Israel

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best family neighborhoods?

Israel Jan 13, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Hi all! My husbands job is taking us to israel this spring for 2-3 years. I'm wondering what some of the best neighborhoods/areas would be to look for housing? We have a 3 yr old, and he will be working in Beersheba- but we were thinking of living in tel aviv? Any pointers or thoughts as to good areas to live would be appreciated!

14 Answers Jan 17, 2016 at 11:24 PM
    • Can you recommend on a company that does tours in Israel?

Israel Jan 12, 2016 at 6:34 AM

Hello

I would love to get your recommendations.

Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 13, 2016 at 5:16 PM
    • Tel Aviv travel concerns

Israel Jan 2, 2016 at 8:33 AM

Is anyone from the US planning or changing your travel plans due to the random violence this week on the street in Tel Aviv?

10 Answers Jan 14, 2016 at 1:35 PM
    • Public transport

Eilat Dec 10, 2015 at 2:15 PM

Hi! Could someone help us, please? How can we get on 30/12/2015 at 18:00 from Eliat to Tel-Aviv? We made a lot of searches, but haven't found the best solution yet. Thank you!

6 Answers Dec 26, 2015 at 1:36 PM
    • fsulaw's Profile Photo

Train from Ben Gurien airport to Haifa

Tel Aviv-Yafo Dec 4, 2015 at 1:49 PM

I will be staying at the Dan Carmel hotel in Haifa. What is the closest train station to this hotel? Any idea on the cost of a taxi from that station to hotel? Thank you,

4 Answers Dec 7, 2015 at 2:20 AM
    • tbnyc1's Profile Photo

Fun things to do

Eilat Dec 2, 2015 at 11:00 AM

What are the fun things to do there and any recommended guide companies

3 Answers Dec 3, 2015 at 2:51 AM
    • tbnyc1's Profile Photo

2 trips or one?

Israel Dec 2, 2015 at 6:37 AM

For those that have been to both locations. Would you recommend a single day trip for both or a separate trip for both. Seems like it would be worth 2 trips

10 Answers Dec 8, 2015 at 3:45 AM
    • tbnyc1's Profile Photo

when to go

Israel Nov 24, 2015 at 8:01 AM

we are looking to due 2 days trips one to Masada and the other the dead sea full day for each what would be the best times to go from the 17th - 20th of Dec 2015

10 Answers Dec 2, 2015 at 6:33 AM
    • Safety in Israel for tourist

Israel Nov 16, 2015 at 2:53 PM

Hello. I'm traveling to Israel in December. My plan is few days in Eilat--Dead Sea--Jerusalem. I will use public transport. Is it safe? What places I should avoid?

Thank you.

10 Answers Nov 22, 2015 at 2:43 AM
    • Haifa - advice for the best itinerary in 6 - 8 hrs visit

Haifa Nov 13, 2015 at 12:08 PM

We'll be arriving to Haifa by a cruise ship on Thursday morning and have approx. 6-8 hours exploring the great city. Need advice how do we getting around by starting from the cruise port to visit Haifa that must including Bahai Gardens, German Colony, Elijah's cave and the Monastery, the beaches and the Carmel Center.
      We like to use the Carmelit Subway and the Cable car and some of the Metro Bus without hiring a Cab?
      Thank you.

2 Answers Nov 14, 2015 at 10:35 AM
    • Appropriate women's attire for Israel Tel Aviv and Jeruseleum?

Israel Oct 11, 2015 at 11:34 AM

I'll be on a tour in Nov 2015 in Tel Aviv and Jeruseleum. Please give me some tips on appropriate women's attire for ages 45-65. I've heard it's important to wear a hat in the sun. Are there certain styles, colors or types of women's wear that should not be worn. I was told to dress conservatively, not to stand out with flashy or expensive clothing. Can anyone elaborate on these recommendations? I am planning to bring black canvas walking shoes to wear with my pants and flat heeled boots to wear with my mid-calf skirt. I'm assuming I can buy scarves when I get there depending on the weather and how much extra warmth is needed.

Thank you in advance for any advice from women who have traveled in these cities.

8 Answers Oct 14, 2015 at 6:49 AM
    • Appropriate women's attire for Israel Tel Aviv and Jeruseleum?

Israel Oct 11, 2015 at 11:19 AM

I'll be on a tour in Nov 2015 in Tel Aviv and Jeruseleum. Please give me some tips on appropriate women's attire for ages 45-65. I've heard it's important to wear a hat in the sun. Are there certain styles, colors or types of women's wear that should not be worn. I was told to dress conservatively, not to stand out with flashy or expensive clothing. Can anyone elaborate on these recommendations? I am planning to bring black canvas walking shoes to wear with my pants and flat heeled boots to wear with my mid-calf skirt. I'm assuming I can buy scarves when I get there depending on the weather and how much extra warmth is needed.

Thank you in advance for any advice from women who have traveled in these cities.

• Bus service from Herzliya to Jerusalem and Tel Aviv

Herzliya Sep 25, 2015 at 11:54 AM

I'll be staying in Pituach Herzliya. Is there regular bus service from there to Jerusalem and Tel-Tel-Aviv? If so where is the bus station in Pituach Herzlyia? Thanks.

23 Answers Oct 6, 2015 at 3:33 AM
    • tbnyc1's Profile Photo

Airport Hotel?

Tel Aviv-Yafo Sep 23, 2015 at 2:06 PM

What is a good hotel near the airport for a single night and a 9:40 AM flight?

3 Answers Sep 23, 2015 at 11:43 PM
    • First time traverlers to Israel and Eilat

Eilat Sep 12, 2015 at 2:22 AM

Would it be advisable to drive form the airport to Eilat or would you suggest a different mode of transportation to get there?

5 Answers Sep 13, 2015 at 3:55 AM
    • via dolorosa

Jerusalem Sep 6, 2015 at 12:54 PM

does the Christian Friday 3pm procession still going on? If "yes", where does it start? thank you

2 Answers Sep 6, 2015 at 11:16 PM
    • Cheemot's Profile Photo

Bus and itinerary time table

Eilat Sep 6, 2015 at 12:25 AM

I plan to visit Eilat from Tel Aviv.
      My arrival in Tel Aviv is on Friday 13.15 (I have to take my visitor visa at the embassy on Thursday).
      1. What's the best time to get the bus from airport Tel Aviv to Eilat on Friday? How much the price and how long the trip?

2. I plan to take 4 dives (in 2 days) in Eilat. Is it possible to dive in Saturday? What's dive center you recommend and how much the price?

3. I want to go to Jerusalem (stop by at Dead Sea) from Eilat and take 1 night over in Jerusalem, any suggestion of bus timetable and fare?

I need to know the answer to make hotel and flight reservation. Thank you.

4 Answers Sep 6, 2015 at 5:34 AM
    • transport fr jerusalem to bethlehem

Israel Aug 31, 2015 at 5:55 PM

can we go to Bethlehem fr Jerusalem on our own? if yes, how much time do we need and what transport pls fr where in Jerusalem?. thank you

2 Answers Aug 31, 2015 at 8:47 PM
    • mahalheart's Profile Photo

use of euro or ISL or US dollar

Tel Aviv-Yafo Aug 27, 2015 at 7:12 AM

shopping, grocery, or eating at a restaurant, taxi and public transportation, do I have to use ISL or othe currency is accepted ?

5 Answers Aug 30, 2015 at 3:21 AM

airport transfer

Tel Aviv District Aug 23, 2015 at 11:31 PM

would it be cheaper to take a taxi from the airport to my hotel in Dizzengof area, than taking some private shuttle services, I checked the prices, and they run about 65 - 95 US dollars or 252 ISL - 368 ISL 2 travelers

8 Answers Aug 25, 2015 at 9:44 AM
    • transport to east Jerusalem

Jerusalem Aug 22, 2015 at 9:26 AM

I read that sherut fr the airport, will/can't drop people at the east Jerusalem, we will be staying near Damascus Gate, any advise/suggestion how to get to our hostel?

11 Answers Aug 23, 2015 at 9:07 PM
    • is it better to go to tiberius from ashdod by bus or train?

Haifa Aug 11, 2015 at 4:54 AM

is it better to go to tiberius from ashdod by bus or train?

9 Answers Aug 17, 2015 at 4:37 AM

transport to hotel in tel aviv

Tel Aviv District Aug 9, 2015 at 6:09 PM

arriving in the morning at tel aviv airport, whats the best and perhaps the cheapest way to get to my hotel in tel aviv from the airport on a weekday

3 Answers Aug 16, 2015 at 4:59 AM
    • Masada & Dead Sea

Masada Jul 19, 2015 at 4:00 PM

Hello everyone,
      I will be in Israel the first two weeks of September, and plan on visiting Masada & Dead sea. My question is should I be using a touring company or simply booking a bus ticket and a really good travel book ?

7 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 3:22 AM
    • Underage traveler

Eilat Jul 8, 2015 at 2:14 AM

Hi guys, I'm from melbourne, Australia. I know I can travel If I'm 17 but just making sure if I'll need a visa to go to Eilat for a couple of weeks. Just wondering if I'll be needing more than a passport and flight tickets to go there. Thank you:)

4 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 4:12 AM
    • tbnyc1's Profile Photo

how to get there

Eilat Jul 3, 2015 at 8:44 AM

What is the fastest way to get there from Tel aviv? can you fly there and what is the airline name and the airport you would fly into.

Thanks
      Todd

5 Answers Jul 5, 2015 at 7:02 AM
    • trip to Jerusalem, Israel doable by ourselves?

Jerusalem Jul 1, 2015 at 12:43 PM

We're US citizens (no visa required, am I correct?) in our late 70s, healthy but not athletic; and we are frugal travelers. We want to visit Bethlehem, Jerusalem and nearby tourist areas for 7 days. Want to see Wailing Wall, the church, via dolorosa, etc. Can we do these ourselves? Are there too much restrictions to go to these places? Do we need permit to go to these places? Is taxi expensive fr airport to hotel? Went to local tour site, $700 for 6 hrs tours, a bit expensive to our budget. Thank you.

17 Answers Jul 10, 2015 at 10:25 AM
    • freespiritwendy's Profile Photo

cheaper accomodation in Israel

Israel Jul 1, 2015 at 9:08 AM

Can someone direct me to a site where I can find cheap accomodation like hostels and bed and breakfasts in Israel.
      I'd rather spend my money on excursions, than accomodations.

Thank you
      Wendy

4 Answers Jul 5, 2015 at 11:01 PM
    • Help with an important decision.

Jerusalem Jun 28, 2015 at 2:57 AM

As part of me and my wife's trip to the lovely Israel, we've started our trip visiting the northern side of the country, kept on our way to Tel Aviv for couple days and finally stayed in Jerusalem for almost 1 week and we've got our room checked until tomorrow morning. Now, we're planning on returning to the center of Tel Aviv before heading back our home in LA.
      I'm looking to surprise my wife with a mini-trip to Tel Aviv, exploring the city from up close visiting the best sites out there and stay at the most luxurious boutique hotel there.
      Since the early morning hours I've been looking for a couple boutique hotel as a comparison to what I need.

I came up with these to boutique hotels, offering great luxurious suits, classic authentic decoration and won an award for best boutique hotels in Tel Aviv:

The Norman >> thenorman.com/accommodations...
      Leonardo Boutique Hotel >> leonardo-hotels.com/israel-h...

Would like to get some help from somebody on deciding between these too, ASAP!

Sincerely,
      Josh Bernstein.

3 Answers Jun 28, 2015 at 4:57 AM
    • Eisenbahner's Profile Photo

public transport in Jerusalem

Israel Jun 22, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Hello!
      I`ve just joined this community because i`m travelling a lot this year. So in less then 2 weeks i am going to travel to Israel for the first time in my life. One day i want to make a day-trip to Jerusalem (i will take the train). Here and in traveling guides i got lots of helpful information, but i still have some questiones:

Is there still no direct bus from Malcha station to the center of Jerusalem? Has anything changed on the local bus system there?

I read that taking the tram is possible with a ticket to buy before, but i cannot change to a bus with this ticket. Is this correct or is there another possibility, maybe something like a day-ticket for bus and tram?

Thanks a lot for help!

13 Answers Jul 9, 2015 at 1:24 PM