Istria

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Car rental and lighthouse

Pula 2 hours ago

I am trying to decide whether we (2 people) will rent a car in Pula for a day or just take the bus from Pula to Rovinj. Can anyone (preferably who has actually rented from a local company, not just someone who knows of one) give me any advice on who to rent from? I don't want to have to go to the airport to rent; I want something in center city. Also, is there anything to look out for? Do you think we'll understand enough to be able to read the rental contract? Are there companies that don't require you to put any more down in advance that you can't get back if you change your mind?

I mostly just want to go to Rovinj, a little down on the Verudela (spelling?) peninsula and then Pula.

Also, does anyone know anything about the lighthouse at the bottom of the peninsula? Do you have to go through a private community to get to it? Can anyone just go there to take pictures? I know the inside is probably not open, but I'm fine with that. Thanks.

more
    • Car rental and lighthouse

Pula 2 hours ago

I am trying to decide whether we (2 people) will rent a car in Pula for a day or just take the bus from Pula to Rovinj. Can anyone (preferably who has actually rented from a local company, not just someone who knows of one) give me any advice on who to rent from? I don't want to have to go to the airport to rent; I want something in center city. Also, is there anything to look out for? Do you think we'll understand enough to be able to read the rental contract? Are there companies that don't require you to put any more down in advance that you can't get back if you change your mind?

I mostly just want to go to Rovinj, a little down on the Verudela (spelling?) peninsula and then Pula.

Also, does anyone know anything about the lighthouse at the bottom of the peninsula? Do you have to go through a private community to get to it? Can anyone just go there to take pictures? I know the inside is probably not open, but I'm fine with that. Thanks.

• Tennis umag

Umag Apr 24, 2015 at 8:52 AM

Can you pay by the hour to play tennis at umag tennis academy

2 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 5:54 PM
    • best venice day trip advice?

Porec Apr 17, 2015 at 9:06 AM

Im due to stay in porec at the end of may 2015 and would like to take a day trip to venice. Is there a best way? Any offers? How far is the port from hotel laguna in porec? Any advice or help, thanks.

7 Answers Apr 18, 2015 at 6:01 AM
    • Holiday apartment or villa

Pula Apr 6, 2015 at 2:04 AM

We are looking to visit Pula from 5th - 12th September. We are looking for an apartment or villa to rent in the Pula area.
      Ideally we would like a pool and wifi connection.
      We would be grateful for any suggestions
      Many thanks
      Dean
      London

1 Answer Apr 10, 2015 at 9:11 AM
    • Lighthouse

Rovinj Jan 13, 2015 at 6:43 AM

Is there a way to get out to the lighthouse near Rovinj? Do any boats go out there, or around or past that little island?

2 Answers Jan 13, 2015 at 8:14 AM
    • Jerelis's Profile Photo

Name of the restaurant

Pula Nov 11, 2014 at 12:21 AM

I want to write a tip about a nice little restuarant in the city of Pula, but can't remember the name of the place. It is situated right at the corner of the two streets Uspon Consula Istranina and Kandlerova ul. Can anybody help me?

11 Answers Nov 19, 2014 at 6:47 AM
    • Late night transportation

Porec Oct 23, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Hi, (possibly reposting, not sure if my question went through earlier) I'm hoping to stay in porec old town next summer with friends and we will be going to the byblos club during our stay, just wondering if theres any transportation back to the old town after midnight and rough idea of the cost?

• Phone stores in Rovinj

Rovinj Aug 9, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I'm visiting Croatia next month and Rovinj is my first stop. Is there a shop in town where I can purchase a SIM card for my iPhone? Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

3 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 5:52 AM
    • Nightlife around Istria

Rovinj Aug 8, 2014 at 2:45 PM

I am travelling to Rovinj Istria to go to a festival. We are going over a few days before the festival starts so we are looking for a town/city that would accomadate a group of young people in their 20's that want to go out in a place full of nightclubs and good bars. We are willing to go anywhere around the Istria region travelling should not be a problem.

2 Answers Aug 9, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • Town with clubs and lively nightlife

Rovinj Aug 8, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I am travelling to Rovinj Istria to go to a festival. We are going over a few days before the festival starts so we are looking for a town/city that would accomadate a group of young people in their 20's.

4 Answers Aug 9, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    • Best way to travel?

Pula Jul 25, 2014 at 3:14 AM

I am going to Croatia in September for Outlook festival but I am coming a few days early as the flight is cheaper and we wanted to look around a bit first. We are flying into Rijeka airport as the flights are cheaper which I believe is on the island of krk on the 31st of aug. We wanted to either stay on the island for the night and the next day travel to the island of Pag and then back to Pula by evening of the 2nd of aug.

Do you think its worth even staying in Rijeka at all or going straight to Pag? Also what is the quickest/cheapest option to get from Rijeka to Pula? I hear there is a bus but does anyone know long it takes/how much it is?

2 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 7:41 PM
    • Wimdu and co - 90% cancellation fees!!!

Pula Jul 21, 2014 at 5:30 AM

We have booked an accomodation in Pula, Croatia through http://www.wimdu.at/. Unfortunately we had to cancel it.
      The site conditions are that we're getting 100% the money back up to two days before check -in and 80% if less than 2days. Imagine the surprise when we received a sheet telling us they charge us 90% for cancellation. Of course we called support for explanation and he said , well these fees are retained by their partner ( Holiday Home) that we are working with. And by maikng the reservation we've agreed with ours aswell as their conditions. As usual nobody's fault wemust have missed reading something written in small letters. I feel taken for a fool and robbed. Anyone had similar experience? My husband went today to the Arbeiterkammer. Let's see what it will bring.

9 Answers Oct 3, 2014 at 12:38 AM
    • ziewoman's Profile Photo

Walking from bus station to Hotel Park

Rovinj Jul 16, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Will I be able to walk from the Rovinj bus station to the Hotel Park along the coast? Google Maps is suggesting walking via Ul Maltea Benussia/Fontana/Zagrebacka/Luje Adamovica to Ul Ivana Matetica Ronjgova but says the route may be missing sidewalks or paths.

3 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 4:32 AM
    • Porec to Ljubljana - direct transport

Porec Jul 2, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Hi
      Searched the following website for buses between Porec departing 18:10 to Ljubljana arriving 20:43 (30441)
      and note there are 2 buses scheduled per day both too late for me.

balkanviator.com/en/bus-time...

Also found the following and it has too many chages of buses/trains:

Depart Poreč, Bus station 08:15, arrive Pazin, Bus station 08:50 (14204 )

Depart Pazin 10:22, arrive Lupoglav 10:51 (S-Bahn)

Depart Lupoglav 15:10 arrive Buzet 15:28 ( S-Bahn)

Depart Buzet 16:00 arrive Divaca 16:47( R 7704)

Depart Divaca 16:55 arrive Ljubljana 18:40 (R 2615)

Are there more direct option in the morning by bus?

Thanks

3 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 3:18 AM
    • travel from pula or rovigne to levade and back on the same day

Pula Jun 21, 2014 at 6:07 AM

what is the best way to get to levade from either rovigne or from pula, how long does it take can it be done in one day

1 Answer Jun 22, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    • Transport - Zelena Laguna - Porec Bus Station

Porec Jun 11, 2014 at 4:12 AM

Hi, could anyone advise me how to get from apartments in Zelena Laguna to bus station in Porec (Ulica Karla Huguesa). Google maps show it is cca 3,8km so I am wondering if there is any shuffle bus or something like this? Or other kind of transport? We will not have a car with us, going by bus from abroad.

2 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 5:01 PM
    • Do I need italy visa if going into Venice from Opatija?

Opatija May 26, 2014 at 6:29 AM

I am a South African going to Opatija. I have the Croatian visa, but would like to do a day trip to Venice. will I need a visa?

3 Answers May 26, 2014 at 1:12 PM
    • Ferry transport

Porec May 20, 2014 at 3:18 AM

Is there a ferry between Porec and Trieste?

4 Answers May 21, 2014 at 11:58 AM
    • tourist traps in Vrsar

Vrsar May 12, 2014 at 10:04 AM

do i have to beware for any tourist traps in Vrsar

2 Answers May 12, 2014 at 10:20 PM
    • train travel

Pula Apr 18, 2014 at 1:23 PM

is there a train from Pula to Trieste?

16 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • What is Montiznan like?

Montizana Apr 13, 2014 at 5:10 AM

What is Montizana like as an area? What places of interest are there?

• excursions in Istria & betw. Istria and Venice

Istria Mar 28, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Does anyone have any information abou or experience with excursions heju (excursions-heju.com/pula-ven...)?

5 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 3:21 PM
    • Travel Rovinj to Zadar

Rovinj Mar 8, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Hi we are trying to find a way to travel from Rovinj to Zadar in late May. Train travel doesn't seem to be the way to go and it is too early for ferries as they don't start until June. I have searched for a bus from Rovinj and Pula to Zadar but cannot find anything. Have searched the Bus Croatia and nothing. We just can't seem to find any options for us apart from hiring a car which we'll only do if there's no other option. Do any of you Croatian travellers have any suggestions? Would be most appreciated. Thanking you in advance :-)

4 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 6:43 AM
    • alysongardner@btinternet.com

Pula Feb 28, 2014 at 8:32 AM

MAYBE A MISTAKE, BUT WE ARE FLYING TO PULA AND WANT TO SEE SOME OF THE AREA, AS FAR AS RVOVINJ/POREC THEN GET TO PLITVIC LAKES AND SPEND TIME ON RAB OR KRK BEFORE FLYING BACK -14 DAYS. WE ARE OVER 65 AND LIKE A MIXTURE OF BEACH/SEA AND SIGHTSEEING AND HISTORY. MAYBE EVEN VENICE BUT THINK THIS TOO PRICEY 140E RETURN??? + TIME FACTOR. WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS. THANKS

5 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 5:24 AM
    • Hotel Belvedere Opatija Croatia

Opatija Feb 26, 2014 at 6:56 PM

We are considering staying at the Hotel Belvedere in Opatija, but we have read some poor comments. We don't mind old, but we want the hotel to be clean Has anyone stayed there and have any recommendations?

2 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 4:46 AM
    • What size car to rent.

Opatija Feb 26, 2014 at 2:15 AM

I would like to rent a mini van for 5 of us traveling from Venice to Opatija and through Istria. I have been told that can be too large. What size is recommended?

6 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 5:48 PM
    • MOVING AROUND

Pula Feb 1, 2014 at 1:56 PM

HOW EASY IS TO TRAVEL FROM PULA TO THE TOWNS AROUND LIKE POREC. ETC BY BUS FOR DAY TRIPS THANKS

8 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 4:22 AM
    • Umag tourist season

Umag Jan 19, 2014 at 3:28 PM

When does the 2014 summer season start??

Went to beautiful Umag late Sept a few years ago and most restaurants and many activities had closed for the summer.
      I want it make sure I am going when everything is open. Can any one advise when summer season starts?

Thanks! Gill

2 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 2:20 AM
    • Bus From Porec To Zagreb

Porec Jan 9, 2014 at 7:07 AM

A friend and I are spending a week in Porec but we are flying back home from Zagreb Airport.
      We were wondering which bus is best to take from Porec-Zagreb.
      Thank you

7 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 2:50 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Transportation.

Rabac Jan 5, 2014 at 2:17 AM

What's the easiest way to go to Rabac from Italy by coach?

3 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 2:53 PM