change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tbnyc1's Profile Photo

Take a Tour or do it yourself

Israel 1 hours ago

We are thinking of Israel in early June 2015 and would like to know if it is easy to do it yourself. We have taken a lot of tours in other countries and the efficiency is what I like best BUT sharing the experience with 30 other people is not the greatest. We are looking to do Tel Aviv and Jerusalem and take day trips to all the other out of town highlights. If you could recommend tour companies and sights to see that would be great.

more
    • Akko - Cars in the old city

Akko Yesterday

I understand that I cannot drive in the old city of Akko. Can I leave a car outside of the old city, with luggage in it, while visiting the old city? Will there be a problem with theft? Will there be a problem with Israeli security not liking cars sitting around with unattended luggage?

more
    • Poling's Profile Photo

How to get to border from Jerusalem by bus?

Israel Jan 1, 2015 at 8:00 PM

1. Is that correct that from Jerusalem to Allenby Boarder, I can take the he shuttle bus from Damascus gate? Do I need to make reservation if Damascus Gate is not the final terminal? It takes about 45 mins? The price is about 45 ILS?
      2. How to get to the South border (Taba) from Jerusalem? How long does it take and how much?

more
    • Sat Nav and Care Hire

Israel Dec 30, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I'll be hiring a car from Tel Aviv airport. How reliable are the cars and does anyone know if I could rent a car with built in Sat Nav for Israel?
      Or will I have to hire Sat Nav separately?

more
    • Israel and the West Bank by car

Israel Dec 30, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Hello everyone. I'll be travelling around Israel for 3 days by car. The places I want to visit are Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Bethlehem, the Dead Sea, the Sea of Galilee and the Golan Heights. Basically I need to know if it is safe to cross into the West Bank?
      How good are the main roads in the areas mentioned?
      How long do the checks take to cross back and fore from the West Bank?
      How much is petrol?
      What side of the road do cars travel?
      Is it ok to spend a night in a hotel within the West Bank?
      All answers will be greatly appreciated and any other tips that I haven't thought of will be most welcome. Thank you.

more
    • going for leave

Tel Aviv-Yafo Jan 10, 2015 at 12:30 PM

I am an international student and i have to go back to my native country every 9 months , i will be on a 3 month leave
      So is there any place where i could store my luggage rather than carrying it back ???

more
    • How to plan little free time in Israel

Israel Dec 31, 2014 at 8:46 AM

I would need help in planning a very little free time I will have on my trip to Israel. I will be stationed in Haifa. All that I will have available is one evening after 18.00 and then from Thursday 19.00 till Saturday 18.00 (Sabbath...), when my plane takes off.
      Any suggestions would be really welcome. I would prefer to see Christian sites like Church of the Holy Sepulchre or Betlehem (where I could also maybe get a glimpse of the Arab culture).

How safe is it to travel to Betlehem or spend a night there?
      Would it make sense (especially on safety grounds) to leave Haifa at 19.00 and travel to Betlehem or Jerusalem (that could maximise my tour time on the following day)?
      Is it really necessary to come to the airport full 3h before the flight?

Any itinerary ideas greatly appreciated.
      Thanks

more
    • Witch currency to take with?

Israel Jan 17, 2015 at 8:51 AM

Hi! Planing to go to Israel soon. Witch currency is better to take with € or $? Thanks!

more
    • tbnyc1's Profile Photo

Take a Tour or do it yourself

Israel 1 hours ago

We are thinking of Israel in early June 2015 and would like to know if it is easy to do it yourself. We have taken a lot of tours in other countries and the efficiency is what I like best BUT sharing the experience with 30 other people is not the greatest. We are looking to do Tel Aviv and Jerusalem and take day trips to all the other out of town highlights. If you could recommend tour companies and sights to see that would be great.

1 Answer 34 minutes ago
    • Akko - Cars in the old city

Akko Yesterday

I understand that I cannot drive in the old city of Akko. Can I leave a car outside of the old city, with luggage in it, while visiting the old city? Will there be a problem with theft? Will there be a problem with Israeli security not liking cars sitting around with unattended luggage?

2 Answers Yesterday
    • Witch currency to take with?

Israel Jan 17, 2015 at 8:51 AM

Hi! Planing to go to Israel soon. Witch currency is better to take with € or $? Thanks!

26 Answers Yesterday
    • going for leave

Tel Aviv-Yafo Jan 10, 2015 at 12:30 PM

I am an international student and i have to go back to my native country every 9 months , i will be on a 3 month leave
      So is there any place where i could store my luggage rather than carrying it back ???

6 Answers Jan 10, 2015 at 11:32 PM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

How to get to border from Jerusalem by bus?

Israel Jan 1, 2015 at 8:00 PM

1. Is that correct that from Jerusalem to Allenby Boarder, I can take the he shuttle bus from Damascus gate? Do I need to make reservation if Damascus Gate is not the final terminal? It takes about 45 mins? The price is about 45 ILS?
      2. How to get to the South border (Taba) from Jerusalem? How long does it take and how much?

2 Answers Jan 4, 2015 at 8:53 AM
    • How to plan little free time in Israel

Israel Dec 31, 2014 at 8:46 AM

I would need help in planning a very little free time I will have on my trip to Israel. I will be stationed in Haifa. All that I will have available is one evening after 18.00 and then from Thursday 19.00 till Saturday 18.00 (Sabbath...), when my plane takes off.
      Any suggestions would be really welcome. I would prefer to see Christian sites like Church of the Holy Sepulchre or Betlehem (where I could also maybe get a glimpse of the Arab culture).

How safe is it to travel to Betlehem or spend a night there?
      Would it make sense (especially on safety grounds) to leave Haifa at 19.00 and travel to Betlehem or Jerusalem (that could maximise my tour time on the following day)?
      Is it really necessary to come to the airport full 3h before the flight?

Any itinerary ideas greatly appreciated.
      Thanks

8 Answers Jan 4, 2015 at 6:10 AM
    • Sat Nav and Care Hire

Israel Dec 30, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I'll be hiring a car from Tel Aviv airport. How reliable are the cars and does anyone know if I could rent a car with built in Sat Nav for Israel?
      Or will I have to hire Sat Nav separately?

2 Answers Dec 31, 2014 at 7:22 AM
    • Israel and the West Bank by car

Israel Dec 30, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Hello everyone. I'll be travelling around Israel for 3 days by car. The places I want to visit are Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Bethlehem, the Dead Sea, the Sea of Galilee and the Golan Heights. Basically I need to know if it is safe to cross into the West Bank?
      How good are the main roads in the areas mentioned?
      How long do the checks take to cross back and fore from the West Bank?
      How much is petrol?
      What side of the road do cars travel?
      Is it ok to spend a night in a hotel within the West Bank?
      All answers will be greatly appreciated and any other tips that I haven't thought of will be most welcome. Thank you.

5 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 5:11 AM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

special ticket fees

Jerusalem Dec 25, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Would special fees be available for students, teachers, elderlies, handicaps etc for entrance ticket in Jerusalem ?

12 Answers Dec 31, 2014 at 1:56 AM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

US or EURO

Jerusalem Dec 23, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Which one is better for exchange of ILS? Thanks.

8 Answers Dec 31, 2014 at 12:57 AM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

A child story/picture book

Jerusalem Dec 23, 2014 at 3:40 AM

I want to buy one from Israel. I will be in Jerusalem, not yet confirm which area to stay thought. Could people living there give me an idea where to get one? I wish to do a quick shop only. Thanks.

6 Answers Dec 29, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    • Is it safe travel to Israel and Jordan after the last incidents?

Israel Dec 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM

My partner and me we're going to travel to Israel and Jordan from December 27 to January 5 .
      After the last incidientes ( attacks , riots ... ) we're pretty worried. Has someone recently visited these two countries and can tell us how the situation is and if it's possible to travel safely?

We must decide soon what to do, so we will really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much .

8 Answers Dec 21, 2014 at 2:30 AM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

travelling during Easter

Israel Dec 2, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I think the weather would be nice, however, would shops closed or transport limited like Shabbat?

7 Answers Dec 28, 2014 at 2:43 AM
    • From Netanya to the Kotel ? How to get there by Public Transport

Jerusalem Dec 2, 2014 at 12:20 AM

please advise us of the Public Transport available from Netanya to The Kotel ?

8 Answers Dec 7, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    • Taxi on Shabbat

Tel Aviv-Yafo Nov 15, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Hello,

I am planning on taking a flight at 5:25 am on a Saturday from Tel Aviv. Will I have any trouble finding a taxi at 3:30 am on a Saturday (since it is shabbat and so late/early in the morning)?

thank you

8 Answers Yesterday
    • Jenin back to Jerusalem

Jerusalem Nov 2, 2014 at 1:14 AM

I am travelling to Jenin on Friday for the annual olive harvest festival. I am travelling from Damascus Gate in Jerusalem. I understand how to get to the festival (bus 18 to ramallah, shared taxi to Jenin, and then a private taxi to the site). However, my question is, how do I get back to Jerusalem after the festival (it ends at 8pm)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• How safe is it for a tourist in Israel, now? Late October 2014.

Israel Oct 15, 2014 at 1:02 PM

My wife and I are travelling with an Italian Tour to typical sites in Israel in late October.

Our previous tour operator (US based) cancelled a tour scheduled for 3 November, citing "unrest" as the contributing factor.

9 Answers Oct 19, 2014 at 2:54 PM
    • bwk_michael's Profile Photo

Travel in January

Tel Aviv-Yafo Oct 8, 2014 at 11:21 PM

hi there, i want to go to tel aviv for a week in january, maybe do some day trips etc. just wondering how prices are in Israel comp. to like the UK or Germany...because i have been all over the middle east but not really Israel. as well i would like to know if you guys know any local airline going to cairo from tel aviv. thanks so much...happy travels :) michael

5 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 2:19 AM
    • carloarg02's Profile Photo

Hotel close to the airport?

Tel Aviv District Oct 7, 2014 at 3:42 PM

I have a flight out of Tel Aviv at 4:50AM. I figured probably best to find a hotel that is close to the airport. Any suggestions? thanks!

8 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 2:15 AM
    • Touring around Israel

Israel Oct 6, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Hello all, my wife and I are going to be in Israel for two days and would like to have a tour to see as much as possible. Can anyone recomend a good tour company. We dont mind a small van but really dont want to be a part of a 40 person mega bus group. I have looked at Guided tours of Israel but would like to compare it some others if possible.

Thanks as always for all the help everyone always provides on this wonderful web site.----Greg

4 Answers Dec 27, 2014 at 10:32 AM
    • Public transport from Ben Gurion Airport to Haifa on Sabbath

Israel Sep 20, 2014 at 3:38 PM

I arrive in Israel on Saturday 1 November at 14:00, what are the transport options on Sabbath?

5 Answers Nov 1, 2014 at 2:20 AM
    • Festival in Haifa

Haifa Sep 11, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Does anyone know about an open street festival happening this evening in downtown Haifa?

• The safety situation in Tel Aviv

Tel Aviv-Yafo Aug 22, 2014 at 12:11 PM

We have booked flights to Tel Aviv on October and booked an apartment close to the beach area. We are travelling with small children and are a bit worried about the safety situation. Running into the bombshells would not be a holiday memory that I would like to share with our daughters age of 6 and 8.

What is the situation at the moment and is there still alarms on a daily basis? If we still choose to come to Israel, is there other areas close to Tel Aviv that have a lesser risk (such as Herzliya, Netanya)? Our flights are to/from Ben Gurion.

10 Answers Sep 21, 2014 at 3:55 AM
    • which train station nearest Stella Maris?

Haifa Aug 14, 2014 at 11:33 AM

We are taking the train from Petach Tikvah to Haifa. We want to take the cable car up to the top. Is that where Stella Maris is? 1. At which train station should we get off? 2. Is there a bus from Stella Maris to the Bahai gardens?

1 Answer Aug 28, 2014 at 10:51 PM
    • boutique hotel in tel aviv

Tel Aviv District Aug 9, 2014 at 12:48 AM

hi there,

as boutique hotels are pretty popular is in tal avive but if i travel to the place what will a best botique hotel? also i am hearing somethng about The Norman hotel in nso would it be good if somene stay there for a week or 5 days

2 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 2:12 AM
    • Old restaurants

Lake Tiberias Aug 6, 2014 at 3:56 AM

my parents lived in tiberias in the 1960's.
      They spoke about a restaurant in tiberias which was the first in Israel to serve pork. Anyone know the name and location of it? Any chance that it is still in business?

1 Answer Aug 6, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    • security for holy places

Haifa Aug 2, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Is it safe for bahai gardens during the conflict with terrorist Hamas?

2 Answers Aug 2, 2014 at 11:55 AM
    • Travel to Tel Aviv

Tel Aviv-Yafo Aug 1, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Hello :)
      My friends and I are travelling to tel aviv in a few weeks from Australia . We really want to come but concerned with the current situation . Is it still worth coming and is it safe all things considered ? Thank you :)

4 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 2:57 AM
    • Musical Instruments in Tel Aviv

Tel Aviv-Yafo Jul 31, 2014 at 11:02 PM

I plan on visiting Tel Aviv in October. While in Tel Aviv I would like to buy a Doumbek which is a small
      drum that looks like an hour glass. Does anyone know of a music instrument store that has these drums in
      Tel Aviv? That would be great to play a drum in different parts of Israel as my trip progresses!
      Any help is appreciated,
      Todai!

3 Answers Aug 2, 2014 at 7:39 AM
    • a day in Haifa

Haifa Jul 31, 2014 at 11:51 AM

how to get from the railway station Bat Galim to the top of Mt. Carmel to admire the view of Bahai gardens by metro?

2 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 2:59 AM