Italy Travel Answers

change location
Induc's Profile Photo

Rome in late hours

by Induc Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Me and my husband are travelling to rome via Easyjet flight which is scheduled to arrive around 21:15 hours in Fumicino Airport. I wish to travel to Termini area. How much time it will take to collect luggage and come out of air port. By what time we can expect to reach Termini.

I hope by 23:00 hrs we should be able to reach Termini. Is it safe to reach Termini at this late hour.

What happens if flight is delayed. How is track record of Easyjet flight timings.

Can any one suggest a budget hotel or B & B near Termini station who would accept passengers at late hours
Induc

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • o_henna's Profile Photo

Re: Rome in late hours

by o_henna Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 8:42 PM

The Rome termini station are safe even in late night. From airport to termini is approx 40 min.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • o_henna's Profile Photo

by o_henna Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Just opposite to termini station is a B&B ,costin about € 45 to 50.

• Re: Rome in late hours

by xichlo66 Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Hi
    mach 2 hotel - 3 Star, Superior First Class Traditional Hotel
    VIA PORTUENSE 2465
    FIUMICINO
    Fiumicino 00054
    LAZIO Italy
    Standard room : 86 $ us/ 1 night / BF

Xichlo

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 1:40 AM

First of all, don't worry about safety. There is absolutely no need. Central Rome is busy with people and traffic right up to midnight (and beyond) and Termini station is very well-policed.

If you are arriving from outside the Schengen area (e.g. from the UK) you can expect to be landside at FCO around 2215 ish, maybe earlier if there are few other flights landing at the same time.

Taking the Leonardo Express train from the airport station (well-signed within the terminals) is the most expensive way to travel, but is efficient and speedy. You are unlikely to catch the 2208 (though you might) and the next departure is 2238 (arr 2310).

Alternatively, Terravision have a bus leaving FCO at 2300 (arriving Termini at 2345):

terravision.eu/rome_fiumicin...

and Sitbus also have a service (including a bus at 2220, which you might be able to catch):

sitbusshuttle.com/en/fiumici...

There are also fixed rate taxis from FCO to hotels within the Aurelian Walls. Map here:

comune.roma.it/PCR/resources...

Be careful if you choose to take a taxi: not all of the Termini area is within the Aurelian Walls.

The vast majority of central Rome hotels will accept guests at late hours, especially if you notify them in advance of your arrival time. Have a look at the reliable www.booking.com for places to stay near Terrmini..it's a site used by many VT-ers. I can personally recommend the Hotel Domus Praetoria:

"A real find" - Hotel Domus Praetoria Tip by leics

Easyjet, like all European budget carriers, has very good reliability stats. The reason for this is simple: the airline has to pay if it misses its 'slot', so they endeavour not to do so. I have flown many times with Easyjet (including to Rome) and have always been very impressed. Don't expect mainstream service....it's a budget carrier...but the airline is safe, comfortable enough and will get you where you want to go.

If your flight is delayed ...well, if you are flying within the EU or on an EU-based airline (such as Easyjet) then EU rules mean you will be covered for food vouchers etc. I see absolutely no reason for you to look for a hotel in Fiumicino itself.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Italy Travel Answer Locations