change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Odawara Castle

Odawara May 4, 2015 at 3:06 AM

I'll be visiting Odawara Castle on Oct 31 (Saturday) on my way from Hakone Yumoto to Shinjuku. I need some clarification please..

1. I know that the castle closes at 5pm. Is this just for the entrance into the castle building or the ground as well? I would like to hang around the castle ground until twilight for an opportunity to take photo of the castle during the 'blue' hour. Wondering if the ground remains opened after 5pm?

2. What time is twilight at the end of October?

3. I plan to ride the Odakyu Romancecar back to Shinjuku. Can I purchase the Romancecar from Hakone Yumoto to Shinjuku but break the journey and jump off for a few hours at Odawara? Or I need to go from Hakone Yumoto by Hakone Tozan Railway to Odawara and board the Romancecar from Odawara to Shinjuku?

4. Any recommendation for dinner option near the Odawara Station?

Tq! Mel

more
    • Night bus travel from Hakone to Tokyo

Hakone Apr 28, 2015 at 10:59 AM

hi there, I need some guidance on getting a night bus from Hakone to Tokyo. Any website for further reference?

more
    • Help with Climing Mt Fuji translation

Japan Yesterday

Hi all - I've booked a place to stay while climbing Mt Fuji (8th Station). So far a combination of bad high-school Japanese has got me through - but I'm a little stumped with the translation on one bit of the site. I think it is talking about being quiet for those who want to sleep - but I just want to make sure it doesn't prohibit us from getting up at 1am to start the trek for the top.

富士山の山小屋は旅館や民宿とは違い、富士山山頂を目指すための登山基地で、夜中に出発される方は早い時間からお休みになっています。館内で宴会を行い、騒ぐような行為は、他のお客様の安眠を奪ってしまいますし、3100mの高所での飲酒は高山病の危険性を高くし、お客様自身の登頂の可能性を低くしてしまいます。そのような理由から、太子舘では館内禁酒とさせて頂いております。

Thanks!!!

more
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Tengu Izakaya branch at Tennozu Isle/Shinagawa

Shinagawa May 15, 2015 at 10:07 AM

I've been to Tengu Izakaya branch at Shinjuku Minami Guchi and quite like it. I read that there are many branches but I can't find the store locator. Would like to find one near my hotel which is located at Tennozu Isle. I even read somewhere that there is a branch at Shinagawa. However, not a detailed description of the exact location.

Would anyone be able to help, please?

To, Mel

more
    • Transport from airport to hotel

Okinawa May 14, 2015 at 1:16 AM

My daughter is on the way to kinawa. She forgot her international License

more
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

Fushimi Inari Shrine and Nara from Kyoto with JR pass?

Kyoto May 20, 2015 at 2:47 PM

1)can we combine Fushimi Inari Shrine with Nara as a daytrip from Kyoto?
      2)we stay next to Kyoto station so what is the best train choice from considering we will have JR pass? (is it valid for this line?)

more
    • Rach&Jay's Profile Photo

3 Week Itinerary

Japan May 17, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Hi There. We are trying to lock down our 3 week holiday itinerary for Japan. We love food, mixing with the locals and the culture and seeing the different "styles" of any country we visit. This is what we are thinking:
      5 Nights in Tokoyo (with perhaps days trips to Hakone / Yokohama)
      3 Nights Takayama + 3 Nights Kanazawa + 3 Nights Kyoto + 3 Nights Osaka + 1 Night Koyosan (Buddhist Temple Stay) + 3 Nights Kobe
      I dont like to stay anywhere for less than 3 nights as we like to soak up the atmosphere and culture of a place
      Id love your thoughts on this current itinerary (proas / cons) or any alternate suggestions
      Thanks very much!
      Rachel

more
    • Tokyo-Hakone-Disney

Tokyo Apr 24, 2015 at 3:26 AM

Hi, I will be travelling to Tokyo with young kids. Is it too adventurous to try to go to Hakone and stay a night in a ryokan from Tokyo then come back the next day to check in to a Disney hotel? this is assuming I use Takuhaibin to send our baggage from the Tokyo hotel to Disney and then travel light to Hakone. Will it still be challenging with young kids?

Thanks for any advice!

more
    • Where to sleep

Japan May 15, 2015 at 3:24 AM

I'll be 24 days in Japan from 12/09 to 4/10.
      I plan to split it into 2 parts, staying half in Tokyo and half in Osaka or Kyoto or Kobe or Nagoya.
      Which place is the best for the second half?
      TIA.

more
    • I need an answer.

Tokyo Apr 30, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Hi, I am planning to visit Japan with my son who is 12. I am slightly worried after looking into it because of the many 'erootic' and rude things on display at shops right in the front door. Also as my son will want to visit game shops (He loves retro games and I gave him an old SEGA for his birthday). Should I worry?

more
    • 3tt3n3n's Profile Photo

6-day Osaka, Kyoto, Nara itinerary

Osaka Apr 28, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Good day everyone!
      Me and my 2 friends will be spending 6 days vacation in Osaka. A suggestion for a 6-day Osaka, Kyoto, Nara itinerary for late Nov to early Dec 2015 will be highly appreciated taking into consideration the best autumn colors.
      Thanks! And God bless!

more
    • BelsT's Profile Photo

Food supplements

Tokyo May 9, 2015 at 10:04 PM

Wil there be no problem at the airport if I bring my food supplements?

more
    • Looking for a cat in Tokyo

Tokyo Apr 27, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Where can I buy a reasonable cat or kitten in Tokyo?

more
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

10 days in Japan for the first time

Japan May 18, 2015 at 8:43 AM

we plan to visit Japan for the first time, most probably in late september for 10 full days but I'm confused a)how to create a good itinerary and b)how not to break the bank (I know japan is expensive so any reliable budget advise is highly appreciated)
      so,
      1)high on my list are TOKYO, KYOTO, NARA, HIROSHIMA, should we add more to those or 10 days is very pushing?
      how to do this starting from Osaka?
      2)we're flying into OSAKA(KIX, Kansai Intl) and fly out from TOKYO(NRT, Narita)
      does this make any sense or should we fly in/out from the same city?
      3)are those cities connected by the fast train?
      4)should we buy a Japan Rail Pass? it costs 29,110 yen (more than 210euro) for 7days. Or single tickets for train/buses will be cheaper for us?

more
    • BelsT's Profile Photo

Where to change yen?

Tokyo May 5, 2015 at 5:59 AM

I'll be bringing some yen when I go to Japan this month and just exchange my currency to yen when I'm already in Tokyo. Will this be easy to do? Or should I exchange more yen now? What about withdrawing from ATMs? I don't want to bring so much cash. Can I also use a debit card in paying for hotel, etc?

more