Istanbul

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Design a custom made locket possibility

by jr0wland Online Now Yesterday

Will be in Istanbul Turkey for 4 nights in 2016. A while back while walking on the beach I found a sanddollar about the size of a quarter. I've always wanted to find a locket with a clear (Glass) face that I could display the sanddollar in and wear. I wondered if it would be possible to have such a locket made while in Istanbul and if so where would I start to locate someone to design and make one for me.

more
    • Blakium's Profile Photo

Haribo manufacture visit - Istanbul

by Blakium Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 1:22 AM

Hi,

is it possible to visit Haribo manufacture in Istanbul? and if yes, can you please provide me with address and more details..

thanks

more
    • From airport ataturk to Gumruk Sk. (Galata palace Hotel)?

by clavel Online Now Aug 28, 2015 at 5:21 AM

My hotel is Galata Palace Hotel and i am wondering how to reach it from the airport.
      I have seen the route havatas buses makes and it passes very near. Is it possibe to ask the driver to drop you off at that point or any other point rather than taksim square?
      thank you

more
    • public transportation

by AnneBrown Online Now Aug 16, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Is it a good idea to take a bus or other form of public transportation to our hotel from the airport. We are staying at the Hotel Empress located at Akbiyik Cad.10. We arrive at IST at 5:00 pm on a Sunday.

more
    • Any recommendations for hygienic Turkish baths? Any must see places to visit on the Asia side?

by Nicolabola Online Now Aug 9, 2015 at 9:42 AM

Hi,

Going to Istanbul at the end of August. Has anyone been to a Turkish bath? Any recommendations/tips? Also, we would like to check out the Asia side but unfortunately not many forums speak much of it. What is a must see in Asia? It could even be a shop or colorful place to take photos, etc. Doesn't have to be something super touristy. Anything at all. Thanks in advance!

more
    • safety in Istanbul

by pip67 Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 3:57 AM

Arriving next week. With regards to the security situation from earlier this week. We would appreciate thoughts on how safe it is from people in Istanbul at the present time. Thank you.

more
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Tours or not

by roamer61 Online Now Aug 19, 2015 at 8:17 AM

As I am considering Istanbul for next year, I would like to know if one should book a tour or series of tours or, if one can visit the city independently as one would do in Europe?

more
    • Safe for American travels?

by Jenna883 Online Now Aug 14, 2015 at 2:10 AM

Hello all. I am looking for advice.
      A group of friends (all American) And I are planning to travel to Istanbul this weekend (August 14-16).

In light of recent terrorist events and the August 15th anniversary of the first attack of the Kurdish Workers Party (also called PKK or KGK) is it safe to travel to Istanbul? It is said that this anniversary has sparked violence and attacks in the past.

Thank you!

more
    • aghapyegypt's Profile Photo

One day Istanbul

by aghapyegypt Online Now Aug 10, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Good morning Guys, I will have a transit in Sabiha Gökçen Airport on the 4th of Sep,2015 and like to visit Istanbul between 9:00 till 09:00 pm till 09:00 pm my flight will be at 10:55 pm .
      how can I see almost of the city in this time ? should i rend a taxi or car for one day or using Metro?
      I like using public transportation I like to interact with the people and also i think it;s cheaper .
      how about safety there ? i heard about some demonstrations??
      I like to eat public food and have very simple souvenir.
      any recommendations??

more
    • Safety in Instanbul?

by Suzy79 Online Now Aug 10, 2015 at 11:54 PM

In light of recent events (including yesterday 10th August). I was wondering how safe Instanbul is now? Was it near the tourist area?

We are holidaying in Bulgaria next month, and was looking at the possibility of a trip through to Instanbul, but naturally we now have concerns. It's somewhere we have always wanted to visit, so it would be a real shame if we missed out.

Your help would be appreciated.

more
    • Design a custom made locket possibility

by jr0wland Online Now Yesterday

Will be in Istanbul Turkey for 4 nights in 2016. A while back while walking on the beach I found a sanddollar about the size of a quarter. I've always wanted to find a locket with a clear (Glass) face that I could display the sanddollar in and wear. I wondered if it would be possible to have such a locket made while in Istanbul and if so where would I start to locate someone to design and make one for me.

• From airport ataturk to Gumruk Sk. (Galata palace Hotel)?

by clavel Online Now Aug 28, 2015 at 5:21 AM

My hotel is Galata Palace Hotel and i am wondering how to reach it from the airport.
      I have seen the route havatas buses makes and it passes very near. Is it possibe to ask the driver to drop you off at that point or any other point rather than taksim square?
      thank you

3 Answers Aug 28, 2015 at 10:05 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Tours or not

by roamer61 Online Now Aug 19, 2015 at 8:17 AM

As I am considering Istanbul for next year, I would like to know if one should book a tour or series of tours or, if one can visit the city independently as one would do in Europe?

7 Answers Aug 21, 2015 at 3:24 PM
    • public transportation

by AnneBrown Online Now Aug 16, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Is it a good idea to take a bus or other form of public transportation to our hotel from the airport. We are staying at the Hotel Empress located at Akbiyik Cad.10. We arrive at IST at 5:00 pm on a Sunday.

5 Answers Aug 17, 2015 at 2:02 AM
    • Safe for American travels?

by Jenna883 Online Now Aug 14, 2015 at 2:10 AM

Hello all. I am looking for advice.
      A group of friends (all American) And I are planning to travel to Istanbul this weekend (August 14-16).

In light of recent terrorist events and the August 15th anniversary of the first attack of the Kurdish Workers Party (also called PKK or KGK) is it safe to travel to Istanbul? It is said that this anniversary has sparked violence and attacks in the past.

Thank you!

7 Answers Aug 16, 2015 at 1:32 AM
    • Safety in Instanbul?

by Suzy79 Online Now Aug 10, 2015 at 11:54 PM

In light of recent events (including yesterday 10th August). I was wondering how safe Instanbul is now? Was it near the tourist area?

We are holidaying in Bulgaria next month, and was looking at the possibility of a trip through to Instanbul, but naturally we now have concerns. It's somewhere we have always wanted to visit, so it would be a real shame if we missed out.

Your help would be appreciated.

11 Answers Aug 20, 2015 at 1:04 AM
    • aghapyegypt's Profile Photo

One day Istanbul

by aghapyegypt Online Now Aug 10, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Good morning Guys, I will have a transit in Sabiha Gökçen Airport on the 4th of Sep,2015 and like to visit Istanbul between 9:00 till 09:00 pm till 09:00 pm my flight will be at 10:55 pm .
      how can I see almost of the city in this time ? should i rend a taxi or car for one day or using Metro?
      I like using public transportation I like to interact with the people and also i think it;s cheaper .
      how about safety there ? i heard about some demonstrations??
      I like to eat public food and have very simple souvenir.
      any recommendations??

7 Answers Aug 11, 2015 at 3:27 PM
    • Any recommendations for hygienic Turkish baths? Any must see places to visit on the Asia side?

by Nicolabola Online Now Aug 9, 2015 at 9:42 AM

Hi,

Going to Istanbul at the end of August. Has anyone been to a Turkish bath? Any recommendations/tips? Also, we would like to check out the Asia side but unfortunately not many forums speak much of it. What is a must see in Asia? It could even be a shop or colorful place to take photos, etc. Doesn't have to be something super touristy. Anything at all. Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Aug 19, 2015 at 12:44 AM
    • Blakium's Profile Photo

Haribo manufacture visit - Istanbul

by Blakium Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 1:22 AM

Hi,

is it possible to visit Haribo manufacture in Istanbul? and if yes, can you please provide me with address and more details..

thanks

1 Answer Aug 5, 2015 at 6:35 AM
    • safety in Istanbul

by pip67 Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 3:57 AM

Arriving next week. With regards to the security situation from earlier this week. We would appreciate thoughts on how safe it is from people in Istanbul at the present time. Thank you.

5 Answers Aug 1, 2015 at 8:32 AM
    • Is it too hot to vacation in Istanbul late August?

by Nicolabola Online Now Jul 30, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Hi, my boyfriend and I are from NYC and looking to vacation in Istanbul around the end of August. Some friends of ours say August is unbearable around this time of the year. Is it really that hot, or is it the humidity? Or both? Another important question, I am a slender tall female, (not very curvaceous) that likes to wear shorts or even skirts above the knee with tank tops exposing the arms when it's warm. I would describe my style as basic but elegant. Would this look still be distasteful or make locals feel uncomfortable? I am not at all familiar with their customs and don't want to be viewed as ignorant.
      Thanks so much! Any other tips about customs would be greatly appreciated as well!

5 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 11:15 PM
    • Sunday night life?

by Aymanjazz Online Now Jul 11, 2015 at 7:04 AM

Am visiting ustanbul for 1 night, tom sunday the 12th, is there any jazz clubs where i can go on Sunday night?if not any recommendation what should i visit late afternoon and night time?
      Thanks

8 Answers Jul 11, 2015 at 9:42 AM
    • Sunday night life?

by Aymanjazz Online Now Jul 11, 2015 at 7:03 AM

Am cisiting ustanbul for 1 night, tom sunday the 12th, is there any jazz clubs where i can go on Sunday night?if not any recommendation what should i visit late sfternoon snd night time?
      Thanks

1 Answer Jul 11, 2015 at 7:22 AM
    • Weather in October

by Janmar50 Online Now Jul 2, 2015 at 11:23 AM

What is the average weather in Istanbul for early October and what clothes should I pack?

3 Answers Jul 4, 2015 at 11:09 AM
    • Spice Market

by ChrisR90 Online Now Jun 29, 2015 at 5:49 AM

I have a stopover in Istanbul for 6.5hours and I would love to visit the Spice Market. I planned on getting there and back in time for my conecting flight. But I've been told not to risk it as the traffic can be horrendous, public transport is unreliable and taxis can be risky. What do I?? risk missing my connecting flight!!

6 Answers Jun 29, 2015 at 8:32 AM
    • From IST airport to Hotel AC macka by marriott

by nomad-al Online Now Jun 28, 2015 at 8:14 PM

Hi. I'm travelling to Istanbul on 4th July and was wondering how do I use the city metro and not taxi to reach hotel AC macka by marriott. I believe one can purchase the Istanbul kart at the airport.

1 Answer Jun 29, 2015 at 8:40 AM
    • How is in Istanbul in general?

by Marlena13 Online Now Jun 16, 2015 at 6:57 AM

I would like to visit Istanbul for vacation and would love to hear your impressions and ask about price range in general?

20 Answers Jul 12, 2015 at 3:21 PM
    • Location to stay with three small campers

by Bramvdkamp Online Now Jun 3, 2015 at 5:25 AM

We are with three small campervans arriving at Istanbul on June 21. Is there a location in the city to camp overnight besides Otopark Kennedy Caddesi? I'm afraid that place is fill up quickly.
      Thank you!

• Fayad89's Profile Photo

Travel new friends

by Fayad89 Online Now Jun 1, 2015 at 2:15 PM

Im traveling to Istanbul in june next few days..who will be there in this period?

1 Answer Jun 9, 2015 at 4:28 PM
    • 4 days in Istanbul

by Romain007z Online Now May 30, 2015 at 6:16 AM

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip, and we might spend 4 days in Istanbul next August.

Do you guys have a suggestion for an accommodation, cheap and well located?

What would you say are the "must-see"? Do you have any other recommandation? :)

Thank you,

Romain

4 Answers Jun 21, 2015 at 8:20 PM
    • Gift for someone traveling to Istanbul (from US)

by wanderlust26 Online Now May 19, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Hi -

A family friend will be traveling to Istanbul in a few days with his family. His birthday will occur during his travels. Was trying to think of something fun that he would have to do in Istanbul - was thinking of Turkish currency but read that it's best to just use card/ATM while there.

Any thoughts/suggestions of what could maybe be something fun for his family while there?

10 Answers May 20, 2015 at 9:05 AM
    • How get to the Pamuk Museum?

by wiecznorska Online Now May 16, 2015 at 2:55 AM

Hello everybody!
      I really love Orhan Pamuk books and at this holiday I will be in Istanbul. I find on youtube that film (eng subtitles):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxp8M42pcYE

My question is how can I get here from Taksim square?

Regards ;)

3 Answers May 19, 2015 at 9:38 AM
    • Zah's Profile Photo

Buses Terminal at Taksim Square

by Zah Online Now May 14, 2015 at 10:27 AM

The buses was used to be at taksim square next to gezi park, but after the renovation of the square they said that it was moved under the square. but there is only a high way downside and no bus stops like eminonu or the previous one next to the square ... Any answers ?

4 Answers Jun 9, 2015 at 4:37 PM
    • Yesilyurt & Istanbul Kart

by spamiepamie Online Now May 13, 2015 at 6:34 AM

I'll be staying one night near the airport and want to visit a lighthouse near the waterfront that looks to be near a train stop named "Yesilyurt." Is there a commuter train stop there? If so, where would I have to go to get on it, either coming from Sultanahmet area, or from the airport? Do I need a separate ticket for that, or will the Istanbul Kart cover that?
      Is there a bus that goes close to there? I didn't have much luck with the ulism (spelling?) web site in determining how to get there.

In terms of taking the train or metro across to Asia, is that covered by the Kart? I know ferries aren't but wasn't sure about Marmaray line, which might be different from the metro and trams.

Finally, is it possible to buy the Istanbul Kart with a credit card? I know you have to go to certain stations to get one (can't get one at just any tram stop) but what I'm not sure about is exactly how to purchase one. For example, at the Eminonu location, will it be obvious as to where I go to purchase it? Are they just available from machines or is there a real person there to help me if needed? Do they take credit cards?

Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 9, 2015 at 4:48 PM
    • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

From cruise terminal to international airport

by pepemorris11 Online Now May 12, 2015 at 1:20 AM

I shall be arriving in Istanbul on 12 June by Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas. I have only one suitcase although there are the 2 of us travelling. My husband is not so mobile but he can walk very slowly so we intend to take the public transport back to Attaturk airport.
      From surfing the internet,I understand that the old cruise terminal is no longer in use and I will be leaving from Salıpazarı docks. From there , I read that the nearest tram station is Tophanes and i change to Zeytinburnu and there change to a metro to the airport.
      Please could you tell me if what I have written above is correct and
      1) How far is the dock from Tophanes? I heard 10 min. (I assume for a healthy mobile person) but in terms of distance?
      2) I do not think I need an Istanbulkart as I am only going straight to the airport. How do I buy my tokens from Tophane tram stop and how much will it cost to get to Zeytinburnu per person?
      3) Do I buy the next stretch from Zeytinburnu to the airport? And how much? Or can I buy a ticket that will get me straight from Tophane to the airport?
      Thank you very much.

11 Answers Jun 9, 2015 at 4:54 PM
    • robertopele's Profile Photo

One day in Istanbul

by robertopele Online Now May 7, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Hi I have a full day in Istanbul before flying out to Tbilisi and want to make the most of it.

What should I do and where should I go? Is is easy to get to and from Ataturk Airport?

Thanks

9 Answers Jun 9, 2015 at 4:56 PM
    • Gorkhali's Profile Photo

Best place to buy a Kilim?

by Gorkhali Online Now May 6, 2015 at 12:25 AM

Hi will be in Istanbul in few weeks. Any suggestion on where to find a good/authentic Kilim? I am looking for a typical hallway size around 3x5. Nothing exorbitant.

Thanks in advance.

BTW welcome any tips on how to make most of 3 days :)

9 Answers Jun 12, 2015 at 1:49 PM
    • security situation - 01 may 15

by KhalidQ Online Now May 1, 2015 at 5:49 AM

I am scheduled to land at ata turk istanbul on 02 may along with my family. Later in evening we would take a bus to Cappadocia. I just saw on TV that mass riots / protest are being held in taksim square and situation doesn't look good as per TV. 10,000 policemen have been deployed. any local turkish resident to please apprise about the situation. i really wanna visit....

7 Answers Jun 26, 2015 at 3:17 AM
    • Using Miles for traveling

by TanjuH Online Now Apr 26, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Been saving United Mileage plus miles 300K for years, in hopes of using them to travel to Turkey class, I'm a big boy. Turkish air won't accept them.

I wonder if we can use the miles to travel is a major European city miles for business class, then purchase another flight to Istanbul.

Any thoughts? Advise?

6 Answers Apr 27, 2015 at 7:00 AM
    • 8 hours in Istanbul. Is my itinerary doable?

by Sunray-310 Online Now Apr 24, 2015 at 1:56 AM

Hi everyone!
      Our ship arrives in Istanbul 7.30 and leaves 16.30. I definitely want to see Agia Sophia, Basilica Cinstern, Topkapi, and maybe the blue mosque and the spice bazaar. Can they fit in one day? How far are these attractions from the port? Do they open early in the morning? I'm worried about wasting time in endless queues.

I want to get the feel of the city -in such a limited time unfortunately- by walking mostly.

8 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 7:38 AM