Ismaning Travel Answers

change location

request for information

by 64stella Online Now Jun 16, 2011 at 8:17 AM

Hello. I shall be visiting Munich for 2 weeks in August and I have been suggested to visit Ismaning. As a consequence I would appreciate if somebody can inform me about how to get there by public transport (since I will not have a car)and how much is it worth visiting

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • lotharscheer's Profile Photo

Re: request for information

by lotharscheer Online Now Jun 16, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Ismaning is on the S 8 witch runs Pasing Hauptbahnhof Marienplatz Ostbahnhof and on to the Airport (evbery 10- 20 minutes)
    mvv-muenchen.de/en/home/inde...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Turtleshell's Profile Photo

by Turtleshell Online Now Jun 16, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Honestly, I am not sure why you want to visit Ismaning. It's a residental area with some office buildings thrown in.
    Sure, it's quite green there, there's the Isar river and some (few) colorful houses. Other than that it's just blah.

I am not sure what you are after, but for everything I mentioned above, Bad Tölz would be a lot better (check my profile).
    As for nightlife, Schwabing, Haidhausen-Au and the area around Gärtnerplatz are the places to be.

• Kakapo2's Profile Photo

by Kakapo2 Online Now Jun 19, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I think only media people would have a real reason to visit Ismaning, as it is a hub of radio and TV production organisations, including a major transmitter of Radio Bavaria (Bayerischer Rundfunk) and a media park where the popular radio programmes of Antenne Bayern are produced.

There surely are a few historic buildings including a castle but they are far from being spectacular and must-see places in the Munich area.

There are so many great places in the wider Munich region that you will be struggling to visit them all without wasting time in Ismaning.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines