      how much will it cost?
      and how long should we stay there 4?
      Does anyone have any tips on other places to go and places 2 see while we are over there. We fly in on december 27 and fly out 5th.
      Also wat is the local beer like? :)

thanx alot

2 Answers Sep 15, 2006 at 2:45 PM
    • Activities in/around Jaco

by ellen1121 Online Now Jan 31, 2006 at 1:08 PM

I am travelling to Jaco in April with my 3 teenagers. I would appreciate any recommendations for Canopy Tour companies, and other activites that we should not miss. Has anybody used Chiclets Canopy Tours? They seem to be closest to Jaco. What about volcano tourrs, alligator sightings, hot springs, etc...Thank you so much for your responses!!!

2 Answers Mar 20, 2009 at 10:32 PM
    • Purhasing Surfboards in Jaco or Costa Rica in general.

by cheenzine Online Now Jul 22, 2005 at 9:40 AM

How are the shops and board selections around Jaco. I am traveling with 2 shortboards but am looking to buy board for riding big waves. The selection in my local surfshops is pretty slim for big wave boards. Looking for something high performance 6'5" pintail, from one of the more reputable surf companies like channel islands, rusty or maybe a good local build used or new.

2 Answers Jul 26, 2005 at 1:16 PM
    • Driving to Santa Catalina Panama from Costa Rica

by cheenzine Online Now Jul 22, 2005 at 9:34 AM

I am going on a 2 week surf trip to Costa rica. We plan to spend most of our time in the south around Pavones. I have heard so much about the waves in santa catalina Panama and am wondering if its feasable to drive there in the time I have, and how long it would take.

Thanks

2 Answers Oct 7, 2007 at 12:53 PM
    • denckman's Profile Photo

Thaaaaaaaaaanks duuuuuuuuude

by denckman Online Now Jun 22, 2005 at 5:52 PM

Hey guys thanks for all the tips Manuel Antonio was amazing and i am currently in Jaco. Your advice went to some good use. Pura Vida!

1 Answer Jul 12, 2005 at 2:54 AM
    • denckman's Profile Photo

counter culture query

by denckman Online Now Jun 4, 2005 at 7:17 PM

I am not a drug baron, so anyone reading this don't freak. I was wondering about the herb situation in Costa Rica especially Jaco. Im wondering if it would be accessable as well as acceptable to toke just a little herb in the area (being very unobtrusive of course)perhaps someone knows a litte about availablity, quality, and prices.One Love

7 Answers Jun 19, 2005 at 12:25 PM
    • finding work in Jaco

by acarvalho Online Now Jan 5, 2005 at 9:23 AM

I am considering moving to from the States to Jaco for several months. What are the chances of me finding work? How much money should I expect to save before moving there and living a modest life for 3 months? Also, how cheap/expensive is it to fly into South America (Peru) from Costa Rica?

3 Answers Jul 10, 2005 at 12:36 PM
    • APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN JACO?

by misslisa Online Now Dec 6, 2004 at 7:18 PM

Hello Everyone! I am planning to move to Jaco this month and need some advice on where to find a cheap apartment or room to rent for a couple of months. I have searched the net but come up with nothing! Any help or advice you could offer would be great!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! Lisa

2 Answers Jul 10, 2005 at 12:33 PM
    • Staying in Jaco, Dec 29th - Jan 1st

by WhereGo Online Now Dec 4, 2004 at 10:11 AM

Hi Folks, I am looking for accomidations in Jaco, CR for the dates of Dec. 29th to Jan. 1st. I would be willing to take anything, including a decent campground. Eveything in the "travel guides" is full and I was wondering if anyone knew places that were "off the beaten track" or new. Also, I have been unable to get a working number for any camp sites. Does anyone have any info? Many Thanks, Doug

• Suzanne123's Profile Photo

Safety

by Suzanne123 Online Now Nov 17, 2004 at 6:47 PM

Hello Vters. I'm curious about this town and have many questions. Help me out if you can. Is it safe for two women to cycle around the area? Are the bikes likely to get stolen even when locked? What about the drinking water... is the tap water alright and must we worry about ice cubes in the drinks? Should we carry only bottled water at all times? How does one go about securing a sailing trip once there? Can one approach a local business on the beach, or ought I go to Quepos instead. I'm contemplating taking the bus from the Coca Cola bus station in San Jose. Is that too risky? Would the bus allow a bicycle...probably not cause it would be packed, right? Thanks for the assistance.

4 Answers Jan 4, 2005 at 6:36 PM