Italy Travel Answers

change location
doraem66's Profile Photo

Do I need to book bus in advance?

by doraem66 Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Will be travelling from Matera to Rome in August taking midnight bus by marozzivt.

Do I need to buy the bus ticket in advance or I can just buy on the day itself?

Thankyou!

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Do I need to book bus in advance?

by mccalpin Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 6:29 AM

I have not taken this bus, but I believe that there is no standing allowed, which means that the bus can sell out. If it is critical that you be in this particular bus, then, yes, I would advise buying the ticket in advance, on the off chance that the bus may fill up, and you be forced to spend another night in Matera.

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • doraem66's Profile Photo

by doraem66 Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Thanks Bill! For this website, I can make payment and print it out to board the bus?

Or can I buy the bus ticket in other towns/ city when I reached Italy?

by mccalpin Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM

From looking at the website, it looks like you can buy the ticket online. However, there are travel agencies around Italy that sell Marozzi bus tickets as well...it looks like a couple of dozen in Rome, for example.

In what city do you think you'd want to buy the tickets? I'll look it up for you after lunch...

Bill

1 member found this helpful

by doraem66 Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Million thanks!! I will be heading bologna, florence, siena, sorrento, naples before matera.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I agree with Bill. As Marozzi offer advance online ticketing it makes sense for you to either buy through their site or find a travel agency which sells Marozzi tickets and get a ticket in advance.

Buses can and do fill up, so I wouldn't advise you to risk just turning up for the bus without a ticket.

There is a whole range of agencies which will sell you tickets in Naples. To find them go to:

http://www.marozzivt.it/web.aspx

and click 'Informazioni Marozzi'. Then click 'Le agenzie' tab on the new page. That will give you a map of Italy: hover over the map and click Campania and then NA to the right to see a list of all Marozzi ticketing agencies in Naples...and SA for the one agency in Sorrento.

You can do the same for Toscana (Tuscany) with FI for Florence and SI for Siena, and for Emilia Romagna (BO for Bologna).

2 members found this helpful

by mccalpin Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM

OK, leics has given you the "how-to" to get the names of the travel agencies in given towns...try it out and see if this works for you...if not, come back and we'll walk through it...

Bill

1 member found this helpful

by doraem66 Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Thanks Leics and Mccalpin!
    I got it:)

by doraem66 Online Now Apr 18, 2013 at 11:56 AM

After I book from Marozzivt website, they will send me an email confirmation?
    Do I just show the printed email to the bus conductor or do I need to pick up the bus ticket?

Thank you.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Apr 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I have not made an online booking with Marozzi. You will certainly get an email confirmation which you should print out.

I doubt if you will need to actually collect another ticket, but if there is any information about that it will be contained in the confirmation email. The email is likely to be in Italian so you should use an online translator or ask here. Hopefully Bill (mccalpin) or another Italian speaker will be able to help out.

i've just found an online 'booklet' in pdf which tells you about how to buy Marozzi tickets online:

marozzivt.it/download/manual...

It shows you the type of email voucher you will receive. It's bar-coded and the text says you present the original email on boarding the vehicle.

by doraem66 Online Now Apr 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Will do that. Thanks Leics!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Italy Travel Answer Locations