Ixtapa Travel Answers

change location
nospam's Profile Photo

First Timers

by nospam Online Now May 14, 2008 at 1:55 PM

We booked 7-14 June at the Las Brisas Resort Ixtapa. We are newbies to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo. My questions are the usual ones - where to eat in Ixtapa, best supermarkets, can you walk safely to Ixtapa, any out-of-the-way gems to hike to or anything else you figure is good to know. We will celebrate our 37th anniversary together so I was hoping to find a special place to take my Honey for an evening out, any suggestions on that one are very welcome as well - Thanks very much.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • madamx's Profile Photo

Re: First Timers

by madamx Online Now May 14, 2008 at 6:09 PM

A great website for you would be wwww.zihuatanejo.net -- tons of information on Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo. Also, you can post your questions on the message board as well. As newbies to the area, we found it extremely helpful.

For your anniversary, I would recommend dinner at Amuleto, which is in Zihuatanejo. Make sure to arrive around 5 pm, so you can have a drink and watch the sun go down, and then have a romantic dinner. It is set high up on a cliffside and has amazing views of the bay. Amuleto is a boutique hotel, but you can still make reservations for dinner even if you are not a guest.

http://www.amuleto.net/

As for gems, I highly recommend a trip to Patzcuaro, which is a beautiful colonial town about 3 hours from Ixtapa in the highlands of Michoacan state. However, it looks like you're only staying a week, so this is probably not doable. You can do it as a day trip, but it would be nice to stay at least overnight to enjoy the town. If you can extend your stay, I really encourage you to go, especially if you are interested in culture and in handicrafts.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nospam's Profile Photo

Re: First Timers

by nospam Online Now May 15, 2008 at 8:08 AM

Thanks Madamx, I checked out both links, very nice. We will spend a lot of time on the buses this trip and Patzcuaro sounds great, we thrive on those adventures.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines