Israel Travel Answers

change location
AmrE17's Profile Photo

iam visting israel from egypt what should i do ?

by AmrE17 Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 5:02 AM

if iam from egypt , wanna visit a friend there and make it surprise , she lives in Iksal in the north i think , how could i go there with out israel stamp on my passport ? , i dont want entering or leaving israel stamp , i heard about form l17 .
just help me and give me all informations i need :) , should i travel to other country then go to israel ?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Oreet's Profile Photo

Re: iam visting israel from egypt what should i do ?

by Oreet Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 6:06 AM

As a citizen of Egypt you need to apply for a visa in advance of your visit, regardless of which border crossing you use. Contact the Israeli Embassy in Cairo for details. Usually, this visa will be stamped directly in your passport so it won't make a difference if your entry stamp is stamped in your passport or not.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Agreed, Egyptians need a visa for Israel This will be put IN your passport.

• AmrE17's Profile Photo

by AmrE17 Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 9:47 AM

so there is no way not to get my passport stamped ? , i heard about the L17 form , its a separated paper .

• Re: iam visting israel from egypt what should i do ?

by rdglady Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 7:04 PM

The L17 form ( which is no longer used) was a form used for people who did NOT need to get a VISA in advance. Egyptians need to obtain an advance VISA to go to Israel. This is generally placed in the passport. Of course, the best source of information would be the embassy in Cairo--if it is still open!

• Re: iam visting israel from egypt what should i do ?

by ramot418 Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Even assuming that the visa you get in advance is NOT stamped in your passport, but on a separate piece of paper (I don't know what the policy is), then you still have the problem of an Egyptian exit visa - if going overland. This is just as 'damaging' as the Israel stamp itself. And even if you fly from Cairo to Tel Aviv, you will still have an Egyptian exit stamp with no matching entry stamp to some other country - a very suspicious situation for countries like Syria and Lebanon, most likely resulting in denying you entry to those countries.

• KittyDS's Profile Photo

by KittyDS Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:46 PM

There is an option usually for business travelers who wish to visit Arab country as-well. You can ask at the passport control for them not to stamp your passport. Usually they will cooperate because it is a known issue. It works for business travels that are visiting for work purposes. Don't know what is the case in a visit like yours. The best thing is while applying for a visa to Israeli to ask about this. Good luck and have a safe travel.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Israel Travel Answer Locations