change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Monnix's Profile Photo

December 2014

Istanbul Dec 21, 2014 at 5:58 AM

I will be in Istanbul for NYE. Anybody care to meet up?

more
    • hamgirl's Profile Photo

Budget way to travel from/to different airports to hotel

Istanbul Dec 3, 2014 at 3:48 AM

Hello all,

We have booked a Room in Yunus Emre Hotel from 26.12.14 - 31.12.14.

We are arriving at Istanbul (S.Gokcen airport) by Pegasus Airlines and leaving on 31 December from Istanbul - Atatürk airport by Turkish Airlines.

What is the budget way to travel from/to both the airports to the hotel.What will be one way cost for the transfers?Any websites?Is advanced booking needed?

Thankyou very much in advance.

more
    • rent phone and 3g wifi

Istanbul Dec 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM

where can find rent a phone in istanbul?

more
    • MardinaN's Profile Photo

8 days in Istanbul

Istanbul Dec 21, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Hi All

I will be in Istanbul from 1 January to 9th January

Can someone please advise what are the best things to do and if 9 days are too much

Also please advise of the weather during that period

Thanking you

more
    • snasima's Profile Photo

near new year

Istanbul Dec 2, 2014 at 3:39 AM

my friends and I have decided to go on a trip for 3 nights, and this 4 days are exactly before Christmas, I mean 22-25 of Dec. and our main goal is to get familiar with customs of new year in turkey for Christians. so I want to know which city can introduce this customs better to us Istanbul or Izmir?

more

Popular Istanbul Ili Travel Answer Locations

• MardinaN's Profile Photo

8 days in Istanbul

Istanbul Dec 21, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Hi All

I will be in Istanbul from 1 January to 9th January

Can someone please advise what are the best things to do and if 9 days are too much

Also please advise of the weather during that period

Thanking you

4 Answers Dec 21, 2014 at 8:58 AM
    • Monnix's Profile Photo

December 2014

Istanbul Dec 21, 2014 at 5:58 AM

I will be in Istanbul for NYE. Anybody care to meet up?

• hamgirl's Profile Photo

Budget way to travel from/to different airports to hotel

Istanbul Dec 3, 2014 at 3:48 AM

Hello all,

We have booked a Room in Yunus Emre Hotel from 26.12.14 - 31.12.14.

We are arriving at Istanbul (S.Gokcen airport) by Pegasus Airlines and leaving on 31 December from Istanbul - Atatürk airport by Turkish Airlines.

What is the budget way to travel from/to both the airports to the hotel.What will be one way cost for the transfers?Any websites?Is advanced booking needed?

Thankyou very much in advance.

2 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 4:32 AM
    • snasima's Profile Photo

near new year

Istanbul Dec 2, 2014 at 3:39 AM

my friends and I have decided to go on a trip for 3 nights, and this 4 days are exactly before Christmas, I mean 22-25 of Dec. and our main goal is to get familiar with customs of new year in turkey for Christians. so I want to know which city can introduce this customs better to us Istanbul or Izmir?

10 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 6:29 AM
    • rent phone and 3g wifi

Istanbul Dec 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM

where can find rent a phone in istanbul?

7 Answers Dec 3, 2014 at 4:53 AM
    • magic_jersey's Profile Photo

Transport from Ataturk Airport to 4.Levent Metro Station

Istanbul Nov 22, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I have read that in order to reach 4.Levent Metro Station...I have to take the airport bus towards Taksim Square and then take Metro from there.
      Is that the easiest and cheapest way (for a newbie and travelling alone in Istanbul) of reaching that area?
      Thanks for all your help.
      regards,

3 Answers Nov 23, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    • cheap places for shopping

Istanbul Nov 17, 2014 at 5:22 AM

I am planning to visit istanbul by next week and i would love to do some real good shopping :) Is it possible to find some sales during this period ? please advise some cheap places or even wholesale shops for clothes, bags and accessories. And where do you think is better to stay to have easy access for everything in istiklal street or sultanahmet or somewhere else ?? Thank you

6 Answers Dec 14, 2014 at 2:30 PM
    • drinkingbuddy's Profile Photo

Travel to Istanbul and area

Istanbul Nov 15, 2014 at 5:20 PM

My boyfriend and I are interested in visiting Istanbul in May 2015. Is this a good time of year to travel there weather wise? We are researching places to visit, but some "off the beaten path" recommendations would be appreciated...
      We are also considering renting a vehicle and driving to places along the coast such as Izmir and Antalya and then to the Cappadocia area. Would 10 days be enough to see these highlights and is it advisable to rent a car and drive around ourselves? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

6 Answers Nov 21, 2014 at 1:00 PM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Where to reload Isanbulkart?

Istanbul Nov 15, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Where can I reload the Istanbulkart at Sultanahmet area? There are machines to buy the jeton, but could not see where I can reload Istanbulkart.

4 Answers Nov 15, 2014 at 8:55 AM
    • garcom01's Profile Photo

weather in Istanbul?

Istanbul Ili Nov 11, 2014 at 1:18 PM

How is the weather in Feb? should I wait til apr?

6 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Currency (Istanbul and Goreme)

Istanbul Nov 11, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Is Euro generally accepted or only TL is used?

12 Answers Nov 17, 2014 at 5:26 AM

Where to buy Akbil?

Istanbul Nov 11, 2014 at 9:13 AM

I plan to take the metro, then tram to Sultanahmet area upon arriving at airport.
      Can someone tell me more on where to buy Akbil and can I buy 1 Akbil to be used for 2 people?
      Anything I should take note off?

4 Answers Nov 14, 2014 at 6:40 AM

4 days Istanbul

Istanbul Nov 9, 2014 at 9:09 AM

I have 4 full days in Istanbul, thinking of covering all the attractions in Sultanahmet area within 1 day, Bosporus cruise for 1 day. What are other recommendati

13 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 5:50 AM

Bosporus cruise

Istanbul Nov 9, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Hi, what is the best way for a DIY Bosporus cruise? Not looking to book with a tour operator but do it the cheap and cheerful way!

Helpful word of advice and tips appreciated. Thanks!

9 Answers Nov 15, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Airport transport and domestic / international transit

Istanbul Nov 9, 2014 at 9:04 AM

What is the best way from airport (IST) to Sultanahmet? Likewise the best way from Sultanahmet to airport?

I am heading to Istanbul, after a couple of days taking a flight to Nevsehir (Cappadocia). I am departing from Nevsehir back to Istanbul, then change to another airline to depart from Istanbul. I know there are 2 airports, but this is in the same airport, Ataturk airport (IST)

I will arrive at about 1330 and my next flight about 1900. It is not a connecting flight but a different airline. I am assuming luggage collection takes up to 1430 and I could manage to re check in to my international flight by 1630 latest. Is this a fair assumption?

Do I have to go through customs / immigration? Will domestic / international terminal be near? Any specific thing to take note of would be helpful.

Anything that I can see / do in airport if I do have extra time?

4 Answers Nov 14, 2014 at 7:12 AM
    • goolmamad's Profile Photo

sali pazar?

Istanbul Nov 5, 2014 at 2:13 AM

i have heard about a bazar ( clothes) in Asian part of Istanbul on Tuesday ? does it open on march ? and what is the address? thanks farzad

4 Answers Nov 6, 2014 at 4:53 AM
    • advise on tour by local guide

Istanbul Oct 24, 2014 at 1:28 AM

My wife and I, (56/59 from the Netherlands) will be visiting Istanbul on November 17 (arrival 1:00 pm) and 18 (depart 8:00 pm) by Norwegian Jade Cruiseship.
      We would like to do a tour visiting the prime locations, flexible on the time to spend at the various locations and would also get a bit off the beaten path.
      We are hesitant about the tours offered by the cruise-company, afraid it will be large groups and only standard items.

9 Answers Nov 2, 2014 at 3:20 AM
    • Pre-booking a Bosphorus Cruise?

Istanbul Oct 16, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Hello,

I'm sorry, I know questions about the cruises get asked a lot, but I haven't been able to find an answer to my specific question. I want to take the long Bosphorus cruise with Sehir Hatlari in a couple of weeks, when I visit Istanbul. Could anyone tell me whether it is a problem to buy tickets on the day? Is it better (or even possible) to book them in advance? Do the tickets ever sell out?

Thank you!

5 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 12:51 PM
    • Are 4 days in Istanbul really too much?

Istanbul Oct 16, 2014 at 2:05 PM

I have allocated 4 days for Istanbul. So far, 1,5 days have passed. I went around Sultanahmed (Topkapi, Ayasofia, Blue Mosque), went to Suleimaniye, Rustempasa and New mosques, to Spice market, walked across Galata bridge all the way up to Taksim square. I still have 2,5 days here and running out of places to visit.
      Tomorrow I will go to Grand Bazaar, if weather is good will take a boat tour. Any ideas what to do after that?
      Perhaps, there is some good exhibition somewhere?

15 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 11:55 AM
    • Istanbul Artartuk Airport Transit between two different airlines

Istanbul Oct 14, 2014 at 6:17 AM

I will Fly from Kuala Lumpur, transit Doha and fly to Istanbul with Qatar airline. after an hour 15mins i will fly to Thessaloniki with Turkish Air. All the way i just have my cabin baggage, don't check in any luggage. And i will made web check in for the Thessaloniki trip before depart, so i will have my boarding pass with me. Can i direct made transit from the transit counter instead go out to the arrival immigration chop visa and go in to immigration departure again?

3 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 4:59 AM
    • staying safe in Istanbul

Istanbul Oct 10, 2014 at 7:45 PM

My family and I are planning a trip to Istanbul next year but we are concerned with the threat of ISIS. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Will it be safe? Any replies would be appreciated.

Thanks.

16 Answers Oct 17, 2014 at 4:03 AM
    • Ephesus Day Trip

Istanbul Oct 7, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Hello,

I hope someone can help. My boyfriend and I will be going on holiday to Istanbul at the end of October. We are considering taking a day trip to Ephesus, but are unsure about a couple of things.

· Is it possible to do this trip in a day? We would ideally fly first-thing in the morning and return to Istanbul quite late.

· Are there cheap public transport links from Izmir airport to Ephesus itself, or is it necessary to take a taxi (if so, how much are they generally?)?

· How far in advance is it advisable to book flights from Istanbul to Izmir? Is it something better to do once we arrive in Turkey, or will they likely be sold out if we leave things that late?

Thank you very much in advance!

12 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 2:04 PM
    • DianaMS's Profile Photo

Ferry from Istanbul to Rhodes

Istanbul Oct 1, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Is there any ferry service from Istanbul to Rhodes? A overnight ferry would be the answer to my prayers!

10 Answers Oct 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM
    • DianaMS's Profile Photo

Sabina Gokcen to Sultanahmet

Istanbul Sep 30, 2014 at 4:29 PM

How can I get from Sabina Gokcen airport to my hotel in Sultanahmet district. Is there a bus? metro? shuttle service? Help please!!! I am landing at 19:00 hrs. Thanks!

3 Answers Oct 1, 2014 at 7:19 AM
    • Men's shirts

Istanbul Sep 27, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Where in Istanbul can one purchase good men's dress shirts or sport shirts at a low price

3 Answers Oct 1, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    • Day Tour from Istanbul

Istanbul Sep 25, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Can you do Gallipoli & Troy in a day tour from istanbul? And how much would you expect to pay?

8 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 5:12 AM
    • Weather and security

Istanbul Sep 25, 2014 at 11:15 PM

What is the weather like in November ans how safe is Istambul?

4 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 11:57 AM
    • Istanbul museum pass

Istanbul Sep 25, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Hi everyone! Would love some guidance on where to buy Istanbul museum pass? I stumbled upon muse.gov.tr website which sells Istanbul museum pass for TL 85, but was wondering if this is the best place to get the it. Also does it mean that I will still have to stand in long queues if I get hold of this pass?
      Many thanks for advice!
      Cheerios

4 Answers Oct 1, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    • Buyukada Seafood?

Buyukada Sep 23, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Best seafood restaurants in Buyukada?

1 Answer Sep 23, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • Istanbul Safety

Istanbul Sep 17, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Hello Fellow Travelers - I leave for Istanbul in the beginning of October. I wanted to see if anyone had more insight on the current safety situation in Istanbul. I have a lot of international travel experience (mostly in Latin America) but still wanted to check in on this. As you all know, Turkey in general has been in the spotlight with the current ISIS and terrorism threats in the region. Who has traveled there recently? Any change in safety over the past few weeks than previously in Istanbul? I am not overly concerned myself, but have gotten some "odd" looks when I mention I am traveling to Istanbul. Thank you for for everyone's help and advice!

14 Answers Oct 1, 2014 at 7:40 AM