Italy Travel Answers

change location

travel insurance

by cruiselady Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Going on a river cruise then spending a few weeks in Italy. Any suggestions on which travel insurance company others have used and comments.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • loksch's Profile Photo

Re: travel insurance

by loksch Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I am not certain that they are anywhere but Canada but, we have used very a company by the name of TravelGuard whenever we travel. Their rates are competitive and their service is excellent. You can get to them through any registered travel agent.
    Take Care

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

by goodfish Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Ditto for TravelGuard: our travel agent (when we use her) buys that one herself.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 12:14 AM

It would help members give suggestions if you could tell us where you live. Not all companies cover all countries.

• markschaaf's Profile Photo

by markschaaf Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I am from the US and have use Travel Guard many times. They have a good website and you can customize your insurance plan. For myself I had older parents who weren't in the greatest of health and never knew when something would happen that could stop me from traveling. I don't remember being able to customize that kind of thing on line and think I had to call them but you should be able to come up with pretty much anything you want.

• goodfish's Profile Photo

by goodfish Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Do read what the different policies cover carefully though: most travel policies do not cover known, pre-exisiting conditions. This includes having to cancel your trip due to the illness of a family member with a pre-existing condition. If you're concerned about this type of event, you'll want to be cautious to buy a policy with that sort of coverage.

(I'm speaking strictly as an American here)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Italy Travel Answer Locations