Isola d' Elba Travel Answers

change location
Princess-Kitten's Profile Photo

Car ferries to the island

by Princess-Kitten Online Now Aug 24, 2004 at 8:10 AM

Hello! On our tour of Europe we're planning to hop over to Elba for a day from Piombino. I have phone numbers for Moby Lines ferries, but no idea how much the ferry costs or how many sailings there are per day. Has anyone used the ferry recently and can therefore give me some advice? Many thanks! Kitten x

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Car ferries to the island

by 1JEAN Online Now Aug 24, 2004 at 10:34 AM

Hello, I am Belgian and went on Elba 2 years ago. The best site (recommended by the Italian tourist information office) is: www.traghetti.com. I personally used the company Toremar Toscana (their price(prize) being more competitive) to make the crossing Piombino-Portoferraio. On the site in question, you can reserve or obtain the exact price (I suppose that they changed for 2 years). Useless to try to contact me for other information; the e-mail that I looked is false because I am afraid to receive viruses. Good journey in Europe at least! If, accidentally, you pass to Viareggio (more in the North of Piombino) between 4 and September 13th, us are has the hotel Excelsior (there will be doubtless not much Belgians).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Princess-Kitten's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Car ferries to the island

by Princess-Kitten Online Now Aug 24, 2004 at 10:49 AM

Thats great advice, Jean1! I'll take a look at www.traghetti.com. Many thanks, Kitten x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Isola d' Elba