Jackson Travel Answers

change location
dbeatty's Profile Photo

Jackson/Yellowstone end of December

by dbeatty Online Now Jun 17, 2008 at 6:28 AM

I want to go to Jackson for my snow fix after Christmas. I'd like to explore Yellowstone in the winter. I'm having trouble locating activities from the south side of the park. Looks like the entrances are either from the north or west. I was interested in snowshoeing, maybe snowmobiling and finding out what other activities are available. I'm pretty sure there is not lodging in the park, but if there is, please let me know. THanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Re: Jackson/Yellowstone end of December

by nomad7890 Online Now Jun 17, 2008 at 7:15 AM

We have never been there in the winter - however perhaps you can contact the people in this link for lodging (it came off tne national park site for yellowstone) http://www.travelyellowstone.com/

yellowstone page where this link came is at:
    nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/f... ... you can navigate back from this page for other Yellowstone info.

Always wanted to visit in the snow too!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • acprincess's Profile Photo

by acprincess Online Now Jun 17, 2008 at 3:33 PM

There are links on the National Park page. There's a snowcoach that leaves from Flagg Ranch (near Jackson) and goes to the Old Faithful Snow Lodge. You can stay there, and rent snowshoes and cross country skis. I believe that the park service is now requiring guides to go with snowmobilers. It's probably not best to ride a snowmobile into the park. The buffalo follow the trails out of the park and the ranchers shoot them because of the brucellosis they carry. Save an animal, take the snowcoach.

yellowstonenationalpark.com/...

• dbeatty's Profile Photo

by dbeatty Online Now Jul 13, 2008 at 8:51 AM

How about a cabin for 2 close to Jackson/Yellowstone? Any references?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines