Iwo Jima

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• souveneir

Tokyo Oct 4, 2015 at 2:12 AM

Best place to buy a sovewneir in Akihabara?

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Tokyo 1 1/2 day layover

Tokyo Oct 5, 2015 at 7:04 AM

We're considering going to Singapore in late January and there are no direct flights so one of the places I can change planes is Tokyo and since we've never been, I thought we might do a short layover. It looks like I can get a flight that arrives mid to late day on Friday, we could spend all day Saturday and fly to Singapore the next day midday. I will guess that we will be quite tired from the 13 hour flight so probably looking for the following:

hotel for 2 nights for 2 people that won't make my pocketbook cry too loudly, I am fine with anything clean that has a bed and a private shower in a safe neighborhood (no hostels or shared facilities), easy access to transit to the airport a plus

dinner on Friday night, then off to sleep

what to see on Saturday to get a feel for the city, I know it's too short of a visit to see everything but we're interested in history and enjoy visiting markets

lunch and dinner on Saturday

I've had a look at the average weather and it says 38/50F low/high, that will be warm for us at that time of year since we live in Chicago :-)

Thanks for any help!

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

is monday october 12 a national holiday?

Tokyo Oct 1, 2015 at 12:52 PM

is monday october 12 a national holiday?
      if so:
      1)does this affect public transport in Tokyo?
      2)are some atractions closed? the East Imperial Gardens will be open? (they are closed on mondays but when monday is holiday they close the next day, right?)
      3)I was thinking to start from Hama Rikyu gardens in the morning, then take the train to Tokyo Station and walk to East Imperial Gardens but the rest of the day will be free. any suggestions considering we will cover the following the rest of our days in Tokyo:
      Meiji Shrine, Takeshita Dori, Shibuya Crossing, Shinjuku, Tsukiji Fish Market, Hamarikyu Gardens, Akihabara / Ginza, Asakusa, Sensoji temple, Ueno Park

• Imo Jima visit

by ec2000 Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 6:27 AM

I would like to visit Iwo Jima, how do I get started to gathering information about how to do this. Earl

6 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    • AmyC1975's Profile Photo

Visiting Iwo Jima

by AmyC1975 Online Now Jul 29, 2012 at 8:24 PM

My son is a Marine stationed in Okinawa, Japan. He is looking for information on touring Iwo Jima. Do you have any information you can provide on how he can do this?

6 Answers Aug 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM