Ivalo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• rovaniemi airport

Rovaniemi Jan 17, 2016 at 2:12 PM

How long does it take to clear customs at the airport.

more
    • Transportation from Rovaniemi->Pello->Kiruna

Rovaniemi Jan 14, 2016 at 9:21 AM

I want to travel from Rovaniemi to Kiruna on 16 or 17/3/2016 (Sat or Sun).
      But I can't find there is any suitable bus on Sat or Sun on internet.
      Can anyone help?

more
    • time to get through customs at rovaniemi aiport

Rovaniemi Jan 17, 2016 at 2:01 PM

I am arriving at rovaniemi airport at 16:20. I want to catch the ski bus to Luosto.I only have 20mins. to get through customs. WillI have enough time to do this.

more
    • coanne's Profile Photo

Lapland trip (end Oct - early Nov 2016)

Rovaniemi Jan 14, 2016 at 3:39 PM

Hi VT-ers! We are planning a trip to catch the Northern Lights and hopefully some activities like ice fishing, snowmobil, reindeer farm visit and husky rides around Oct-Nov. And then we realise it may be too early to be snowing at this period. Unfortunately this seems to be the only time we can visit.

We still wanna visit Santa Claus Village... Is that different from Santa's Park? Secondly would Rovaniemi be the right hub for us to do all these activities at this time? Or should we travel further north? If so, what is the best way to move from town to town?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

more
    • lampadina65's Profile Photo

shopping in our travel

by lampadina65 Online Now Dec 10, 2015 at 1:18 PM

the are possible to do shop in Ivalo?

2 Answers Dec 12, 2015 at 2:58 AM
    • Ivalo to Kirkenes transport via Bus

by dharmin85 Online Now Sep 5, 2015 at 3:06 PM

Does anyone know if there is any mode of transportation to Kirkeness from Ivalo.?
      I went through pasvikturist.no and they are very expensive.

I found the deal on pasvikturist.no from Ivalo hotel to Kirkenes Hurtigruten harbour pick up is 3600 NOK for 1-4 persons. We are two people only so does anyone going on 1st October from Ivalo to Kirkenes? If yes then it would be cheaper as they are charging anyway for upto four people and we are two only.

Please contact me here and also if anyone has an idea of alternate way of transport please let me know..

5 Answers Sep 10, 2015 at 4:32 AM
    • Amer23's Profile Photo

Activities on november

by Amer23 Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Hi.
      I planning to go saariselka on november.what activities I can do on that time?

7 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 9:25 AM
    • Ivalo and nearby

by ale25ale Online Now Aug 14, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Hi,
      we are staying in Helsinki and would like to go to Lapland. At the beginning we wanted to go to Ivalo and then rent a car till North Capp but at this moment this is impossible due to the high costs that this trip would have.
      So we are thinking about flying till Ivalo and then do something there: are there any bus connection to parks, citys or something nearby?
      If we don't rent a car how can we move above there?
      And do you think that the last week end of august will be good to see the northern lights?
      thank you in advance

1 Answer Aug 14, 2009 at 12:24 PM
    • Accomodation in Saariselka (Lapland)

by lmadank Online Now Aug 6, 2008 at 8:42 AM

I am a student who would like to attend a conference in the Saariselkä resort, close to the Ivalo airport.
      Would someone please recommend me low priced accomodation for 1 person between 7 and 11 September 2008 (4 nights) near Saariselkä

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 17, 2008 at 12:35 AM
    • how to get to ivalo

by peggy121357 Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 10:57 PM

i would like to know how can i get to ivalo from rovaniemi? i will get there on next year Feb

and also i would like to know how can i get to norway from ivalo?

2 Answers Nov 13, 2006 at 11:27 AM
    • Visitor_from_Germany's Profile Photo

Accomodation near Ivalo

by Visitor_from_Germany Online Now Jan 11, 2005 at 4:30 AM

Has anybody a recommendation for low priced accomodation for 2 persons, march 11 - 16 2005 (5 nights) near Ivalo? Saariselka is also very much appreciated. Is it reasonable to visit the North Cape from Ivalo in a one-day-trip?

2 Answers Jan 11, 2005 at 7:17 AM