Jackson Travel Answers

change location

General Questions & Wagon Wheel Village...

by CheriandDave Online Now Oct 22, 2005 at 2:02 PM

Hello...

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for October of 2007...how fast do places normally book up? Any information you can give me on great restaurants, attractions, etc would be appreciated. Also...has anyone ever stayed or are you familiar with the Wagon Wheel Village (wagonwheelvillage.com)? We're possibly thinking of staying at one of the condos there. Thanks a lot!

Cheri

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • kazander's Profile Photo

RE: General Questions & Wagon Wheel Village...

by kazander Online Now Oct 25, 2005 at 9:32 AM

Congratulations! We honeymooned in Yellowstone and Grand Teton this past August! I booked our rooms about 6 months in advance, perhaps 7. I would advise to book at least that far in advance. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • October is off season in Jackson no crowds, reduced prices, variable weather.

by WYScott Online Now Nov 5, 2005 at 12:48 PM

This year it was still sunny and upper 50's during the day 20-30F at night. Last year we got 2 feet of snow on Oct 2.
    Off season prices go into effect after labor day.
    Wagon Wheel Village is an older property about 8 blocks N of the town square. Nice place, well maintained. But- from the picture in the condo details on their website, the condo is at the base of Snow King Mtn, near Snow King Resort. This is about 8 blocks South of the town square. Nice condos, only about 5 years old. Free shuttle bus from Snow King to anywhere in town on the 1/2 hr.
    Definitely stay in town. The village is dead in Oct.
    Check out lodging at the Rusty Parrot, The Parkway Inn. Both upper end small inns right in town. Perfect for a honeymoon.
    The restraunts are pretty well covered on this site. Lots of variety and wide price range. A lot offer discounts in Oct. Silver Dollar Bar is a local watering hole, great place for happy hour. Have a drink before dinner and pick local brains, most are happy to answer questions and give advice.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines