Travel Answers
Itä-Suomi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kerimäki Church open in August and exact Adress for Navigation Sys.

Kerimäki Aug 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Hey, we are king to visit the church. Do you know if August is still supposed to be summer schedule for the church opening hours and which address we should put in the NAVI system? Thanks so much, Björn

2 Answers Aug 8, 2013 at 12:20 AM
    • Restaurants

Savonlinna Sep 25, 2011 at 12:56 PM

How many places to dine in the month of October in savolinna.,,

2 Answers Oct 14, 2011 at 2:15 AM
    • Veg-friendly restaurants??

Savonlinna May 1, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Hi, I'm going to Savonlinna for 3 weeks this July for a Finnish language course. I'm vegan and I was wondering if anyone knows about veg-friendly restaurants in Savonlinna. Am I pretty much out of luck? Should I just stick to buying veggies at the market square?

1 Answer Jun 15, 2011 at 10:31 AM
    • Natalya2006's Profile Photo

Winter activities in Mikkeli

Mikkeli Nov 15, 2009 at 7:58 AM

Where can we try winter activities near Mikkeli:
      1. Rent skis, sledges
      2. Try hasky-safary (for 1-2 hours, short trip)
      3. Moto-safary (short trip)
      4. Other suggestions

Thanks in advance for the reply.

3 Answers Nov 20, 2009 at 6:40 AM
    • samra40's Profile Photo

From Joensuu North by Train

Joensuu May 9, 2008 at 12:44 PM

Hi,

Can someone please tell me what is the best way to go from Joensuu Northward by train, preferably a night train? I want to go to cross the border and go to Narvik in Norway. I understand that I need to take a bus or Ferry(?) around Kemi. I have seen schedule of trains arriving in Joensuu, but not departing to go north. I will be traveling June 5-9, then heading to Oslo, where I must be on June 12.

Thanks for your help. I will be traveling alone and this is my first trip traveling with a Eurail pass in Europe, so every help is appreciated.

Also, any suggestion of budget accomodations along the way are welcome.

Thanks,

Iara

8 Answers May 17, 2008 at 12:44 AM
    • Hotels in Kuopio

Kuopio Jun 28, 2007 at 5:34 AM

Hi!

I'm planning to visit Kuopio in August. I will spend three days there and I would like to know if someone could recomend me a cheap hotel/hostel. I've checked up a couple but I didn't get a really good impression. Any ideas?

Also: What is the weather like at the end of August?

And could also someone recomend me activities or things I could visit during my stay in Kuopio?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Natalia.

4 Answers Aug 9, 2007 at 3:56 AM
    • mouse388's Profile Photo

tattoo salons

Kuopio Apr 7, 2007 at 1:54 PM

Hi
      Are there any tattoo salons in Kuopio?? As we're going to stay in Kuopio for few days in june I thought it would be great opportunity to eventually get myself a tattoo... :)
      Thanks for your help
      RM

2 Answers Apr 22, 2007 at 2:03 PM
    • boats kuopio savonlinna, cheap way of visiting lakes!

Kuopio Aug 9, 2006 at 3:57 AM

I want to see some of the wonderful lakes of this area. I am pretty sure I will be in Kuopio-since I found a cheap flight!). So I wonder if savonlinna by itself worths it, or if the interesting part is just getting there from the lakes.
      On the other hand, I am very interested in knowing if there is comething cheap that allows me to visit the lake; I mean that I found many cruises, using the following link...
      savonlinnatravel.com/en/inde...
      ...but I m looking for something cheaper. actually I am not exactly looking for a cruise, but a regular boat or any other way of sailing in the lake, and I dont care if they offer me food, music or tours guided, because thats not what I m looking for.
      Thanks so much for your help, any info will be useful for me (since I have no idea!!)

10 Answers Aug 10, 2006 at 5:38 AM
    • number of people

Kitee Aug 7, 2006 at 4:44 AM

how many people are there in kitee?
      some sites say about 10.000 and others about 4000! it makes a big difference!

3 Answers Aug 9, 2006 at 5:27 AM
    • Anjutka's Profile Photo

How to come by Public Transport from Vesanto to Tampere

Vesanto Jul 22, 2006 at 4:25 PM

The distance between Vesanto and Tampere is only 264 km and Vesanto is not nothing (at least it has a church, a school and a disco - I know, for the complete definition of a Finnish city an ALKO would be needed, too) and Tampere is the biggest inland city of all Northic countries and 264 km are not an exotic distance in Finland. Is there any Public Transport between these two places the way that Tampere (or its airport) could be reached from Vesanto the same day until 16:00? Please dont tell me about hitchhiking or taxi - I mean normal Public Transport as expected in one of the best civilized countries in the world. The only thing I found so far is that in a distance of 55 km is the train station of Suonenjoki where the trains to Helsinki (with changes to Tampere at Pieksaemaeki) stop every second hour - but no evidence of any Public Transport between Vesanto and Suonenjoki). But what for example are people from Vesanto doing if they want to travel either to Tampere or to the capital Helsinki on Public Transport?? Bus pages like Matkahuolto did not help me at all. Please help me! Otherwise I can not longer believe that Finland is a civilized country with an adequate infrastructure.

• mirko77's Profile Photo

Suvi Holmström & Mari Kaija design items in Helsinki

Kuopio Jul 3, 2006 at 1:11 PM

Does anybody know of shops in Helsinki that would sell items made by Suvi Holmström & Mari Kaija who opened their shop called "Kaiho-putiikki" in Kuopio?

They make clothes and accessories with different prints (e.g. Kekkonen)

Thank you!
      Mirko

1 Answer Oct 22, 2006 at 12:17 PM
    • No car in Finland

Itä-Suomi Jun 11, 2006 at 1:30 PM

In late August, we're travelling by bus from Helsinki to Savonlinna. We're planning to rent a cottage for a weekend in some place near Savonlinna, however, we're not having car and we're concern about the transport between Savonlinna and the cotagge. Is there any alternative to the automobile?

Thanks

1 Answer Jun 14, 2006 at 4:23 AM
    • Need High Speed internet

Itä-Suomi Apr 30, 2006 at 6:36 PM

Hi, We will be in Finland in Central East Part between Uusikarlepyy and Oulu... We must have high speed internet access. How can we get it?

Thank you.

1 Answer May 1, 2006 at 2:09 AM
    • Need High Speed internet

Itä-Suomi Apr 30, 2006 at 5:59 PM

Hi, We will be in Finland in Central East Part between Uusikarlepyy and Oulu... We must have high speed internet access. How can we get it?

Thank you.

1 Answer May 6, 2006 at 3:24 PM
    • First time in Finland

Savonlinna Mar 13, 2006 at 10:21 AM

Hi,
      We will be driving from Goteborg to Stockholm and take the night ferry to Turku. From there we intend to visit Naantali and Tammissarri on our way to Helsinki. After a couple of days in Helsinki we want to drive to Savonlinna via Provo and Lappeenranta. We leave our car in Savonlinna and want to take boat ride to Kuopio. We stay overnight, enjoy the Sauna' visit the town and take public transport back to Savonlinna. We overnight in Savonlinna, pickup the car and head to Helsinki Harbor to take a Ferry to Kallinn. We need advise, comments on this trip plan and suggestions on accomodation and things to do and particularly about the boat trip and trip back to Savonlinna.
      Thank you. Zeeman

1 Answer Mar 15, 2006 at 3:07 PM
    • Helsinki-Kuopio-Oulu-Helsinki

Kuopio Jul 21, 2005 at 5:52 AM

This summer I will go to Finland. What I want to see is Helsinki and some Finland forests, cliffs, lakes and Kuopio too. I need information about cheapest tickets to Kuopio (train or bus).And then from Kuopio to Oulu and then from Oulu to helsinki. And I want to know- are araund kuopio is many lakes and forests?

4 Answers Aug 2, 2005 at 11:22 AM
    • lotharlerch's Profile Photo

How to come from Vesanto to Storlien /Trondheim on 11 August

Vesanto Aug 5, 2004 at 7:48 AM

Vesanto is in the middle of nowhere, on my werb search I found that its only connection by public transport to the world is - according to the web - a bus line to Kuopio but that is definitely the wrong way because this way it would be train to Turku, boat to Stockholm and then train via Östersund to Storlien and Trondheim. Is there a better way covered by public transport? The problem is that I do not see hoiw the Vaasa - Umea ferry on 11 August (leaving 15:00) could be reached from Vesanto - or teh one leaving on 12 August at 9:00? And the ferries do not arrivbe in Umea but in Holmsund - is there any reasonable public transport right from the ferry to Umea city to reach the copnnections (with numerous changes, of course) to Storlien or Trondheim?

4 Answers Aug 9, 2004 at 4:51 AM
    • Whether in Juuka

Juuka Jun 24, 2004 at 4:31 AM

Hej, I am going to spend a week in a cottage in Juuka starting mid August. What is wether like this time of the year. Swimming posibilities, picking mushrooms and berries? boleslaw

1 Answer Jun 28, 2004 at 12:41 AM
    • about mikkeli

Mikkeli Jun 4, 2004 at 6:21 AM

I'll be studying IT at Mikkeli Polytechnic for one year from this summer. I wonder more information about the town and the school. It is better to send me some pictures.

7 Answers May 5, 2008 at 4:06 AM
    • Gemi_7's Profile Photo

Is Mikkeli a good place for summer holidays?

Mikkeli Mar 14, 2004 at 12:07 AM

Hi, my name is Alya. I'm from Saint-Petersburg. I'm going to Mikkeli(Finland) for studying in its uni in summer. It's a summer programme. I'm interested if it's nice place... What else can i do there apart from studying? THank you Alya.

6 Answers Apr 22, 2004 at 1:54 AM