Istanbul Travel Answers

change location
hmb10's Profile Photo

Ataturk Havatas Airport shuttle

by hmb10 Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Is the airport shuttle service operating? If so where will I get off close to Hotel Residence, in Taksim area? If using "metro" from Ataturk to Aksary, then what is best way of getting to my Hotel? My flight will be arriving 18.006pm Thanks for your help.

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • Ina08's Profile Photo

Re: Ataturk Havatas Airport shuttle

by Ina08 Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 11:43 PM

The airport shuttle is working and leaves on the lower arrival level. You can buy the ticket directly at the driver. Just walk out of the terminal and ask for the shuttle bus. The bus ends in Taksim square and from there you can take a taxi or, if your hotel is close, walk.

I haven't taken the metro to the airport yet, so I can't help you there.

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mikebb's Profile Photo

by Mikebb Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 11:44 PM

When we visited Istanbul our hotel arranged the shuttle service for us, they were waiting as we exited customs with a hand held sign with our name on it.

Suggest you email your hotel or visit its web page.

There are plenty of shuttle buses available at the airport , but better if booked.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• muratkorman's Profile Photo

by muratkorman Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 11:45 PM

The coach still operates. There are some roadworks going on in Taksim area and drop off point may be shifted to somewhere close. You can check the details from this link : http://www.havatas.com/en/coach.aspx If you have a lot of luggage with you, using the metro will be difficult and to reach Taksim you need to get a bus or you need to reach Kabatas by changing the tram line and then take the funicular. To avoid all that hassle, coach to Taksim is the best solution. You can check my Istanbul page for useful tips.

• hmb10's Profile Photo

by hmb10 Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Appreciate all your "quick" replies to my question...am looking forward to our trip in Sept.

• June.b's Profile Photo

by June.b Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 4:03 AM

Here's the walking map:

http://goo.gl/maps/JjUEG NOW, when you exit the airport terminal, the Havatas airport buses are parked just infront with the company name on its side, so you won't miss it. Fare is TL10. The bus will terminate at Taksim where their office is. Or maybe around there as suggested by above post.

The location of your hotel (Hotel Residence) is in Sadri Alisik so it would take you about 10 minutes of walk from the bus stop.

• maykal's Profile Photo

by maykal Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 4:11 AM

Because of the Taksim roadworks, I caught the Havatas shuttle from just opposite the Marmara Taksim Hotel on Taksim Square, and I assume that is where the buses coming from the airport drop you off too.

• June.b's Profile Photo

by June.b Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 4:52 AM

If the bus stops infront of the Marmara Hotel Taksim - right at the square - as stated above, then that will make it more near to Hotel Residence, about 7 minutes walk. Here:

http://goo.gl/maps/S2BSm

1 member found this helpful

• June.b's Profile Photo

by June.b Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 4:53 AM

Thanks btw Maykal for the update as I'm arriving also next week via Havatas.

• June.b's Profile Photo

by June.b Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I arrived 3 days ago and the Havatas station is now - as mentioned above - infront of Marmara Hotel, above the stairs behind the Taksim bus station, at the beginning of the Taksim Park where there are many police. Some roads around the square are closed.

1 member found this helpful

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

by Mikebb Online Now May 10, 2013 at 6:08 PM

When we visited Istanbul Sept 2010 our hotel arranged the Shuttle for us, The shuttle coy just wait for you and hold a sign up for you. When our flight arrived it was very busy at customs waiting to obtain our visa, we heard our name paged over the speaker, were worried but could do nothing about it, about 45 minutes later we passed through customs and saw a man holding a sign with our name on it.

We just got on the next shuttle bus, 10 minute wait, no problem.

Email your hotel and ask the best way to get there.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines