Italy Travel Answers

change location
doraem66's Profile Photo

Does FLorence has any pass for transpotation and Museum?

by doraem66 Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Something like Roma Pass which allow us have free entry to sights and transportation in certain days?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Does FLorence has any pass for transpotation and Museum?

by davidjo Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Yes, The Firenze Card allows one free entrance to museums and historical suites and is valid for 72 hours with free transport. The site will explain everything that you want to know.

http://www.firenzecard.it/?lang=en">http://www.firenzecard.it/?lang=en

3 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

by goodfish Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 3:00 AM

David has given you the link to the Firenze card but I might throw in another option?

We found Florence to be very walkable: not a lot of need for public transport. Depending on how long you'll be in the city and time you have to see the attractions, you might take a look at the Friends of the Uffizi card? That one doesn't include transport but does allow you as many visits as you desire to as many of the attractions it covers. This can be very nice if wanting to, say, visit the Uffizi or Pitti Palace (a very large collection of museums) multiple times.

My write-up here:

"Tourist Passes: to buy or not to buy?" - Florence Things to Do Tip by goodfish

2 members found this helpful

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 4:59 AM

Another option is the Hop On bus in Firenze. It leaves just outside SMN station every 30 mins .Especially if you want to see the outer parts of the city. We used it and loved visiting Piazza Michelangelo (best city views) and Fiesole, and hilltop town which was very interesting

Have a read of this link:

Be the first to rate this answer!

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I agree with Goodfish. I have not yet found a city card (they are commonplace in Europe) which is financially worthwhile for me.

Central historical Florence is very small and very walkable. Unless your accommodation is way outside that central area it is very unlikely indeed that you will use a bus other than to go up to Piazza Michaelangelo, perhaps, or maybe to Fiesole. And bus fares are very reasonable indeed (can't recall exactly, but less than 2 euro each way).

I suggest you check through the free entrances the Firenze Card offers:

firenzecard.it/index.php?opt...">firenzecard.it/index.php?opt...

and check whether its 50 euro cost will be worth the savings you make for the places you intend to visit. I'd suggest you ignore the transport element, because you are unlikely to need much of that at all.

Remember that all these cards need to make a profit on their sales...and they do.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 1:31 PM

lynnehamman wrote:

Another option is the Hop On bus in Firenze. It leaves just outside SMN station every 30 mins .Especially if you want to see the outer parts of the city. We used it and loved visiting Piazza Michelangelo (best city views) and Fiesole, and hilltop town which was very interesting

Have a read of this link:

Sorry I forgot to add the link!  city-discovery.com/florence/...">city-discovery.com/florence/...

1 member found this helpful

• doraem66's Profile Photo

by doraem66 Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM

50euro is quite expensive comparing to Roma Pass.
    Think we will give this a miss since we will not be visiting too much of museum.

Thanks everyone here!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Italy Travel Answer Locations