Isola d' Elba

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Taxi tours on Elba

by jameslmorrison1 Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Is it possible to have a taxi tour from the port around the island?

3 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 4:13 AM
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

Ferry Piombino to Portoferraio

by jacquisuiza Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Is it necessary to book the ferry in advance? We are driving from Switzerland late september on a saturday and hope to arrive in the late afternoon. As we don't know how traffic will be I prefer not to reserve.

2 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 2:12 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Budget accomodation.

by Maurizioago Online Now Aug 10, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Could you suggest a nice and budget accomodation on this island; please?

2 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

Where to stay in early october?

by jacquisuiza Online Now May 26, 2013 at 6:43 AM

I try to find the best place for the first week of october for our group of 7. 2 couples are about 30 y.o., me and my husband 53 y.o. and our 13 y.o. son. Me exepting they are all fanatic mountain bikers and will bring their own bikes. We do not need all inclusive but would like to have breakfast and nearby restaurants for dinner. Sea view would be fantastic, a beach where my son could do some windsurfing, public bus nearby, appartments for the youngers and hotel for us, a big house with enough rooms? Any idea?

3 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 1:50 AM
    • Ferryboats + accomodation

by virtualcircus Online Now Aug 6, 2010 at 2:14 AM

Hello everybody,

I am going to Elba on 21 August with my 3 friends and I am wondering If there is significant difference between costs of ferryboat companies or is it similar.
      Regardnig accomodation: I checked few apartments but without possibility to book it. I went through many sites and apartments are same on every site.
      Does anybody know please If there is any site with booking or we could travel without booking and find it after arrival?

Thanks a lot in advance for any reply!

Bob

3 Answers Aug 6, 2010 at 2:44 AM
    • lucy

by lucydoodle Online Now Apr 17, 2009 at 5:52 PM

We are a family of 5 - two adults, 16yr old, 12 and 10. Is this a good island to vi9sit with family and what types of activities do you recommend Thanks

1 Answer Apr 19, 2009 at 10:19 PM
    • Places to stay in late March '08

by kcervino Online Now Oct 29, 2007 at 10:57 AM

Does anyone know a nice place to stay that would be open in late March on Isola D'Elba?

I know we are travelling in the off season and we don't want to arrive to find there is nothing open. Any advice?

Thanks.

Kathy

4 Answers Feb 16, 2008 at 3:36 AM
    • Aarti99's Profile Photo

Visiting Elba Mid-Late October

by Aarti99 Online Now Sep 13, 2007 at 7:52 AM

I've read that the main tourist season is May and September. Does that mean things shut down in October? Will many hotels/ restaurants be closed? Will they charge higher prices for people visiting off-season?

Thanks for any tips :)

• shops/car hire elba

by mh1 Online Now Apr 23, 2007 at 3:40 PM

Never been to elba b4 but going camping there in july. Can you hire a car on the island? Are there reasonable size supermarkets? I am familiar with Corsica & Sardinia but know elba is a bit smaller! Any help appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 24, 2007 at 9:41 AM
    • jenny59's Profile Photo

Is it possible to travel on public transport on Isola d'Elba

by jenny59 Online Now Apr 24, 2006 at 11:44 AM

We have planned a visit to Isola d'Elba mid June and are staying in Portoferrai for three nights. We are wondering whether it is possible to travel around the island using public transport or would we need to hire a car?

2 Answers Apr 25, 2006 at 11:44 AM
    • Elba

by palioklima Online Now Apr 10, 2006 at 10:22 AM

I am coming to Elba for the first time from August 19 for through August 27. I like to stay in town (rather than in the counrtyside) so I can walk easily at night to dinner, but I don't like a town that it too touristy. Any suggestions?

• Low-key part of Elba to stay / chill?

by svennyb Online Now Jul 7, 2005 at 2:08 PM

Hello! I'm ending a fairly crazy trip through Russia with 4 days on Elba. My quesiton is where would be best place to stay that would be fairly low-key in mid August (Aug 10-14 to be specific). I'd be prefectly happy on a beach and exploring on foot for 4 days. The more chill the better (how crowded will it be?) Can anyone recommend a part of the island? Any place in particular to stay?

THANKS!!
      -Steven

1 Answer Jul 8, 2005 at 12:33 AM
    • daveandcheryl's Profile Photo

Visitng Isola d' Elba, Elba off the west coast in ITaly

by daveandcheryl Online Now Feb 5, 2005 at 12:04 AM

hello VT members, Does anyone have ideas on traveling, sites, pretty villages, lodging and hidden treasures for the BUDGET traveler on Elba? We will go there in April 2005, if we can. thanks!

• Princess-Kitten's Profile Photo

Car ferries to the island

by Princess-Kitten Online Now Aug 24, 2004 at 8:10 AM

Hello! On our tour of Europe we're planning to hop over to Elba for a day from Piombino. I have phone numbers for Moby Lines ferries, but no idea how much the ferry costs or how many sailings there are per day. Has anyone used the ferry recently and can therefore give me some advice? Many thanks! Kitten x

2 Answers Aug 24, 2004 at 10:49 AM
    • Stay on Elba?

by italia-bound Online Now Dec 29, 2003 at 2:18 PM

I'm taking a biking tour through Tuscany in early June that ends on the island of Elba. I've got 4 days to kill after the tour ends, until I leave from Rome. I've always heard that the Amalfi Coast was beautiful and thought about going down there after the tour, but it looks like a tough trip down there (almost a full day!). Should I just plan on staying in Elba? Are there good shops and restaurants? My alternate plan is to rent a car in Piombino and head back in to Tuscany to catch other sights that I might have missed. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 23, 2004 at 12:58 PM