Italy Travel Answers

change location
domenicococozza's Profile Photo

Christmas restaurants in Palermo

by domenicococozza Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Hi all,
My wife and I have just booked a 5 night break over Christmas 2013 in Palermo, Sicily.
We are staying at Grand Hotel et Des Palmes on Via Roma, but could use some help please, finding good restaurants that are open over this period, hopefully, within walking distance.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • lichinga's Profile Photo

Re: Christmas restaurants in Palermo

by lichinga Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Formal: Cucine Papoff - www.cucinapapoff.it
    Popular: Osteria lo Bianco - www.osterialobianco.it
    Small gem: www.gigimangia.com
    Traditional re-styled: Sant'Andrea - www.ristorantesantandrea.eu
    Old recipes: Altri Tempi - www.trattoriaaltritempi.it

All of them great, among many others.

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 2:29 PM

They have a lovely restaurant at your hotel. Have you checked Christmas dinner with them? We stay home at Christmas but have friends who always travel and they nearly always have holiday dinner at their hotel. Hotels almost have to serve on a holiday if they want guests.

I'm sure you'll get answers here a bit later (time zone difference), but until you do, type Palermo into the VT Search Window above and then check links on the left for Restaurants. There will be many recommended by VT members and you can look at those while you wait.

Good luck and have a nice holiday. BTW, there's a beautiful cathedral up the hill in Monreale if you have a chance to get up there.

2 members found this helpful

• domenicococozza's Profile Photo

by domenicococozza Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Thanks to both of you.
    I take the point about Monreale, and I've visited the cathedral many times..
    We usually stay outside Palermo in Porticello, but this will be our first time staying in the city centre.
    We are OK with places to visit, but neither of us know the best places to eat in the city.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

by oriettaIT Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Hello Domenico, we are foodie and we had a blast at Osteria Lo Bianco! I am not sure it will be open Christmas day but you can always give them a call.
    here my review: Osteria lo Bianco: "Palermo traditional" - Palermo Restaurant Tip by oriettaIT
    Happy travel!

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Italy Travel Answer Locations