Jackson

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• first time visitor

by tbone29 Online Now Yesterday

I am coming to Jackson Hole in May 2014 not into activities as much but want to take in the scenery and the parks and Jackson. Will have a rental car. My question is where to stay in town at one place the whole trip or split up and stay at 2 different hotels places. Also what to bring to wear at this time of the year? (middle of May) My husband and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and want this to be a very special memorable trip. We are in our late 50's. Thanks for the help.

more
    • first time visitor

by tbone29 Online Now Yesterday

I am coming to Jackson Hole in May 2014 not into activities as much but want to take in the scenery and the parks and Jackson. Will have a rental car. My question is where to stay in town at one place the whole trip or split up and stay at 2 different hotels places. Also what to bring to wear at this time of the year? (middle of May) My husband and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and want this to be a very special memorable trip. We are in our late 50's. Thanks for the help.

1 Answer Yesterday
    • mjmaniezzo's Profile Photo

Skiing in February

by mjmaniezzo Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Considering a day trip to Yellowstone any suggestions or comments?

Also where is the cheapest place to rent demo skiis?

Thanks

2 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 2:38 PM
    • kabuka's Profile Photo

Travelling in April

by kabuka Online Now Dec 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Where can we drive from Jackson in April? Or are there any nature tours in April? Thank you

3 Answers Dec 20, 2013 at 5:33 PM
    • School Tour of Jackson

by Reclusetravelers Online Now Nov 12, 2013 at 8:21 AM

We are inquiring about various places to bring our small school of 26 students, K-7 grades, on an end of the year trip. One of the places we are interested in is Jackson. Are there hotels that are reasonably prices with a pool, etc for the kids to enjoy in the evenings? Also, what would you suggest as places to take them that are educational during the a 2 day tour?

6 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Grand Tetons and Yellowstone Itinerary

by roamer61 Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I am planning a trip next August (2014) and would like to do both parks. I don't drive, so have to rely on tours. I'll be flying into Jackson. What is the best way to go about this?

35 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

How to spend a day in Jackson/Grand Teton Nat'l Park?

by swdke Online Now Jun 25, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Will have a day to spend in Grand Teton Nationl Park and Jackson, and looking for how to spend the day. On this same day, I also want to take the Jackson Tram. I do plan to do a scenic rafting trip on the Snake River in GTNP, but that's not till the next day, and after, going on up to Yellowstone. So, on my day in Jackson and GTNP, what's a good way to spend the day, what to see, do, no miss? Thanks!

4 Answers Jun 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Million Dollar Cowboy Bar and The Rancher Question

by swdke Online Now Jun 23, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Does the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar have a cover charge?

Is The Rancher bar still in business? Cover charge?

Thanks

2 Answers Jun 23, 2012 at 11:46 PM
    • Places to eat and things to do in Jackson

by howie60 Online Now Jun 5, 2012 at 8:30 AM

We will be there for 3 days after going through Yellowstone. Where are some good places to eat on the way down and in Jackson. Besides horse riding, rafting and Grand Tetons, what activities are there in Jackson?

7 Answers Jun 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    • town square

by walenta1 Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Will be bringing a group of seniord to jackson first week of June. Planning on giving them about 3-4 hours on the square for shopping and eating. Is there a Town Square map showing business locations, especially eating establishments. Looking for primarily places on the square for a quick, light, reasonable lunch. Thanks for any suggestions and/or where I could finf a town square map.

8 Answers May 23, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    • Itinery for Yellowstone National Park and Jackson

by CheeHui Online Now Sep 7, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I would like to travel in Yellowstone National Park and Jackson from 9-14 Jan 2012. I plan to reach bozeman at 9th Jan morning and go to yellowstone for a few days. Then will travel to Jackson and depart by flight on 14th night. I would like to have a not-too-relax itinery. So may I know how should I plan my itinery? Is it too long for me to stay 6 days in Yellowstone and Jackson?

17 Answers Sep 10, 2011 at 7:04 PM
    • bavchy's Profile Photo

Recommended Trips

by bavchy Online Now Jul 26, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Hello!

I'm staying in Jackson for the next couple of months. Although I will spend a lot of time in the Grand Teton National Park and elsewhere around Jackson, I was thinking of going on a couple of trips. I would like to see interesting nearby places. However, I only have time on the weekends and so I am trying to figure out, which places I should visit and which are not really worth the trip. I would appreciate some input. :))

Right now I have the following on my list:
      - Yellowstone
      - Cody
      - Bozeman
      - Badlands, Mt Rushmore, Devil's Tower
      - Salt Lake City.

Thans in advance

4 Answers Jul 28, 2011 at 9:25 PM
    • Jackson Hole in Dec?

by jotorpal Online Now Mar 10, 2011 at 5:11 AM

We plan to go here to ski the week after Christmas. How is the weather? Crowds? What about airfare and hotel prices? Recommend any reasonably priced hotel with ski packages? For non-skiers, what is there to do in town or surrounding areas in Dec?

• Scenic River Float suggestions

by malloyhay Online Now Jun 19, 2010 at 12:43 AM

HI,
      We will be spending time in Jackson at the end of July 2010. We are looking to do the Snake River Floats. Not the whitewater, but the scenic float. There seems to be so many companies that offer the trip. We are family of 4- two tween kids.
      Any suggestions would be helpful!

1 Answer Aug 21, 2010 at 1:28 AM
    • Things to Do & See

by kikkoman Online Now May 20, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Hi

We are visiting Jackson Hole in early June for 2 days. I have spent a lot of time searching the web to determine the most efficient way to see all the beautiful things in that place. But I have not seen much that is helpful.

My wife has bad knees and cant climb or walk for long. We will do the Tram ride and see Elk refuge. But I want to drive around and see all that is worth seeing in 2 days.

I would appreciate all tips and links to websites that may have some Info.

Thanks in advance.
      Kiko

4 Answers May 21, 2010 at 9:35 AM
    • valerie7277's Profile Photo

Jackson Hole/Teton Village Restaurants

by valerie7277 Online Now May 18, 2010 at 6:39 AM

Hi again --- Any good recommendations on interesting restaurants in Jackson or Teton Village? I love to try places where the locals go (and will eat just about anything), so I'd like to stay away from any chain type restaurants.

Much thanks!
      Valerie

9 Answers Jun 9, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    • mckinney3's Profile Photo

Reasonable But Not Run Down Lodging in Jackson and Some Day Hike Recommendations

by mckinney3 Online Now May 15, 2010 at 8:31 AM

We are traveling to Yellowstone from SLC via Jackson. Stopping over one night on the up trip. I am very confused about where to stay in Jackson as the Trip Advisor reviews are all over the map for the non-deluxe lodgings. We are just stopping over on our trip to Yellowstone. We like funky but require clean, comfortable, functioning and quiet. I keep getting drawn to the Cowboy Village if that helps with a recommendation. ($125-150)

We are passing this way so that we get to drive thru the Tetons going up and we will pass that route again coming South. We need some recommendations for day hikes off of the main hiway so we get some outdoors time on our travel days.

We will stay in Jackson for several nights on our return trip at the Bentwood Inn which is slightly out of town and is going to consume our big buck pampering needs.

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 Answer May 17, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    • valerie7277's Profile Photo

Jackson Hole/Yellowstone/Grand Tetons

by valerie7277 Online Now May 2, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Hi -- I'm heading to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone later this month and was looking for some help on a few things. I'm looking at booking a white water rafting trip through Mad River Outfitters (probably just an 8 mile trip). Has anyone used them before? Or any other good recommendations?

Also, what is the weather typically like in May? It seems like there is a huge range, so I'm not sure what I should be packing. (we're planning on doing some hiking, white water rafting, a spa day, and general exploring of the area)

Thanks!!
      Valerie

5 Answers May 3, 2010 at 10:54 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Does JH have good snow by New Years for skiing?

by swdke Online Now Sep 11, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Thinking about a ski trip over New Years, does JH have good snow by then? Thanks!

2 Answers Jan 25, 2010 at 9:03 PM
    • Camping gear rentals

by MissingLosAngeles Online Now Jun 26, 2009 at 1:39 PM

We flying to JAC on our way to a camping trip to Yellowstone. We won't be able to carry all the camping gear on the plane. what is a good place to rent things like sleeping bag, stove, mess kit, kitchen knife, swiss knife etc? There must be an REI around there, but there costs are higher.

• Jackson/ Grand Tetons in late July with my family

by mnsmith Online Now Jun 23, 2008 at 10:50 AM

My family and I are excited to visit Jackson/ Grand Tetons in mid July. I have a 3 year old, 5 year old, and 7 year old traveling with my wife, and I and we are looking for fun and adventures in your region. We are staying at the Trapper Inn, and are excited about the July 26th Rodeo/ Fair (any suggestions). We will be in the area for 4 days and are looking for trip ideas that will enhance our experience. We want to use our time in the best possible way, and are an adventurous family looking for the best use of our time. I am looking for your input on anything and am looking for detail suggestions on the following areas: 1- best places to visit 2-best family hikes 3-places to eat 4-best places to water river rafting (company to recommend) 5-best scenic horse rides that are family friendly (company name) 6-best places to fish or guide to recommend (what do we need for gear and equipment) 7. unique shops or places of interest 8. places to rent bikes and places to ride them. 9. any other ideas you can suggest : )

2 Answers Jun 25, 2008 at 4:22 AM
    • dbeatty's Profile Photo

Jackson/Yellowstone end of December

by dbeatty Online Now Jun 17, 2008 at 6:28 AM

I want to go to Jackson for my snow fix after Christmas. I'd like to explore Yellowstone in the winter. I'm having trouble locating activities from the south side of the park. Looks like the entrances are either from the north or west. I was interested in snowshoeing, maybe snowmobiling and finding out what other activities are available. I'm pretty sure there is not lodging in the park, but if there is, please let me know. THanks!

3 Answers Jul 13, 2008 at 8:51 AM
    • May or September 3 nights enough or too little????

by SWEETPOPPI Online Now Apr 29, 2008 at 9:40 PM

Planning a trip to Jackson, just wondered if anyone has a reccomendations on whether May or September/early October is a better time to visit ( I heard it was SNOWING today)don't mind the cold but would like to hike, explore etc. Also, 3 nights 2 1/2 days-is it enough to see the area or would 4 nights 3 1/2 days be better.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

4 Answers May 13, 2008 at 2:52 PM
    • Thanksgiving in Jackson

by jcm-tx Online Now Aug 19, 2007 at 5:16 PM

We are considering spending Thanksgiving in Jackson. Wife and two kids and I don't ski, so what other activities are available? Are restaurants open on Thanksgiving day? What is weather like at that time of year? Any ideas or advice would be helpful and appreciated!

1 Answer Aug 28, 2007 at 12:31 PM
    • Hotel Room With A Balcony

by BJR1 Online Now Jan 15, 2007 at 8:23 AM

My wife & I will be attending a wedding in Jackson in August. Since one of us is a smoker, a room with a balcony solves a lot of problems. Are there any hotels / motels in the local area that have rooms with a balcony?

We also plan on visiting Yellowstone following the wedding. Do you advise staying in Yellowstone or remaining in the Jackson hotel?

Thanks,

BJR1

2 Answers Jan 16, 2007 at 7:59 PM
    • Music

by STF2006 Online Now Jan 11, 2007 at 10:51 AM

Does anybody know of one or two places I can go for some good live music? Preferrably jam band-ish.

• Showing the kids first snow over New Years- Jan 7 -- Advice needed

by Dr.Lo Online Now Nov 13, 2006 at 10:22 AM

Miamian decided that the children need to see snow. Have arranged for a condo to stay at from New Years through Jan 7. Do not know what else we are doing.
      Kids 6(boy) & 15(girl)
      None of us have skiied or visited western mountains in winter before...All advice you want to through our way is welcome:
      1. New years eve suggestions?
      2. Resteraunts?
      3. Can you rent (or purchase cheaply) old fashoned sleds? -- And where can you use them best?
      4. Daughter wants to try snowboarding -- Where should we get lessons? where should we rent?
      5. We own no real winter clothes -- should we pick up stuff in Miami or on line or is there a cheap source in Jackson?
      6. Sleigh ride -- recommended or not?
      7. Same question -- dog sled?
      8. Am I correct that a side trip to Yellowstone is not recommended this time of year (since we only have a week)
      9. Any other thoughts? What should we do with our time?

8 Answers Sep 12, 2009 at 7:46 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Who has the best steak in Jackson, WY?

by swdke Online Now Jan 23, 2006 at 12:01 PM

Who has the best steak in Jackson, WY?

4 Answers Nov 30, 2007 at 6:04 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Recommended Snowmobile Outiftters

by swdke Online Now Dec 29, 2005 at 6:35 AM

Can anyone recommend a good snowmobile outfitter? Also, can you recommend a good destination to go snowmobiling? I hope to be in Jackson near the end of March. I know that Yellowstone closes around March 12, so snowmobiling Yellowstone is out. What might be the next best option? Thanks.

• Best Time to Visit

by CheriandDave Online Now Nov 4, 2005 at 12:26 PM

I've been looking into several options as to where to stay and when to go....it seems there's more to do either before October or starting in December...is it generally a ghost town in October and November? Are there things to do? I just want to make sure that there will be places to eat, etc. It seems a lot of the places close in September. Thanks!

Cheri

• Ski Rental info needed

by Tex-Anne Online Now Oct 22, 2005 at 9:07 PM

We are traveling to Jackson for Christmas and want to rent ski equipment for 2 adults for 3 days. What is the best place and about how much will it cost? We plan to ski at Teton Village but will be staying in town. How much is it to rent skis at Teton Village?

5 Answers Oct 29, 2005 at 12:28 PM