Ixtapa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• House in Zihua

Zihuatanejo Mar 26, 2014 at 7:02 AM

I need a place to stay for about 3 months that has 3 bedrooms and a pool and allows a dog. Is there anything affordable out there?

more
    • driving time from ixtapa to acapulco

by bsduncan Online Now Dec 7, 2013 at 7:01 AM

what is the drive time between ixtapa and acapulco

3 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 5:24 PM
    • All Inclusive or not

by Bajamick Online Now Apr 4, 2013 at 6:58 AM

We are trying to decide if we want to book an AI resort in lxtapa. My concern is that we don't necessarily want to be tied down to one resort for meals but eating out can be expensive if we have a martini before dinner and a bottle of wine with dinner. Are there restaurants in lxtapa where we can take our own wine and pay a corkage fee?

• Local Culture & Photography in Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo?

by slaskigoral Online Now Jan 5, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I will be spending a week in Ixtapa at the end of January/early February. I have been to Mexico twice before, to Puerto Vallarta and San Jose del Cabo. I am a historian & travel photographer, and am working on a photo blog of travel photography from my various journeys around the world. I am the type of traveler who likes to try and get 'off the beaten path', where possible. I know that staying in an AI is not exactly that, but I tend to spend little time in resorts and try to do independent travel whenever possible.

For example, my highlights to PV were bus trips to colonial villages in the mountains, and in Cabo, traveling to Todos Santos and taking an ATV trip through the desert, where I photographed fascinating rural shrines.

My time is limited to a week, but I would like to get any suggestions on places in the area that I could travel to to get some amazing photos and perspectives. Ideally, I would like to see some towns in the Guerrero mountains, either larger cities like Taxco or smaller villages. In the coastal towns, I like to wander and do street photography, particularly of shrines to the Virgin of Guadalupe - there are so many of them and they are very beautiful and creative!

Can anyone recommend some interesting places to see in Ixtapa-Zih, for ex. churches, shrines or cemeteries? And any advice on hiring a local guide for a day or two who would be willing to take me to local villages, places where most tourists do not venture? Thank you kindly!!

2 Answers Oct 25, 2013 at 7:09 PM
    • toontown's Profile Photo

New Years parties?

by toontown Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Anything good to do in Ixtapa or Zihaut at New Years?

1 Answer Dec 13, 2010 at 11:49 PM
    • swim with the dolphins

by jackhorishige Online Now Feb 11, 2010 at 4:04 PM

1)do I have to pay just to watch kids swim with the dolphins and if so how much?
      2) is there a van from cruise port to the show and how much?
      3) do you need res. for this or pay when I get there?

1 Answer Feb 11, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    • secunnin's Profile Photo

weddingmoon

by secunnin Online Now Jul 15, 2008 at 8:14 PM

i have been looking into getting married and honeymooning in Ixtapa. anyone have any input or suggestions on what resort/hotel to stay at.. i really like the loks of Las Brisas Ixtapa Resort but its not all-inclusive and i feel if we are going for 7 days all-inclusive is a better deal?! how is the Melia Azul Beach Resort for that? thanks! And lastly has anyone see someone get married their and was it worth 1000.00?

3 Answers Aug 18, 2008 at 1:03 PM
    • oslocairo's Profile Photo

Dolfin encounter

by oslocairo Online Now Aug 14, 2007 at 2:32 PM

Hi!

Anyone do the Dolfin encounter? It seems like a great thing to do in Ixtapa because it is much cheaper than in San Diego,California for example.

Are reservations needed? What's the best way to get there from Zihuatanejo? We don't have a car.

Thanks!

• oslocairo's Profile Photo

Tipping

by oslocairo Online Now Aug 14, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm actually going to Zihuatanejo, not Ixtapa, but there is no forum for Zihuatanjeo.

What is tipping like, especially in a hotel? How much do you tip a made, a baggage carrier, etc Also, in a restaurant, if the tip is not included?

Thanks!

5 Answers Aug 14, 2007 at 2:41 PM
    • hotel irma

by saustin Online Now Dec 19, 2006 at 1:22 PM

Does anyone have any good/bad things to say about hotel irma? my friends and I are considering that hotel in Jan

• Distance Ixtapa to Mexico City

by RuiOliveira Online Now Jan 17, 2006 at 9:33 AM

Hello everybody,

i´m planning a trip to Ixtapa.
      I want to know if anybody knows how many hours, by bus, i choose Estrella Doro, from Mexico City to Ixtapa?
      Is it safe to travel at night by bus?

all air companies want more or less250 USD

thanks

3 Answers Jan 22, 2006 at 12:02 PM
    • Local Fun

by SPGroup Online Now Jan 2, 2006 at 4:37 PM

what type of local activities go on, like is there a city market type thing?

2 Answers Jan 4, 2006 at 9:32 AM
    • Gyms and/or health clubs in Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo

by es220 Online Now Feb 12, 2005 at 10:09 AM

We're looking for places that have cardio equipment (treadmills, bikes, etc) as well as weights. Classes aren't necessary. Do the hotels that advertise health clubs let non-guests in? Many thanks. Edna

• travel time from acapulco to ixtapa

by marilynsantiago Online Now Jan 24, 2005 at 9:34 AM

please tell me how long is the drive from Acapulco to Ixtapa...thanks, Marilyn

1 Answer Jan 25, 2005 at 1:38 PM
    • Costa Real Ixtapa

by neal.cory Online Now Jan 8, 2005 at 12:21 PM

I am interested in any information or feedback on the Costa Real Ixtapa. We are going in March 2005. I was last in Ixtapa in 1984 and am sure there have been many changes. Any tips on activities or excursions would be welcome. Thanks

• susiemargare's Profile Photo

hotels/resorts in ixtapa

by susiemargare Online Now Dec 26, 2004 at 2:32 PM

hi, everyone -- thanks for the answers to my previous Qs. i appreciate it. my friends and i have settled on going to the ixtapa/zihuatenejo area. now we are debating various resorts that i can get thru my time-share weeks (the less said about THAT, the better!). can anyone compare any of all of the following resorts, especially as to niceness of accommodations, niceness of beach? -- RHC/park royal villas -- sun club/intercontinental plaza ixtapa (maybe now or formerly under name of costa real ixtapa?) -- pacifica master sands -- pacifica golf -- pacifica sands -- ocean imperial club (also known as radisson resort) -- riviera beach resort and spa does anyone know anything about the villa vera puerto mio in zihuatenejo? thanks very much -- susie margaret

2 Answers Sep 21, 2005 at 4:42 PM
    • susiemargare's Profile Photo

from ixtapa to zihuatenejo

by susiemargare Online Now Nov 25, 2004 at 1:38 PM

hi -- i belong to a time-share assn (the less said about THAT, the better!), and the only member resorts in the ixtapa-zihuatenjo area are in ixtapa. if i get a place in one of these resorts, how far is it from ixtapa to zihuatenejo (in time, not distance)? is there a local bus that goes from one to the other? how much is it? is it regular? how late does it run? is it a hassle to get to the bus stops? if there is no bus, how do people (real people, not rich tourists) usually go back and forth? thanks -- susie margaret

1 Answer Nov 25, 2004 at 7:45 PM
    • BEARSTOY4's Profile Photo

IXTAPA

by BEARSTOY4 Online Now Sep 2, 2003 at 9:23 PM

WHAT IS THE FARE IN PESO`S FROM AIRPORT TO IXTAPA

4 Answers Sep 21, 2005 at 7:20 AM
    • Ixtapa at Thanksgiving

by JTDallas Online Now Sep 1, 2003 at 2:28 PM

I will be traveling to Ixtapa at Thanksgiving and welcome any suggestions. I have accomodations at the Park Royal Villas (next to the Barcelo hotel in the hotel zone).

• mschroedter's Profile Photo

Ixtapa, Mexico

by mschroedter Online Now Jan 26, 2003 at 2:15 PM

I am planning on going to Ixtapa around mid march and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a good all-inclusive resort. Also any other info that might be of interest to the area. Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 2, 2003 at 2:55 PM