change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kid activities

Vero Beach Mar 24, 2014 at 1:37 PM

march31-april 6
      I'm looking for activities to share w/my 7r. old grandson & 5 yr. old granddaughter
      while they're here in vero beach, FL

more
    • Boat renting and lodging

Everglades National Park 2 hours ago

Hi,

Can anyone point out where can I rent canoe/kayaks preferably inside the everglades park? Also suggest any lodges, cabins near the east entrance of the park?

Thanks

more
    • Panama City Beaches vs Siesta Key Beaches

Florida Apr 21, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Hi, thanks for reading. Researching possible vacation spots for a June 2015 Family vacation...wife 2 girls (6,8). Want to stay somewhere on The Florida gulf coast. Already been to Destin and Clearwater. Looking into Panama City or Siesta Key...i hear great things about the two, but have some concerns. Are the Panama beaches rundown with run down hotels due to the spring break crowd? Will my family find enough to do at Siesta Keys? Looking for opinions from folks that have been to both beaches...which one would you choose?

more
    • Place to stay

Destin Apr 20, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Where is the best to stay next to the beach that is within walking distance to attractions and that will not cost you an arm and a leg I am not the 30 story condo type of person but I do like Suites also what is the water like is the water clear or dirty looking. I appreciate any help Thanks in advance.

more
    • what to do

Port Saint Joe Mar 30, 2014 at 3:25 PM

what is there to do for a 5 and 9 year old in port saint joe and nearby

more
    • Mosquitoes at Merritt Island?

Titusville Mar 29, 2014 at 1:10 PM

We want to visit Merritt Island on April 14. The last time we were there, there were so many mosquitoes! Are they very active when we plan to be there?

more
    • pet friendly accomodations

Venice Mar 29, 2014 at 7:17 AM

where to stay/rent in venice, fla for 50+active couple and small dog?

more
    • Looking for a Latin/Salsa Venue in the Keys to go to for a little dancing, while visiting.

Key West Mar 27, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Is there a place for the latino/spanish visitor to go to and listen to some Salsa Music?

more
    • how far please?

Kissimmee Apr 13, 2014 at 2:25 PM

How far is old town kissimmee from Lindfield ? miles and minutes driving please?

more
    • Kristineherd@yahoo.com

Islamorada Apr 3, 2014 at 10:58 AM

what are some fun things to do in Islamorada with a 5 and 7 year old?

more
    • cheapest hotel but still rated well

Daytona Beach Mar 28, 2014 at 10:19 AM

what is the closest hotel to the beach but also that is rated well but still cheap?

more
    • transportation between Carnival Cruise and Ft. Myers Airport

Florida Mar 26, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Is there public transportation between the Carnival Cruise line in Tampa and Ft Myers Airport?

more
    • traveller inquiry

Cocoa Beach Mar 25, 2014 at 6:21 AM

how do we travel cocoabeach back to orlando airport and how long does it take

more
    • SusanE33's Profile Photo

Spring break with active family with teenages

Naples Mar 24, 2014 at 5:12 AM

I am already starting to think about our trip next year, as I buy airfare as soon as it is available. My family loves warm weather, beach, hiking, exploring nature, and being active. Would Naples for a few days be a good fit? Thinking we would fly to the Keys for 2 nights, then drive to Naples for the rest of the week and fly home from Fort Meyers. We have never explored this part of Florida. Any thoughts?

more
    • zb007's Profile Photo

Transportation

Palm Beach Apr 21, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I'll get to the West Palm Beach airport and want to go to 4856 181 Ocean Ave
      Palm Beach Shores, FL33404 what better way to get there?
      I'll be here seven days but would like to visit Miami for 1 day
      Fort Lauderdale the other day that will be worth someday?
      How can I move to these places?
      Something that advise me to visit more?
      thank you

more
    • Employment?

Saint Augustine Apr 10, 2014 at 9:30 PM

What kind of work is there? Tourism...., or caregiving for seniors....
      Is it safe? How much wild weather is there?

more
    • Sanibel Island versus Destin

Sanibel Island Apr 7, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Hi - this is our first time in this part of FL...can you recommend a beach for a family that the kiddos can enjoy both sand and water?

more
    • SamyValy's Profile Photo

Can you help me to plan a perfect day in Fort Lauderdale?

Fort Lauderdale Apr 1, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I'm touring Florida from May24 to June6 and I might be in the city on the 28 or 29 of May.
      Thank you so much for all of your tips!
      Sam

more
    • Places to stay

Florida Keys Mar 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Hello...We are taking our holiday in May, and after spending the first two nights in Miami's South Beach area, we're heading to the Keys. We want to see as much as possible in 2-3 days before travelling on. Could you please recommend a good area to stay and also any recommendations for hotels / motels to stay.

Thanks in advance for your help.

more
    • 3 bedroom suite Disney surroundings

Orlando Apr 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Hi there,

I'm looking for a 3 bedroom suite in the surroundings of Disney. So far I found Grand Beach and Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa. The stay will be 3 weeks so I want to make sure I have the right hotel for this period.

Are these the only options in the Lake Buena Viste area?
      There will be 4 adults and 2 kids for this stay.

Thank you all for the answers!

more
    • Where to stay? Travelling in May - 2 single girls and a couple

Miami Mar 27, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Hi! I'm planning a 2 night -3 day trip between May 2 - May 4 to Miami. I am looking for a fun area to stay (I guess near South Beach?) and a place that works for 4 people - 2 rooms or an apt with 2 rooms - reasonably priced - ideally 150$ a night per room. What do you recommend? Also, what should we do for that weekend - love partying, but not long lines:) , all kinds of food etc. Thanks in advance!:)

more
    • Cab service question

Fort Pierce Apr 7, 2014 at 12:35 PM

What would you say would be the best cab service to go with? Never actually been to here this part of Florida so not familiar with what cabs are there and which gives a reasonable price for lets say a 7 mile drive.

more
    • Any bus/train transportation I can take for a travel like this? urgent please help asap

West Palm Beach Apr 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Hi I'm trying to figure out a way to travel from West Palm Beach FL to Fort Pierce by some kind of bus/train transportation. I just want to know if anyone can help me out with finding an affordable way to travel this. Anything cheaper than Greyhound because honestly $24 each way is just too much when I have not much money on me. I need to get there to take a placement test for a College I plan on attending over there and it already costs me $10 to just take the test so you can see I'm spending a great deal of money that I don't really have to spend like that.

more
    • transportation from orlando to temple terrace

Orlando Apr 3, 2014 at 9:32 PM

hi I have a conference in Orlando,my hotel is there but I have a test at prometric test center,11201 N. 56TH ST,SUITE B,TEMPLE TERRACE ,FL33617.
      any advice how to reach this test center from Orlando, bus ,train,plain ?on budget please in details this is first visit to this area
      thank u

more
    • entertaining a 3 yr old

Orlando Mar 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM

We are going to be traveling to Orlando in August. Grandma needs things to entertain a 3 yr old while Mommy is in meetings. Not interested in the theme parks need simple things.

more
    • student is going to work at G.E

by George12345 Online Now Mar 10, 2014 at 10:30 AM

my son is going to work at G.E for 10 weeks.. Where would be a safe place to stay ? Thanks

2 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 6:36 PM
    • A Trip with my 80 year old Grandma

by MissDeb Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Just taking my Grandma around Florida. I would like to know where in Jacksonville is the best place to take her she is in a wheel chair so it has to be handicap friendly. Please help want to get her out she just moved here from Texas want to show her a great time.

1 Answer Mar 5, 2014 at 3:13 AM
    • Taking a 3 day vacation there in the coming days.

by traveler86 Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I'm from a small town so I'm getting a bit nervous about Jacksonville. I have a 3 year old as well and I'm wanting to find a motel or something that is cheap but rather nice that's close to the zoo and the beach. I don't wanna have to worry about something horrible happening so if you got any ideas please share them!?

2 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 7:30 AM
    • Whats to do in downtown?

by Nelson912 Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 12:22 PM

I'm planning on going to Dave and Busters on the 14th with my wife. And we will probably leave there by 10 or 11. My question is what is there to do in downtown that late of the night?

1 Answer Jan 30, 2014 at 1:55 PM
    • Car rental

by sjace Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I am travelling to Jacksonville in February and was wondering if any one knew any car companies that rent to someone of the age 19. What car companies can you suggest?

5 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    • woodhollow apartment area safety

by ORMClaurie Online Now Sep 29, 2013 at 6:23 AM

My 20 year old daughter is probably going to move to Jacksonville from Orlando and wants to go to school there. She and her cousin will be renting an apartment and are considering Woodhollow. I just read some reviews on the area and am concerned, like any normal mom, about her safety. I lived near St. Vincent's Hospital in the late 80's and didn't worry much. Any advice on best places for 20 year old women to live on the far east side of town? Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • south side

by lgoogs009 Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM

My family and I are relocating to Jacksonville from Tallahassee florida. We are going to rent in the south side of town. After reading so many bad things about Jacksonville I am very weary I have five sons, 11,9,4,3,and 1. I have always been very protective of my children and now and afraid of even taking the relocation opportunity. Is the south side of Jacksonville just as bad. we will be located around the 5800 block of university blvd. I am hoping we are making a good choice. Thank you L. Google Tlh, fl

5 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM
    • Are the hotels in a safe area just west of 295 on I-10 outside of Jacksonville

by kvan321 Online Now Jul 19, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I was just wondering if the hotels just west of 295 on I-10 outside of Jacksonville, FL in a safe area? Thank you!!!

2 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    • to go or not to go, that is my question

by nyc224 Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM

My husband and I plan on relocating and are considering Jacksonville FL. I've heard Jacksonville has one of the highest crime rates in Fl and now I'm not too sure on what to do and if we decide to relocate then where in Jacksonville do we go?

Any ideas? Anyone?

5 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    • biking from beach to beach

by kelbean Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 10:14 PM

looking to visit Jacksonville beaches, but don't have a car..plan on renting a bike..good idea?

2 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 6:36 AM
    • smoke free bars

by rosepedal51 Online Now May 30, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Where can find a smoke free bar I can not handle the smokey atmosphere

2 Answers May 30, 2013 at 4:27 PM
    • How to get from the Amtrak Station to the airport?

by ula13 Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM

There are 6 of us, with two agile seniors, who want to go the airport from the station at 7 am.

1 Answer Feb 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM
    • Should I be afraid to move to jacksonville, florida?

by xostephhx3 Online Now Aug 29, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I've lived in kentucky all of my life, and am suppose to be moving to jacksonville, fl in september. I've looked online for apartments, and read stuff about the city, and i've been really excited, untill some of the stuff i found online tonight about the weather there, danger,fatalities,murder,violence,etc. now, im terrified im either gonna die in a car wreck,get robbed,rapped,my home be destroyed by a hurricane or tornado,etc. i need advice from someone who has been living in jacksonville please.

5 Answers Oct 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM
    • jacksonville florida.

by jwanhorton Online Now Feb 26, 2012 at 4:28 PM

im moving to jacksonville from minnesota in april with my dad, im 19 years old, and i want to know as must as possible about jacksonville, for one what are the bad areas and good areas i heard the northside is really dangerous, and a job is going to be the most important thing, are there an good jobs or any jobs hirig period? are there alot of jobs hiring, i need to know everything you guys know about jacksonville thanks.

4 Answers Oct 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM
    • How to get to Port Canaveral

by patsychom Online Now Dec 23, 2011 at 10:39 AM

I will be in Jacksonville next month for business and need to get to Port Canaveral to board a cruise. I do not want to rent a car or drive myself so I am looking for other options. I have extra time so can go to Orlando then Port Canaveral if necessary. I can't seem to find anything on search engines so hope some locals can advise me better. Thanks!

5 Answers Jan 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM
    • bus route

by akgkgp Online Now Sep 19, 2011 at 8:50 AM

I am staying at unit no 4201 point meadows dr. which is the nearest bus stop?

1 Answer Sep 19, 2011 at 12:16 PM
    • Vantage point

by lgonzalez12 Online Now May 11, 2011 at 6:36 PM

I'm going to be in Jacksonville in a few weeks. Are there any good vantage points I can go to so i can get some good pictures of downtown?

1 Answer Sep 19, 2011 at 12:22 PM
    • best neighborhoods?

by missautumn Online Now Mar 3, 2011 at 9:05 PM

I'm a 30 year old single mom with a 10 year old child from New Hampshire lookinto move to Jacksonville and I'd like to which areas and neighborhoods are best. Not the fanciest but but nothing too slummy either.

4 Answers Oct 15, 2012 at 4:08 PM
    • Restaurants and things to do in Jacksonville in Dec.

by sandyboyles Online Now Dec 7, 2010 at 2:56 PM

I will be in Jacksonville New Year's Eve and for a few days in January for the Gator Bowl - Go MSU dogs! I'd like some good restaurant recommendations. We are staying in Deerpark area at the Hotel Indigo. Also, any suggestions for winter activities. Will there be free concerts or fireworks anywhere for the New Year's Eve?

1 Answer Dec 7, 2010 at 3:47 PM
    • Need a ride to Jacksonville

by wanda1941 Online Now Jul 31, 2010 at 6:29 AM

I need a ride to the Amtrak station in Jacksonville Fla. I live in south Ga. Is there a Shuttle that I can get from Tifton Ga. to Amtrak train station in Jacksonville Fla. ? Thank you Wanda

3 Answers Jul 31, 2010 at 10:55 AM
    • Shuttle Service

by peanut835 Online Now Jul 31, 2010 at 3:08 AM

I live just out side of Tifton Ga. I need a ride to get from Tifton Ga. to Amtrak in Jacksonville Fla. I can't find a suttle service to get me to the Amtrak Station, to get catch my train at 11:00 P.M. leaving Jacksonville Fla. Is there a service you know that might be able to pick me up. I am a Senior and I am needing help. Thank you Wanda

1 Answer Jul 31, 2010 at 6:58 AM
    • Sailing, Boating, Fishing, and Parasailing

by belleffh Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Any specific recommendations on where to go and who to visit for these adventures? Don't want to get caught in a tourist trap. It would be great if they were not the run of the mill operation, yet still reputable and professional. Thanks in advance.
      Belleffh

• princessofnot's Profile Photo

December Visit

by princessofnot Online Now May 5, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Will be visiting Jacksonville in December of this year and would love to attend an NFL game while there. Any helpful hints on the best way to obtain tickets would be most appreciated. Also how is your public transportation ?

7 Answers May 12, 2010 at 11:33 AM
    • transportation

by batman31401 Online Now Apr 25, 2010 at 5:52 AM

please advise public transportation availability from Jax Amtrak station to Jax Airoprt .
      Thank you

1 Answer Apr 25, 2010 at 12:00 PM
    • St. Johns River Ferry

by lacrux Online Now Apr 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I was wondering if motorcycles are allowed on the ferry and if so how much does it cost?

2 Answers Apr 1, 2010 at 8:01 PM
    • Rental Cars near Amtrak Station

by auntpippi Online Now Mar 23, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Are there any rental car agencies near the Amtrak station? If so could you give me the names?

• Intracoastal VS. The River as a place to call home for the boat... HELP!

by jdanowski Online Now Nov 10, 2009 at 6:47 AM

My wife and I are planning a move to Florida and I am getting all the input I can about boating on the river vs. on the intracoastal.
      Being that we are moving from the North East, and have enjoyed the surroundings of Narragansett Bay and destinations from Cape Cod down to Long Island, NY, we are wondering if there is a match for us down in Florida.
      Our boat is a 38' Cruisers Yachts, aft cabin w/ fly bridge and 16 ft. bridge clearance.
      We are looking for a house in between Jacksonville and St. Augustine. ( My Wife loves the Conch House Marina.)
      Our boating style is as follows:
      I'd rather be close to my boat and further from work. We currantly live 5 min. from our boat.
      Many days we go there after work just to sit and enjoy the view and have dinner.
      Sometimes we go for a sunset cruise on a week day evening. Short cruises in our area are easy due to all the close places to grab a hook in a cove and relax. If you Google Maps "warwick cove, RI" you will see where we are.
      Occasionaly we go for a cruise to nowhere just putting along. A place to anchor at the far end of such a cruise is always nice too.
      Now... a place to set hook is important because no one likes being bounced around by current, waves or the passing idiot who can't slow down. Quiet, calm, tranquil places with flat water and low wind are high on the list and pretty easily obtainable in our area.
      We seek the same in our week end journeys, just further in distance.
      I realize that the great distance between the intracoastal North end at the river to the lower area of St. Augustine is probably a day trip to go from one end and back. ( is that a good estimate?)
      I also realize that the same applies to the river North near Mill Cove, to the river Southern near Mandarin and Fruit Cove.
      We also like to swim off the boat a lot and don't want to worry about what may be in the water with us :)
      We obviously have to pick a marina or waterfront home on the river or on the intracoastal... we can't have both.
      Any information you can offer or opinions are greatly welcomed and appreciated.
      We're gathering info from as many sources as possible to make our final decision.

• Ramona Blvd.

by NaNa3plus4 Online Now Nov 2, 2009 at 7:39 PM

My husband and I will be visiting Florida and we are thinking of staying at the new Sleep Inn and Suites on Ramona Blvd. one night and going to the Market Place Flea Market on Ramona Blvd. Could you please tell me if this is a safe area? Or is the Comfort Inn on Airport Road in a safer area? Thank you so much for your input.

3 Answers Nov 17, 2009 at 9:26 PM
    • "Swim with Dolphins" near Jacksonville

by Hupper Online Now Aug 22, 2009 at 5:24 AM

Hello

We will spend few days in Jacksonville in October before going on a cruise. We were wondering if there is a place near Jacksonville where our kids can watch or ideally swim with dolphins. Can you help ? Thanks

1 Answer Aug 22, 2009 at 6:53 AM
    • Whale Watching Charter Boats

by ndmartin Online Now Aug 18, 2009 at 5:49 PM

I work w/ au pairs (young adults who come from different countries to live w/ a family and take care of the children) and would like to know if anyone knows of a place to charter a boat to go out and see the whales? My group is relatively small as is the amount of money we can afford, but these girls are very interested in doing this and I would hate to disappoint.