Istanbul Ili

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• From SAW airport Istanbul

Istanbul Yesterday

We are arriving at SAW Sabiha Gokcen Airport at 7pm. What is the easiest and safest way to get to our hotel in Sultanhamet district. We do not want to take a taxi.

more
    • Bab-i Ali Gate - Sublime Porte

Istanbul Mar 17, 2015 at 1:56 AM

How to arrive by train from Besiktas to Fatih (Bab-i Ali Gate - Sublime Porte)?
      Thank you.

more
    • Travelling alone to Istanbul

Istanbul Mar 13, 2015 at 5:01 AM

Hello I will be travelling to Istanbul for work alone from April 8 to April 13 2015..I have never been there and would like to hit the bars and clubs but have never done that alone..so if theres anyone travelling on similar dates..please send me a message and we can plan something up.
      27 year old guy.Also is it safe to hit the clubs alone at night?

Thanks

more
    • Belve's Profile Photo

24 hour visit

Istanbul Mar 8, 2015 at 12:37 AM

In June I will be in Istanbul for just 24 hours, midday Wednesday to midday Thursday, between flights (Tashkent to New Zealand via Istanbul). Can anyone please recommend a comfy & safe place to stay, with easy public transport access from the airport, and a couple of interesting places to visit nearby?
      Thankyou to Nita300 for the Airport Baggage Service recommendation.
      And thankyou to all you wonderful people out there who read and respond to so many queries.
      As I plan my first travels in 2 years I look forward to both asking and answering questions

more
    • Where is the Main Bus Terminal in Istanbul.

Istanbul Mar 8, 2015 at 9:09 AM

We are a senior couple who want to travel from Istanbul to Bodrum - and then on to Rhodes.
      We are staying at the Star Holiday Hotel in the Sultanahmet and will need to get to the Istanbul Otgar on that side of town. Is it affordable to get there by taxi? We will be travelling just on the night before Ramadam Wed 17th June 2015 and are wondering if that is going to affect out trip. Also I'm not sure if we can get the hotel to book the bus ticket or whether to do that on the internet.
      Any suggestions or information re bus companies etc would be greatly appreciated. I have read some of the posts on the VT website but some of them are a bit older and I am not sure if the information is still relevant.

more
    • Safe to walk streets in Istanbul?

Istanbul Feb 28, 2015 at 6:31 AM

Is it safe to walk from your hotel in the old city to the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque for example?

more
    • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Best Location for 1 week stay

Istanbul Mar 19, 2015 at 6:59 AM

Hello Folks,

In September, I'll be visiting Istanbul with my wife, baby and two other friends. We'll be renting an apartment during our stay and I'd like to get your advice on the best location. Because we're with a baby we're a little slower and less mobile, so I'd like to stay somewhere that is beautiful (views, surroundings) and that is convenient to shops, pedestrian areas etc. Gone are the days of flopping out anywhere and ranging far and wide.

My question is: What is the ideal place to rent an apartment for a week's stay in Istanbul?

Thank you!

Giampiero

more
    • Non-touristy day activities.

Istanbul Mar 8, 2015 at 11:57 AM

So far, I;ve planned to take french class after training for 2 hours at gym in the morning. That's not enough activity. however. I want more. Any suggestions?
      It's a 2 months tour.

more

Popular Istanbul Ili Travel Answer Locations

• From SAW airport Istanbul

Istanbul Yesterday

We are arriving at SAW Sabiha Gokcen Airport at 7pm. What is the easiest and safest way to get to our hotel in Sultanhamet district. We do not want to take a taxi.

2 Answers Yesterday
    • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Best Location for 1 week stay

Istanbul Mar 19, 2015 at 6:59 AM

Hello Folks,

In September, I'll be visiting Istanbul with my wife, baby and two other friends. We'll be renting an apartment during our stay and I'd like to get your advice on the best location. Because we're with a baby we're a little slower and less mobile, so I'd like to stay somewhere that is beautiful (views, surroundings) and that is convenient to shops, pedestrian areas etc. Gone are the days of flopping out anywhere and ranging far and wide.

My question is: What is the ideal place to rent an apartment for a week's stay in Istanbul?

Thank you!

Giampiero

16 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 2:58 PM
    • Bab-i Ali Gate - Sublime Porte

Istanbul Mar 17, 2015 at 1:56 AM

How to arrive by train from Besiktas to Fatih (Bab-i Ali Gate - Sublime Porte)?
      Thank you.

3 Answers Mar 20, 2015 at 4:13 PM
    • Travelling alone to Istanbul

Istanbul Mar 13, 2015 at 5:01 AM

Hello I will be travelling to Istanbul for work alone from April 8 to April 13 2015..I have never been there and would like to hit the bars and clubs but have never done that alone..so if theres anyone travelling on similar dates..please send me a message and we can plan something up.
      27 year old guy.Also is it safe to hit the clubs alone at night?

Thanks

6 Answers Yesterday
    • Non-touristy day activities.

Istanbul Mar 8, 2015 at 11:57 AM

So far, I;ve planned to take french class after training for 2 hours at gym in the morning. That's not enough activity. however. I want more. Any suggestions?
      It's a 2 months tour.

20 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 7:03 AM
    • Where is the Main Bus Terminal in Istanbul.

Istanbul Mar 8, 2015 at 9:09 AM

We are a senior couple who want to travel from Istanbul to Bodrum - and then on to Rhodes.
      We are staying at the Star Holiday Hotel in the Sultanahmet and will need to get to the Istanbul Otgar on that side of town. Is it affordable to get there by taxi? We will be travelling just on the night before Ramadam Wed 17th June 2015 and are wondering if that is going to affect out trip. Also I'm not sure if we can get the hotel to book the bus ticket or whether to do that on the internet.
      Any suggestions or information re bus companies etc would be greatly appreciated. I have read some of the posts on the VT website but some of them are a bit older and I am not sure if the information is still relevant.

8 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 1:03 PM
    • Belve's Profile Photo

24 hour visit

Istanbul Mar 8, 2015 at 12:37 AM

In June I will be in Istanbul for just 24 hours, midday Wednesday to midday Thursday, between flights (Tashkent to New Zealand via Istanbul). Can anyone please recommend a comfy & safe place to stay, with easy public transport access from the airport, and a couple of interesting places to visit nearby?
      Thankyou to Nita300 for the Airport Baggage Service recommendation.
      And thankyou to all you wonderful people out there who read and respond to so many queries.
      As I plan my first travels in 2 years I look forward to both asking and answering questions

6 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 4:54 AM
    • Safe to walk streets in Istanbul?

Istanbul Feb 28, 2015 at 6:31 AM

Is it safe to walk from your hotel in the old city to the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque for example?

8 Answers Yesterday
    • HabibChidiac's Profile Photo

hagia sophia

Istanbul Feb 25, 2015 at 12:32 AM

please how can i reach hagia sophia from taksim square in a cheap easy way ?
      all ideas are appreciated

10 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 2:04 AM

sapphire hotel emniyet elveri

Istanbul Feb 24, 2015 at 3:25 AM

please i need exact detailed directions to reach istanbul sapphire hotel by metro from taksim underground station ?

4 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 6:30 AM

outlets in taksim

Istanbul Feb 18, 2015 at 3:55 AM

where can i find good brand outlets in taksim area and how to reach them ?

3 Answers Feb 21, 2015 at 12:33 PM
    • msocolin's Profile Photo

Hotel in Istanbul

Istanbul Feb 15, 2015 at 9:00 AM

Hi! I'm planning to go to Istanbul with my wife and 2yr old son the first or second week of May.

What is a good (and safe) area to stay at? Any hotel to recommend?

Thanks!
      Matías

12 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 8:58 PM
    • Tonka71's Profile Photo

4-5 hours in Istanbul

Istanbul Feb 15, 2015 at 4:55 AM

I am in Istanbul for a short time (between two flights), and I'd like to see as much as I can.
      So, what would you recommend me:
      1. Transport to/from airport
      2. Should I take guided tour (it's really expensive)

16 Answers Feb 27, 2015 at 2:43 AM

5 hours in Istanbul

Istanbul Feb 15, 2015 at 4:15 AM

I am in Istanbul for a short time (between two flights), and I'd like to see as much as I can.
      So, what would you recommend me:
      1. Transport to/from airport
      2. Should I take guided tour (it's really expensive)

3 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 1:02 AM
    • msocolin's Profile Photo

Istanbul with a 2yr old

Istanbul Feb 13, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Hi! We are planning to spend 3 or 4 days in Istanbul during early May.

Can you suggest what are the must-see places in 3 or 4 days? Any places where it would be difficult to go with my son?

Thanks!
      Matías

5 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 2:07 AM

istanbul in 5 hours

Istanbul Feb 13, 2015 at 9:16 AM

How long does it take from Istanbul airport to Sultanhamet by metro/ tram

4 Answers Feb 14, 2015 at 2:23 AM
    • YukselT1's Profile Photo

1 day tour in istanbul

Istanbul Feb 13, 2015 at 4:53 AM

hi guys ,

Next month im going to visit istanbul and i would likr to join a city tour, which tour company would you recommend ?

Thank you

6 Answers Yesterday
    • sallam88's Profile Photo

Budget 10-day stay

Istanbul Feb 9, 2015 at 2:40 PM

I will be in Istanbul with my mom for a 10-day holiday in April. Any suggestions for a walking distance room/apartment from the city center. My budget is up to USD 350 / 10 days

6 Answers Feb 13, 2015 at 10:27 AM
    • Beyoglu or Other Painted Colorful Steps

Istanbul Feb 8, 2015 at 7:28 AM

I have seen a picture of very colorful steps (pained) in Beyoglu (I think). Does anyone know exactly where they are (address or intersection) and whether they are in good enough shape to be nice and colorful? Thank you

5 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 12:49 PM
    • goolmamad's Profile Photo

bagdat street

Istanbul Jan 27, 2015 at 4:26 AM

hi how we can go to bagdat street by public transport. from taksim ? and which part of this street is full of shops and touristic to visit ? and which station should we get-off the bus? thank you feri

3 Answers Jan 28, 2015 at 12:12 AM
    • Fez makers in instabul

Istanbul Jan 17, 2015 at 10:48 PM

Hello,

My sister is in Istanbul and i have told her to buy me an authentic fez from there, but she seems to tell me that the only fezzes she could find were tourist souvenirs, or all are like cardboard painted red. After researching online, I found no store in the entirety of istanbul that sells one real fez. Is this true? i already know ataturk banned the fez in his time, but surely there are sellers now. Please, if anyone knows of any place in istanbul, comment down the address and name of the place.

Thank you in advance

2 Answers Jan 18, 2015 at 12:47 AM
    • Rpinky's Profile Photo

traveling alone

Istanbul Jan 5, 2015 at 4:19 AM

do you provide touristic guidance in istanbul

6 Answers Feb 15, 2015 at 10:39 AM
    • MardinaN's Profile Photo

8 days in Istanbul

Istanbul Dec 21, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Hi All

I will be in Istanbul from 1 January to 9th January

Can someone please advise what are the best things to do and if 9 days are too much

Also please advise of the weather during that period

Thanking you

14 Answers Jan 5, 2015 at 10:40 PM
    • Monnix's Profile Photo

December 2014

Istanbul Dec 21, 2014 at 5:58 AM

I will be in Istanbul for NYE. Anybody care to meet up?

• hamgirl's Profile Photo

Budget way to travel from/to different airports to hotel

Istanbul Dec 3, 2014 at 3:48 AM

Hello all,

We have booked a Room in Yunus Emre Hotel from 26.12.14 - 31.12.14.

We are arriving at Istanbul (S.Gokcen airport) by Pegasus Airlines and leaving on 31 December from Istanbul - Atatürk airport by Turkish Airlines.

What is the budget way to travel from/to both the airports to the hotel.What will be one way cost for the transfers?Any websites?Is advanced booking needed?

Thankyou very much in advance.

2 Answers Yesterday
    • snasima's Profile Photo

near new year

Istanbul Dec 2, 2014 at 3:39 AM

my friends and I have decided to go on a trip for 3 nights, and this 4 days are exactly before Christmas, I mean 22-25 of Dec. and our main goal is to get familiar with customs of new year in turkey for Christians. so I want to know which city can introduce this customs better to us Istanbul or Izmir?

10 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 6:29 AM
    • rent phone and 3g wifi

Istanbul Dec 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM

where can find rent a phone in istanbul?

7 Answers Feb 11, 2015 at 12:27 AM
    • magic_jersey's Profile Photo

Transport from Ataturk Airport to 4.Levent Metro Station

Istanbul Nov 22, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I have read that in order to reach 4.Levent Metro Station...I have to take the airport bus towards Taksim Square and then take Metro from there.
      Is that the easiest and cheapest way (for a newbie and travelling alone in Istanbul) of reaching that area?
      Thanks for all your help.
      regards,

3 Answers Nov 23, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    • cheap places for shopping

Istanbul Nov 17, 2014 at 5:22 AM

I am planning to visit istanbul by next week and i would love to do some real good shopping :) Is it possible to find some sales during this period ? please advise some cheap places or even wholesale shops for clothes, bags and accessories. And where do you think is better to stay to have easy access for everything in istiklal street or sultanahmet or somewhere else ?? Thank you

6 Answers Dec 14, 2014 at 2:30 PM
    • drinkingbuddy's Profile Photo

Travel to Istanbul and area

Istanbul Nov 15, 2014 at 5:20 PM

My boyfriend and I are interested in visiting Istanbul in May 2015. Is this a good time of year to travel there weather wise? We are researching places to visit, but some "off the beaten path" recommendations would be appreciated...
      We are also considering renting a vehicle and driving to places along the coast such as Izmir and Antalya and then to the Cappadocia area. Would 10 days be enough to see these highlights and is it advisable to rent a car and drive around ourselves? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

6 Answers Feb 11, 2015 at 12:27 AM