Iveland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Vuorji mountain and Lievnasjaure lake

Finnmark May 10, 2015 at 3:08 AM

My name is Nikki and I live in Amsterdam. I am planning a hiking trip this summer to northern Finnmark in Norway.

I read this book that really inspired me to go over there. I don't know if you have heard about it before, it is really popular in Holland. I believe in English it is called Beyond Sleep, by W.F. Hermans. It is about a scholar going on a fieldtrip in that area.

He starts in Skoganvarre, then heads West towards the Vuorji mountain and the Lievnasjaure lake. Then he goes south to Karasjok and I believe he follows a famous marked trail with small stones too.

I am looking for people with some experience in this area who might have information about these places, the hiking and camping itself and maybe if you know some local guides that can help me.

more
    • Kjerag open in May

Stavanger May 1, 2015 at 11:23 AM

Hi,

I wish to hike to Kjerag. I will be reaching Stavanger on 13th May. It is possible to do the hike then? if yes, then how to get there? Please help me with some info.

Thanks,
      Deepa

more
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Bergen for 2 days

Bergen Apr 29, 2015 at 10:02 PM

We are 9 of a family, including 1 Sr. Citizen 74 years, and 4 children (11, 12, 14, 18 year old).

Arrive in Bergen by flight from Stockholm on 1st June morning.

We are staying at the Scandic Strand hotel. Should we proceed for some sight seeing from the airport itself, before hotel check-in? How?

Do we book minibus / van with English speaking driver / Guide?

What do we do and see for the 2 days, 1st and 2nd June?

We will proceed for the Norway in a Nutshell experience on 3rd June morning. Reach Oslo at night.

How do we go about this (after booking online)?

I know that these are a lot of questions, but please do help.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Molde - motorcycle on hire

Norway Apr 26, 2015 at 1:04 PM

I want to ride from Molde to the Atlantic Ocean Road and return. Are motorbikes-on-hire available in Molde? If yes, could someone please share contact information or website details?
      Thanks

more
    • Ferries to Brekstad.

Brekstad May 20, 2015 at 10:18 AM

I am flying into Trondheim and have been told to take a ferry to Brekstad from that area. What ferries are available from Trondheim to Brekstad if I don't have a car? Thanks

more

2 ays tour Bergen

Bergen May 18, 2015 at 11:04 AM

We are 9 of us (including children) We arrive by morning flight into Bergen on 1st June. We want to go on a sight-seeng directly trip with drop off at hotel in late afternoon. Whom do I contact? Is this workable? What all do we do? We may face a problem as our hotel rooms may be not ready in morning. How do we

Any other Suggestions?

HOW?

more
    • Bus Bergen to Odda??

Odda May 18, 2015 at 4:07 AM

hy ! Does anyone know how much it costs the bus ticket from Bergen to Odda??

more
    • Driving from Bergen to Oslo

Bergen May 15, 2015 at 9:42 AM

We are a family of 3 and will fly in to Bergen in June. We will be staying 2 days in Bergen and we plan to rent a car to drive to Oslo to enjoy the wonderful scenery we heard about. Is it advisable to drive and any recommendation of cheap car rental company? We plan to stay 2 nights in between the journey to Oslo. Where would be a good place to stay over in the route to Oslo? Any advise will be appreciated.

more

Oslo for 1 night

Oslo Apr 29, 2015 at 10:13 PM

We are 9 of a family, including 1 Sr. Citizen 74 years, and 4 children (11, 12, 14, 18 year old).

Arrive in Oslo, after the Norway in a Nutshell experience on the 3rd June night. Hotel is Frogner Apartment House at Bygdoy Alle 53, Frogner.

How do we reach the hotel at night?? We will have to take the keys etc. from another nearby registration office of the Hotel/Apartment.

We have our flight departing for Dubai, at 14:30 from Oslo Airport, On 4th June. How much of Oslo can we see in the morning? We must reach by 12:00 I think to the airport. How do we go about this?

How and from where can we book a minibus / van with English speaking driver / guide to pick us up from hotel at about 7.30 / 8.00 am, take us around the city and drop us to airport by 12.00 /12.30??

What all can we see?

Please do help.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Remon9's Profile Photo

if the flight will delay where i will stay in Tromsø Airport

Norway Apr 28, 2015 at 12:16 PM

anyone can tel me that if the flight will delay like 12 hours or 1 days or more where i will stay in Tromsø Airport in the airport has residential hotel in inside or i have to book a hotel out of the Tromsø Airport?

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

How large is the train station at Bø, Telemark and can we rent a car there to drive to Seljord?

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Hello, we are considering visiting Seljord where our ancestors are from and we will be traveling from Oslo & I understand that Bø is the closest train station to Seljord. How large is the train station at Bø and can we rent a car there to drive to Seljord? Any thoughts and comments, suggestions are appreciated. I have looked on the internet but, can't find anything. Also, is there a hotel or B & B in or near Seljord or Bø?

more
    • Midsummer festival night, where to celebrate it best ? Please help !!

Norway May 22, 2015 at 4:23 AM

hello ,
      me and my family are coming from the Uk to celebrate midsummer night in Norway. Please tell me places to celebrated in a best way. We are with 4 years old child.

Looking forward to see your suggestions.

Thank you
      Sibel

more
    • Weather in Oslo in September

Oslo May 21, 2015 at 6:35 AM

What is the weather like in Oslo in September? Do we need to pack winter clothing? And does it rain often?

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Cruise to Alesund, Honnigsvag, Tromso, Geiranger, Olden & Bergen how much Norwegian should we have?

Norway Apr 30, 2015 at 4:34 PM

What is your wild Guesstimate/guess how much Norwegian Krone/per person we should have for these 6 cruise stops; Alesund, Honnigsvag, Tromso, Geiranger, Olden & Bergen in June? We will have credit cards for most of the significant purchases. I would think that the city tour buses and the like would take credit cards or not? I know it is difficult to answer though, all input and comments are greatly appreciated. We will likely be buying tourist items and stopping in a few pubs. I would think restaurants will take credit cards. When I have seen similar postings in the past, I thought how could anyone answer this question because how can estimate someones spending habits but, all VT comments are appreciated and possibly you have had this same experience. I don't want to insult locals by trying to use US dollars or do they take Euros?

more
    • Remon9's Profile Photo

Please advise me about the issue

Tromsø Apr 29, 2015 at 12:20 PM

Can i get help from you regarding information about Svalbard Norway my business college want to come from Bangladesh to Svalbard Norway but i was little confusion about visa i saw the Svalbard official website about the visa there no visa requirement but Norway is Schengen Area so if they come from Bangladesh they need visa or not? and if they transit on the Tromsø Airport the need the visa or they can fly without visa and also need to know they will face any problem to return there home country?

more
    • randyteh's Profile Photo

what is a better choice between Geiranger fiord and Norway in a nutshell

Geiranger May 5, 2015 at 3:54 AM

which is a better choice?

many thanks,

Randy

more
    • diosh's Profile Photo

Where are these craters?

Norway 8 hours ago

On holiday in Norway, many years ago, we came across a rocky area of deep craters, that we had to be very careful walking around! I have forgotten where they were. Does anyone know of them? Could have been on the island of Hvaler, or near Oppdahl? We also spent time near Lillehammer, but I doubt they were there.
      Photo of me and my sister peering down one in 1962!!

more
    • megscharpf's Profile Photo

Stavanger to Jotunheim!I itenerary help!.

Norway May 19, 2015 at 11:35 AM

June 6th -17th experienced hikers and kayakers... we plan to start near Stavanger coming from Oslo with a car can someone recommend the driving itinerary(where should we go first so we are not back tracking etc.. ) The Glacier hike in Jotunheim and besseggen also pulpit rock and trolltunga are top on our list... what should we add /cut ?? So hard,what about Sweden!? overwhelmed with amazing choices!! We will also have camping gear and plan to mix camping and guest houses
      Thank you!! any info much appreciated!

more
    • Myklebust, family farm, located near Haram in early 19th century. Any knowledge of it appreciated.

Møre og Romsdal May 7, 2015 at 1:23 PM

Visiting the Møre og Romsdal area in early June. Have traced family genealogy to Agerøsand, Haram, Fraena, and Aukra. Would enjoy meeting residents who know history of area in the 1800s. Do you know about Myklebust farm?

more
    • How to get to Flam from Bergen after 17:15 on June 24, 2015

Bergen May 11, 2015 at 9:12 AM

How to get to Flam from Bergen after 17:15 on June 24, 2015

more
    • randyteh's Profile Photo

norway in a nutshell

Norway May 4, 2015 at 10:40 AM

can it be a lot cheaper to book the oslo to Myrdal train, flam railway,fiordcruise from Flam,bus from gudvangen and train from Voss to Bergen myself and if cheaper can you suggest how.

more