change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Pascom01's Profile Photo

Wellington Boots and Snow and Ice

Rovaniemi Apr 9, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Hi, are Wellington boots sensible footwear during December/January in Rovaniemi. they are obviously waterproof but will they be warm enough (with socks and the like of course). I suspect they would be slippery on snow, would that be correct? Or should I look at other waterproof footwear - We are coming from Australia and I have never had to consider this in the past - Thanks and Regards -- Malcolm

more
    • Best time to Visit

Rovaniemi Apr 6, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Hi,
      We are from Malaysia (tropical weather all year round) and planning to visit Scandinavia this year.
      My kids are big fans of Santa Claus and they have seen the photos of Rovaniemi and they want to visit Rovaniemi for sure.
      May I know what is the best time to visit Rovaniemi that we get to see snow and Santa Claus?
      Considering we are from Tropical countries, is it tough to adapt to the cold weather there?
      What's the best mode of transportation?
      When it snows, is it still possible to travel by flight?
      Hope to get your reply as we need to start planning our vacation soon!

Many thanks!

more
    • Pascom01's Profile Photo

Driving in Rovaniemi in Winter

Rovaniemi Apr 9, 2014 at 3:48 AM

We are an Australian family of 8 spending a white Xmas in Rovaniemi from 20/12/14 to 27/12/14. Considering hiring cars as we have booked accommodation at Muurola. Given the time of the year, can you still drive around or is the area snowbound. do you need chains. is hiring cars possible/sensible? - regards Malcolm

more
    • Amer23's Profile Photo

Activities on november

by Amer23 Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Hi.
      I planning to go saariselka on november.what activities I can do on that time?

7 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 9:25 AM
    • Ivalo and nearby

by ale25ale Online Now Aug 14, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Hi,
      we are staying in Helsinki and would like to go to Lapland. At the beginning we wanted to go to Ivalo and then rent a car till North Capp but at this moment this is impossible due to the high costs that this trip would have.
      So we are thinking about flying till Ivalo and then do something there: are there any bus connection to parks, citys or something nearby?
      If we don't rent a car how can we move above there?
      And do you think that the last week end of august will be good to see the northern lights?
      thank you in advance

1 Answer Aug 14, 2009 at 12:24 PM
    • Accomodation in Saariselka (Lapland)

by lmadank Online Now Aug 6, 2008 at 8:42 AM

I am a student who would like to attend a conference in the Saariselkä resort, close to the Ivalo airport.
      Would someone please recommend me low priced accomodation for 1 person between 7 and 11 September 2008 (4 nights) near Saariselkä

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 17, 2008 at 12:35 AM
    • how to get to ivalo

by peggy121357 Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 10:57 PM

i would like to know how can i get to ivalo from rovaniemi? i will get there on next year Feb

and also i would like to know how can i get to norway from ivalo?

2 Answers Nov 13, 2006 at 11:27 AM
    • Visitor_from_Germany's Profile Photo

Accomodation near Ivalo

by Visitor_from_Germany Online Now Jan 11, 2005 at 4:30 AM

Has anybody a recommendation for low priced accomodation for 2 persons, march 11 - 16 2005 (5 nights) near Ivalo? Saariselka is also very much appreciated. Is it reasonable to visit the North Cape from Ivalo in a one-day-trip?

2 Answers Jan 11, 2005 at 7:17 AM