Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Christmas in istanbul safe?

by clavel Online Now 1 hours ago

I have planed my trip since september.
      Istanbul 24-27 of December.
      But, hearing all thats been going on with terrorist attacks i am a little bit alarmed and worried..... I do not want to cancel my trip nor be afraid.
      Can someone please give a picture of how is situation in Turkey now?
      Thanks in advance

8 Answers 5 minutes ago
    • azharbd's Profile Photo

Currency and Hotel

by azharbd Online Now 8 hours ago

What should i need to carry USD, EUR or Turkish Lira?

also please suggest a cheap but good hotel at Istanbul (sultanahmet area)

2 Answers 1 hours ago
    • How safe is it to travel from US-Turkey(Istanbul)-India ?

by diljit526 Online Now 8 hours ago

I have a 2 hour stop at Istanbul Airport while i travel from US to India on Dec 8, 2015. As many others i am concerned about safety aspects of the place given the tensions in surrounding countries.
      Is it safe for me to travel from USA to Istanbul and then to India in December 2015?

7 Answers 3 hours ago
    • KirstyS's Profile Photo

Visa at the airport

by KirstyS Online Now Nov 18, 2015 at 11:41 AM

Hi all
      Could someone tell me about the process for obtaining a visa at the airport currency to pay in? ....cost? ...duration? and the such like ...thanks ...K;

9 Answers Nov 21, 2015 at 10:06 AM
    • What are some free tourist attractions in Istanbul?

by HarrietL3 Online Now Nov 13, 2015 at 4:00 AM

Best Tourist Attractions in Istanbul

9 Answers Nov 23, 2015 at 9:02 AM
    • tsokoholic's Profile Photo

Where to stay? Taksim or Sultanahmet

by tsokoholic Online Now Nov 11, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Which area is better to stay if you want to do some shopping for souvenirs like lamps and ceramics? Taksim or Sultanahmet? Any reccommendations for accommodation and shopping?

6 Answers Nov 23, 2015 at 9:02 AM
    • Safe to travel btw 1st Nov - 9th Nov ?

by neha.chopra01 Online Now Oct 25, 2015 at 9:40 AM

Hi... we are traveling from India btw 1st and 9th Nov (Istanbul, Cappadocia, Antalaya)... heard 1st Nov is election day... hope its safe to travel the country and will tourist spots be open...during this time and any thing we need to keep in mind - from safety stand point.

Really appreciate any answers we can get - Neha

3 Answers Oct 30, 2015 at 3:48 AM
    • communication options and credit cards in Istanbul

by HarDar Online Now Oct 18, 2015 at 12:30 PM

Can someone help understand communication options in Istanbul. We are going to be there for 2 days at the end of November. Is it easy to get sim cards for cellphone to make calls, text during the visit and to get to internet. Can I get those at the airport on arrival? Which carrier has better reception, rates and are they economical to use for just two days? I may need communicate internationally also. Do they have economical international call and text plans? I am planning to go to Pakistan afterwards, and I wonder if there would be some carriers whose cards will work there as well?
      Another thing if you guys can advise on, will be on use of credit cards. I assume the credit cards will be easily usable everywhere and we plan to use them for everything since I hear it is not advisable to carry lot of cash with you because of pick-pocketers. Would there be any places we may not be able to use credit cards? Or, do the merchants charge separate fees for credit card use?

6 Answers Oct 19, 2015 at 8:30 AM
    • Can someone share tips for buying Turkish rugs in Istanbul.

by HarDar Online Now Oct 12, 2015 at 8:02 PM

I am visiting Istanbul for two days in the end of November. Alongwith touring different places in Istanbul, I am interested in buying a Turkish rug that I have heard are the best in the world. Not knowing the Turkish language (from Pakistan....can speak Urdu and English fluently) is it realistic for me to expect to get a good deal and true quality, or will I get ripped off? Where should I go to get good quality and reasonably priced rugs? Do they haggle over price or they have fixed prices?

11 Answers Oct 13, 2015 at 6:51 PM
    • Anyone Travelling to turkey between Nov 4-15 from India

by sharanuvl Online Now Oct 10, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Hi ,

I and couple of friends (2-3)are planning to go to Turkey (Istanbul, Cappadoccia,Ephesus, Pamakule between Nov 4-15.

Let me know if anyone else is also planning trip around the same dates from Bangalore or anywhere from India

1 Answer Oct 25, 2015 at 9:48 AM
    • NarimanB's Profile Photo

Is it safe to travel to Istanbul?

by NarimanB Online Now Oct 10, 2015 at 4:25 PM

I've reserved the hotel The Marmara Taksim for 6 night, and the find out the Taksim square is the main.point of the protest!
      Common! Is it really not safe? I mean just like Ankara's?
      And how about the areas Nisantasi & Levent? Due They have the best restaurants & cafés ! :-))

11 Answers Oct 13, 2015 at 5:23 AM
    • dr.kumar's Profile Photo

travelling tips for istanbul and cappadocia

by dr.kumar Online Now Oct 5, 2015 at 10:23 PM

hi, i am dr.kumar travelling with my friends to istanbul and turkey for a week. i heard a lot abou this beauitiful place and lovely for 4 nights and cappadocia for 2 nights. help us to see all the must see places in that period and we would love to try local cuisine and have those meories for a long time.please guide us.

6 Answers Oct 6, 2015 at 4:11 AM
    • Movewcj's Profile Photo

Istanbul in Dec

by Movewcj Online Now Sep 25, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Is Dec a good time to travel to Istanbul? Isn't the weather rainy? How far is Jordan from Istanbul? I may be going to Istanbul for about 8 days

3 Answers Sep 26, 2015 at 5:26 AM
    • Istanbul on november

by Ajaybullah Online Now Sep 22, 2015 at 4:55 PM

I am planning to visit istanbul on november first week, and i read its the election time, already there are civil riots and wars in turkey these days, how safe will be the election days, please advise about the atmospehere on november this year :-)

4 Answers Sep 23, 2015 at 4:04 AM
    • Istanbul in December

by travelingpants22 Online Now Aug 31, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Hi there! Planning on visiting Istanbul in December but keep reading about the rainfall that happens throughout the month. Feedback please!! Any other countries to visit in December?

17 Answers Sep 3, 2015 at 11:28 AM
    • Design a custom made locket possibility

by jr0wland Online Now Aug 29, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Will be in Istanbul Turkey for 4 nights in 2016. A while back while walking on the beach I found a sanddollar about the size of a quarter. I've always wanted to find a locket with a clear (Glass) face that I could display the sanddollar in and wear. I wondered if it would be possible to have such a locket made while in Istanbul and if so where would I start to locate someone to design and make one for me.

• From airport ataturk to Gumruk Sk. (Galata palace Hotel)?

by clavel Online Now Aug 28, 2015 at 5:21 AM

My hotel is Galata Palace Hotel and i am wondering how to reach it from the airport.
      I have seen the route havatas buses makes and it passes very near. Is it possibe to ask the driver to drop you off at that point or any other point rather than taksim square?
      thank you

5 Answers Oct 7, 2015 at 8:30 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Tours or not

by roamer61 Online Now Aug 19, 2015 at 8:17 AM

As I am considering Istanbul for next year, I would like to know if one should book a tour or series of tours or, if one can visit the city independently as one would do in Europe?

8 Answers Oct 5, 2015 at 11:05 AM
    • public transportation

by AnneBrown Online Now Aug 16, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Is it a good idea to take a bus or other form of public transportation to our hotel from the airport. We are staying at the Hotel Empress located at Akbiyik Cad.10. We arrive at IST at 5:00 pm on a Sunday.

5 Answers Aug 17, 2015 at 2:02 AM
    • Safe for American travels?

by Jenna883 Online Now Aug 14, 2015 at 2:10 AM

Hello all. I am looking for advice.
      A group of friends (all American) And I are planning to travel to Istanbul this weekend (August 14-16).

In light of recent terrorist events and the August 15th anniversary of the first attack of the Kurdish Workers Party (also called PKK or KGK) is it safe to travel to Istanbul? It is said that this anniversary has sparked violence and attacks in the past.

Thank you!

7 Answers Aug 16, 2015 at 1:32 AM
    • Safety in Instanbul?

by Suzy79 Online Now Aug 10, 2015 at 11:54 PM

In light of recent events (including yesterday 10th August). I was wondering how safe Instanbul is now? Was it near the tourist area?

We are holidaying in Bulgaria next month, and was looking at the possibility of a trip through to Instanbul, but naturally we now have concerns. It's somewhere we have always wanted to visit, so it would be a real shame if we missed out.

Your help would be appreciated.

11 Answers Aug 20, 2015 at 1:04 AM
    • aghapyegypt's Profile Photo

One day Istanbul

by aghapyegypt Online Now Aug 10, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Good morning Guys, I will have a transit in Sabiha Gökçen Airport on the 4th of Sep,2015 and like to visit Istanbul between 9:00 till 09:00 pm till 09:00 pm my flight will be at 10:55 pm .
      how can I see almost of the city in this time ? should i rend a taxi or car for one day or using Metro?
      I like using public transportation I like to interact with the people and also i think it;s cheaper .
      how about safety there ? i heard about some demonstrations??
      I like to eat public food and have very simple souvenir.
      any recommendations??

7 Answers Aug 11, 2015 at 3:27 PM
    • Any recommendations for hygienic Turkish baths? Any must see places to visit on the Asia side?

by Nicolabola Online Now Aug 9, 2015 at 9:42 AM

Going to Istanbul at the end of August. Has anyone been to a Turkish bath? Any recommendations/tips? Also, we would like to check out the Asia side but unfortunately not many forums speak much of it. What is a must see in Asia? It could even be a shop or colorful place to take photos, etc. Doesn't have to be something super touristy. Anything at all. Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Aug 19, 2015 at 12:44 AM
    • Blakium's Profile Photo

Haribo manufacture visit - Istanbul

by Blakium Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 1:22 AM

is it possible to visit Haribo manufacture in Istanbul? and if yes, can you please provide me with address and more details..

1 Answer Aug 5, 2015 at 6:35 AM
    • safety in Istanbul

by pip67 Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 3:57 AM

Arriving next week. With regards to the security situation from earlier this week. We would appreciate thoughts on how safe it is from people in Istanbul at the present time. Thank you.

5 Answers Aug 1, 2015 at 8:32 AM
    • Is it too hot to vacation in Istanbul late August?

by Nicolabola Online Now Jul 30, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Hi, my boyfriend and I are from NYC and looking to vacation in Istanbul around the end of August. Some friends of ours say August is unbearable around this time of the year. Is it really that hot, or is it the humidity? Or both? Another important question, I am a slender tall female, (not very curvaceous) that likes to wear shorts or even skirts above the knee with tank tops exposing the arms when it's warm. I would describe my style as basic but elegant. Would this look still be distasteful or make locals feel uncomfortable? I am not at all familiar with their customs and don't want to be viewed as ignorant.
      Thanks so much! Any other tips about customs would be greatly appreciated as well!

5 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 11:15 PM
    • Sunday night life?

by Aymanjazz Online Now Jul 11, 2015 at 7:04 AM

Am visiting ustanbul for 1 night, tom sunday the 12th, is there any jazz clubs where i can go on Sunday night?if not any recommendation what should i visit late afternoon and night time?

8 Answers Jul 11, 2015 at 9:42 AM
    • Sunday night life?

by Aymanjazz Online Now Jul 11, 2015 at 7:03 AM

Am cisiting ustanbul for 1 night, tom sunday the 12th, is there any jazz clubs where i can go on Sunday night?if not any recommendation what should i visit late sfternoon snd night time?

1 Answer Jul 11, 2015 at 7:22 AM
    • Weather in October

by Janmar50 Online Now Jul 2, 2015 at 11:23 AM

What is the average weather in Istanbul for early October and what clothes should I pack?

3 Answers Jul 4, 2015 at 11:09 AM
    • Spice Market

by ChrisR90 Online Now Jun 29, 2015 at 5:49 AM

I have a stopover in Istanbul for 6.5hours and I would love to visit the Spice Market. I planned on getting there and back in time for my conecting flight. But I've been told not to risk it as the traffic can be horrendous, public transport is unreliable and taxis can be risky. What do I?? risk missing my connecting flight!!

6 Answers Jun 29, 2015 at 8:32 AM