change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

bus/train to Selcuk from Izmir airport

by mindcrime Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 6:25 AM

I want to book a flight from Athens to Izmir with Pegasus Airlines and then catch a bus or train directly to Selcuk.
      1)which airport of Izmir Pegasus use?
      2)can we catch a bus/train from there without going into Izmir?

more
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

bus/train to Selcuk from Izmir airport

by mindcrime Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 6:25 AM

I want to book a flight from Athens to Izmir with Pegasus Airlines and then catch a bus or train directly to Selcuk.
      1)which airport of Izmir Pegasus use?
      2)can we catch a bus/train from there without going into Izmir?

3 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 11:49 PM
    • catmandu's Profile Photo

Internet access

by catmandu Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 9:54 AM

There is a chance we may be relocating to Izmir for a few years, which is very exciting, but I run my own business from home & rely heavily on good fast internet access.

Can anyone let me know what the Internet access / speed is like in the residential areas of Izmir.

Many thanks

5 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM
    • walking from port i izmir

by gardener123 Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 1:37 PM

we are arriving on a cruise ship in izmir, is it possible to walk from the port into izmir to visit the bazar

1 Answer Sep 25, 2013 at 1:04 AM
    • First visit to Turkey

by lindehugo Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 2:39 AM

We are investigating a family holiday to this part of Turkey. We do NOT want overcrowded beaches filled with boozy tourists. Are looking for authentic experienece, heritage, nature, food and relaxing. Any suggestions? How expensive are flights from Istanbul to Izmir? Linde Cape Town

8 Answers Aug 31, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    • Nada_S's Profile Photo

from Özdere to Izmir

by Nada_S Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM

How could we go from Özdere to Izmir (for sightseeing) ? There should be some connection with bus/ dolmus but i dont find any clear information about it.

3 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 2:26 AM
    • archery requests izmir

by pacha1963 Online Now Aug 17, 2013 at 9:14 PM

am looking for archery clubs in IZMIR
      write to me.
      Yousouf Bayjoo
      President of Mauritian Archery Federation
      ybayjoo@gmail.com

3 Answers Aug 18, 2013 at 5:41 AM
    • MolL375's Profile Photo

Bus from Izmir to Bodrum and lugguage allowance

by MolL375 Online Now Jun 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I want to take bus from Izmir to Bodrum with 2 luggage and they are around 25kg. I would like to know if buses allow luggage. If so, is it free of charge? Please advise. Thanks!!

4 Answers Jun 17, 2013 at 6:54 AM
    • from Istanbul

by maxabeti Online Now Apr 17, 2013 at 5:34 PM

What to watch for and which way to go and where to stop using a car from Istanbul to Izmir?

2 Answers Apr 21, 2013 at 9:11 PM
    • FrankTravelpage's Profile Photo

Hostel or Hotel

by FrankTravelpage Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Doing some research I found a hostel "Guzel Izmir Hotel" which seems to be pretty much in the center ... any other hostel or hotel tips for a medium budget ;-) ?

2 Answers Feb 28, 2013 at 3:17 AM
    • First Time in Izmir - Any Suggestions will be Appreciated

by HaikuDream Online Now Sep 19, 2012 at 9:26 PM

First time visitors to Turkey - 8 nights in Istanbul. Thought Izmir side trip would be a nice contrast to the big city. October 11-14 ( 4 nights)...

Thought of going to Izmir, Cesme, and Ephesus. Any recommendations for itinerary? Enjoy visiting historical places, local foods, visiting friends' family in Cesme....thought of using Izmir as home base.

Any hotel recommendations?

Car rental? Is it better or safer to take taxis/buses?

Turkish or other airlines to consider from Istanbul?

New to VT - excited to hear from other members and looking forward to share my experiences when we return.

4 Answers Sep 20, 2012 at 3:09 PM
    • Train from Izmir to Denizli for Pammule

by Joburgboys Online Now Sep 14, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Is the train between Izmir and Denizli still running? We are going the 25th of October. I tried to book online at www.TCDD.org.tr but I can't seem to come right. What's the Coe or a 1st/2nd class ticket one way? I booked at the Melrose house hotel.

2 Answers Mar 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    • nuzahmed's Profile Photo

Cesme or Kusadasi to go in November???

by nuzahmed Online Now Sep 4, 2012 at 5:29 AM

I am planning to go Izmir in 3rd week of November & booked a hotel called Radisson blu @ Cesme. Do u think it's a good hotel & good place to go? But it looks like its v far from the airport. So I was thinking if I stay @ kusadasi as I will get free shuttle from airport by Atlasjet airline!! (I hope they still have shuttle @ that time of my stay) Plz give me advice!!! Also are there more things to see & do in Kusadasi or Cesme ?? I was looking @ some nice hotels there but can't decide which one is really good. Can someone help Plz!!!!

Read more: Istanbul, Turkey Travel Forum

6 Answers Oct 19, 2012 at 1:00 PM
    • Wine

by zelia.craveiro Online Now Aug 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Where is the best place to buy a bottle of wine in Izmir. I'm only here for two days, staying at the Hilton,and would prefer to walk over.

1 Answer Aug 10, 2012 at 8:15 AM
    • What to do with one day in Izmir - already been to Ephesus and Pergamon

by DCKT Online Now Mar 22, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Hi!

We are in Izmir for one day in April. As mentioned, we have been to Ephesus and Pergamon before. We have also visited Istanbul (as an example of the mosques, the bazaar that we have seen).

We would really appreciate some suggestions for how to spend our day in Izmir? We are a young family.

Are there more Christian/Biblical sights nearby?

I saw Pumakkale, which looked very interesting, but it looks like it would be a 4 hour drive each way and probably too far for us.

Looking forward to your kind suggestions. Thanks so much!

4 Answers Apr 4, 2012 at 1:58 PM
    • izmir travel

by hiturkey Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Hello,i have a conference to attend at Izmir University of Economics and am planning to stay in one of the hotels at Basmane Gari. I wanted to know what modes of travel are available between these two places. What is the distance between these two places and how much time does it take by bus? Thanking you in advance!

5 Answers Jan 12, 2013 at 3:14 AM
    • Perucha's Profile Photo

Rental car in Izmir

by Perucha Online Now Oct 13, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Dear all,
      I'm coming to Izmir on 18-23 Oct 2011 and accompanying a friend who's photographer to shoot "7 churches of revelation" (Izmir, Alasehir, Bergama, Akhisar, Laodicea, Sart, Efes).
      Since we only have 5 days, we plan to rent a (cheap) car with a driver/guide.
      My questions:
      - Do you have any recommendation on where can we get rental car + driver/guide?
      - How much is it per day?
      - Is it possible to go a whole day and back to Izmir every day but cover all 7 churches(we already book 5 nights in Izmir)?

Thank you very much!

4 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 5:47 PM
    • Lila0603's Profile Photo

Izmir

by Lila0603 Online Now Jul 4, 2011 at 4:32 AM

What are the best places to be and to visit in Izmir?

2 Answers Jul 6, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    • Is there a way to go from Greece to Ephesus by boat?

by Rogelia Online Now May 21, 2011 at 7:17 PM

My husband and I are going to be in Corfu until June 21 or 22, and then want to go to the Ephesus area if possible by boat so that it is more relaxing.

Where should we fly to from Corfu so that we can get a boat to Ephesus? How many hours or days does the boat take?

An alternative would be to fly to Izmir and take a local boat around there...are there boats near Izmir and is this worth doing?

We only have around 3-4 days for the boat and Ephesus.

Please advise.
      Thanks.

6 Answers May 22, 2011 at 4:18 AM
    • Bus or Car Rental

by caer Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 12:41 PM

We're in the tentative stages of planning a trip to Turkey for September, 2011. We plan to fly to Izmir and from there spend two or three nights in Selcuk to visit Ephesus and a few other sites. From Selcuk to Marmaris for the ferry to Rohdes and from Rhodes to Fetheyi.
      Question is: Is it better to rent a car at Izmir airport (if so, any company better) and turn it in at Marmaris or would it be better to take the bus or hotel shuttle to Selcuk and bus to Marmaris?
      Any suggestions or insights would be appreciated.

3 Answers May 5, 2011 at 3:47 AM
    • Self Guide Ephesus???

by missnikita Online Now Dec 22, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Hello

We are arriving on a cruise ship into Izmir port at the end of Jan. Can anyone suggest the best possible way to get to Ephesus and sights not to miss? We have only 9hrs there in total...

Cheers

Nik and Geoff

12 Answers Apr 2, 2011 at 11:41 AM
    • nesclau's Profile Photo

Shopping on a sunday

by nesclau Online Now Nov 6, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Are the KEMERALTI and KONAK area shops open on a sundays? Thanks

1 Answer Nov 8, 2010 at 10:20 PM
    • Izmir to Marmaris by bus

by JohnMair Online Now Oct 14, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Can anybody recommend a website which contains a bus timetable (in Emglish)
      for the above trip
      Thanks in advance
      John M

• best transport from kusadasi to izmir

by aghafarhad Online Now Sep 7, 2010 at 4:16 AM

What is the best transport from kusadasi to izmir? is there any bus in this way?

1 Answer Sep 11, 2010 at 5:41 AM
    • Izmir to Bodrum

by giorgi19611 Online Now Jul 29, 2010 at 7:43 AM

could anybody explain how can I get from Izmir to Bodrum

3 Answers Jul 30, 2010 at 6:53 AM
    • Help! Need bus info please

by Jenz10 Online Now Jul 29, 2010 at 4:16 AM

Hi I'm flying to Izmir airport and need to get to Gumbet. Does anyone know if it's easier to get a bus to Bodrum them Gumbet or where you actually get the bus when you land? What time the buses are at? My return flight is about 3.30am so will buses be on then? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Jul 29, 2010 at 8:45 AM
    • Izmir airport - Denizli

by machane Online Now Jun 30, 2010 at 6:22 AM

Does anybody know if there is some direct connection (train, bus) between Izmir - Adnan Menderes International Airport and Denizli (Pamukkale)?

2 Answers Jun 30, 2010 at 12:06 PM
    • Public Bus #204 in Otogar

by sugit31 Online Now Jun 29, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Is there anyone who knows in which place of Otogar Public Bus #204 stops?
      I have found that it runs from Metro station to Airport via Otogar every
      hour. Otogar is huge and complex.
      Bus timetable is in adnanmenderesairport.com/izm....

• Taxi charge from Otogar to Airport

by sugit31 Online Now Jun 28, 2010 at 6:48 PM

My friend plans to visit Pamukkale in August. Because Denizli airport is closed in August, she plans to fly from Izmir to Istanbul.
      She moves from Denizli otogar to Izmir otogar by bus and takes a taxi to Izmir airport from Izmir otogar.
      Is there anyone who knows the proper taxi charge?
      Some site wrote that it would be 20TL to 30TL. Other site wrote that taxis run with meter.
      Last week when I was in Izmir, a taxi driver said it was 70TL at first. Then he was discounting the charge to 40TL.

2 Answers Jun 29, 2010 at 5:22 AM
    • From Izmir to tekirdag by bus.

by sambourdaliariss Online Now Jun 6, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I want to go from Izmir to Tekirdag by bus can you please sent me a guideline for that trip. Also i want to know which way i can arrive to Tekirdag by buw fron Ayvalik.
      I wiil aprreciate an answer.
      Savas

• BARRATT827's Profile Photo

BUS TRAIN OF BOAT?

by BARRATT827 Online Now May 12, 2010 at 5:21 AM

Hi everyone,

Please could anyone help? Myself and partner are off the Gumbet bodrum next month. We intend to marry and understand that we need to have our marriage documents translated first. This at the moment has to be done at the british consulate in izmir. (The consulatee in bodrum is on the verge of opening, but do date has not - which wold make life so much easier!)

Does anyone know the address and the best way to get there from Gumbet, Bodrum?

Many thanks
      Tracy

4 Answers May 13, 2010 at 7:46 PM