Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Isle of Wight Travel Answer Locations

• daarth's Profile Photo

Quick day trip

Isle of Wight Apr 6, 2012 at 2:43 PM

We've decided to pop over to Isle of White for a day trip tomorrow. It was just a sudden thought, but I must admit I know nothing about the place, and have no idea what we should be on the lookout for. Hoping for any last minute ponters to what would be nice to check out. I understand there is a road all the way around, but not sure how far it is to do the full circle? Will be taking the ferry from Lymington to Yarmouth.

9 Answers Apr 7, 2012 at 4:14 PM
    • northeast80's Profile Photo

Cycle round the IOW

Isle of Wight Sep 6, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Hi All
      Has anyone ever cycled round the Isle of Wight? I've found a few routes and wondered if anyone had any suggestions.
      We were thinking of doing about 40 miles one day and 20 the next; could anyone recommend a good stop off B & B? Of course that depends on the below;
      We'd like to start in Cowes (as that's where the ferry gets in) but am not sure which direction to start in; clockwise or anti-clockwise. Is one way hillier / head windier than the other?
      We have all done many 40-50 miles rides before on either hybrid or mountain bikes.
      Thanks for any help.

2 Answers Sep 6, 2010 at 3:05 PM
    • anitpotter's Profile Photo

off road biking around IOW

Isle of Wight Apr 23, 2010 at 7:57 AM

hello IOW

a friend and i are planning to do the british heart foundation 100kmoff road ride around the IOW this june. anyone know the route? done it? can tell me how technical it is? how hilly?

bhf.org.uk/events_and_volunt...

any thoughts or ideas welcomed, we plan to stay a couple of days either side and it would be good to meet some grockles, no, i think we are the grockles... is that right?

x tina x

• Winter Nightlife for a male group of 30 something's

Isle of Wight Jul 3, 2009 at 5:52 AM

Hi There,

I am trying to arrange a 30th bday trip away in Early December for a group of 7 males.......The pre-requisite is "not a City a city break". so have found some awsome accomidation in chale on the south coast of the island.

We plan to spend a couple of nights at the lodge playing cards etc but would like one big night out with a classy lively friendly atmosphere till the wee hours of the morning.

What is Isle of white like in December?

Where do the youngish people go?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Any help would be really appreciated as i have exhausted google with not much joy :-(

Many thanks
      Jonnie&Jessie

• quarr abbey.

Isle of Wight Jul 1, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Can you advise me at what times the monks chant days and times thankyou.

1 Answer Jul 1, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    • Weather/temperature in April

Isle of Wight Mar 27, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Hi..Me and my husband are travelling to Sandown during the easter weekend and are unsure of the temperature we should expect. I mean will it be mild where we can get into the sea or it's going to be pretty much like what we have in London, cold and gray?
      Any useful input will be of immense help

8 Answers Mar 27, 2009 at 5:27 PM
    • DOG FRIENDLY BEACHES

Isle of Wight Jan 5, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Hi, Could anyone help me, i'm thinking of travelling to I.O.W with my family and small dog in July. I have looked on the tourist information pages for dog friendly beaches and have been rather confused by what i have read as it seems that all of the beaches have prohibited orders on them. Please can anyone tell me in plain english if there are any. Our dog is a much loved member of our family and loves nothing more than lazing on the beach under her doggie umbrella all afternoon people watching therefore before i go ahead and book anywhere I need to know that she is catered for when we arrive.
      Thanks.

4 Answers Jan 30, 2009 at 12:01 AM
    • Beachcombing on the Isle of Wight

Isle of Wight May 17, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Can anyone recommend any good beaches for beachcombing? In particular I'm looking for sea (or beach) glass. I've been told there are some beaches near the needles which are good for this but having not been to the island before and only having a few days, would love to know where best to look. In fact, news of any good beaches anywhere in the UK for this would be great; it's been a particular passion of mine since I was a kid. Thanks.

8 Answers May 18, 2008 at 8:49 AM
    • seejai's Profile Photo

Weekend stay - early March

Isle of Wight Feb 25, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Hey,

Me and girlfriend can travel Lymington to Yarmouth £59 return (great) however accomodation seems to be a minimum of £40 a night which means an extra £120 for the 3 night stay

Hostels dont seem to be open in March, and we can camp, so is there any cheaper alternatives? How about hiring a small, 2 birth caravan? I can only see £300 a week 10 berth things?!

Cheers all you locals!
      Chris + jess

4 Answers Feb 22, 2009 at 10:35 AM
    • nightlife

Isle of Wight Feb 13, 2008 at 9:58 AM

hi..

my parents are taking part in the classic Cowes week in july, so me and a friend decided to go along for a bit of a holiday and are looking for some lively clubs and bars. We're driving so they don't have to be in Cowes.

Thanks, Alex.

2 Answers Feb 28, 2008 at 1:21 PM
    • help! isle of wight to edinburgh advice needed for bestival

Isle of Wight Aug 20, 2007 at 7:08 PM

hi..
      i have a ticket for bestival but have to be at a wedding on the saturday in edinburgh!!!
      is it possible to fly to edinburgh and back within a day? is southampton the nearest big airport?

2 Answers Aug 23, 2007 at 12:23 PM
    • carteki's Profile Photo

London to Cowes?

Cowes Jul 6, 2007 at 1:25 AM

Hi,
      Could you assist with the most efficient way of getting from London to Cowes. I arrive at LHR in the morning and would like to know what is the best connection to get to Cowes.
      Also, is there a ferry connection between IOW and Jersey?
      Thank you.
      Kim

6 Answers Jul 8, 2007 at 4:51 PM
    • seejai's Profile Photo

Visiting June 17th for one week

Isle of Wight May 29, 2007 at 12:18 AM

Hey

me and my partner are visiting IOW on June 17th for one week, we want beaches and horse riding, as well as nice walks, and would like to stay in a caravan on a caravan park.

we have been over before for the day trip but never stayed, or done horse riding there. we like ventor too!

could you advise us on where is good for these activities?

cheers chris

1 Answer May 29, 2007 at 12:46 AM
    • Seeking a room to live in the Isle of Wight

Isle of Wight Oct 19, 2006 at 5:18 AM

My name is Luis. I’m 29, male, professional and I need accommodation in Newport IW. I’m looking for a room in a home with friendly young people, or to share a flat or a house. I'm easy going, considerate and tidy. I have interests in music, photography and environment. I will be keen to meet like minded people. I will arrive the Island to start working at Horringford on December 1st, 2006 and I will stay there at least for ten months. If you have any information, or if you have a spare room in your house, or you know someone who has, please contact me.
      E-mail: polimfunktional@yahoo.co.uk
      Thank you very much. Have a nice day!

• Cheapest Accomodation on the Isle of Wight

Isle of Wight Jul 27, 2006 at 12:57 PM

Hi,

we make a trip on the Isle Of Wight. Can somebody help us, to find a cheap accomodation there? We would be glad for a recommandation.

Sincerly,
      Hans

5 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 2:03 AM
    • Helga67's Profile Photo

Ferry + B&B

Isle of Wight Jun 1, 2006 at 9:59 AM

Do I need to make reservations for the ferry to the Isle of Wight? Can anyone recommend a nice B&B (with private bathroom and parking for motorcycles) for about £50 per room?

Thanks

2 Answers Jun 3, 2006 at 9:35 AM
    • zuriga's Profile Photo

Lovely Hotel?

Isle of Wight Apr 4, 2006 at 7:56 AM

Someone is treating us to a night or two away on holiday. I thought the Isle of Wight might be a good choice for May. We'd like a really nice hotel in a good location for seeing as much as possible. I think we'll probably take our car along. Best restaurants on the island? We need help!!

2 Answers Apr 4, 2006 at 1:11 PM
    • Isle of Wight wihtout car

Isle of Wight Mar 24, 2006 at 1:15 PM

I am going to Isle of Wight in June for 4 days without a car and hope to rely on the bus service but need to base myself at one place/town to book accomodation. Looking for your recommendations on which area of island is best.Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 24, 2006 at 2:14 PM
    • Is this Sandown or Shanklin?

Isle of Wight Oct 13, 2005 at 5:48 PM

I visited the Isle of Wight in 1994 and have a photo I can't identify. I did a circular tour but mislabelled some of the photos. Couls someone kindly tell me if this is in Sandown or Shanklin (?? elsewhere):

travels.woodengems.com/v/cha...

This picture is part of my photo album but I am NOT trying to get people to visit the photo album site, simply help me figure out where I went for a swim one day. Thank you.

4 Answers Oct 15, 2005 at 8:09 PM
    • budapest8's Profile Photo

ExIsleOfWighter

Ryde Sep 7, 2005 at 5:06 PM

I used to live in Ryde from 1964 and went abroad in 1977 to join a Kibbutz in Israel. I used to go to Ryde Boys School opposite the Parish Church on Queens Rd, I wondered if any of the VT members living there or VTers whom have visited know if the Havenstreet Steam Railway is still going? I have not been back for over 20 years and curious what the old place looks like. I even remember going over to Afton Down in a butchers van to see the Isle Of Wight Pop Festival, I was only 11 so just drove by and heard Tiny Tim playing and Hendrix started to play as we were driving away.

4 Answers Oct 21, 2006 at 3:53 AM
    • Never been before to Isle of Wight and searching for some advice on best areas

Isle of Wight May 11, 2005 at 8:22 AM

Hello, Ive never visited the Isle of Wight before and am thinking of going there for a 3 day stay in July. Which is the nicest areas to stay in. Im not familiar with any of the towns, but I saw some beautiful pictures of the island of meadows and forests and hills etc, but not sure whereabouts on the island, this scenery was and ideally Id love to stay in that kind of picturesque area. Does anyone know whereabouts in the island this is, or if not, which is the prettiest area to stay in on the isle of wight (the west side of the island?

thanks for your help

3 Answers Jun 9, 2005 at 7:37 AM
    • johnwilky53's Profile Photo

cowes regatta

Cowes Aug 2, 2004 at 1:14 PM

when is it?

2 Answers Oct 21, 2006 at 3:54 AM
    • lesbo_derek's Profile Photo

Places to Go

Isle of Wight May 19, 2004 at 3:56 PM

Hi, I want to take my girlfriend out somewhere on the Island but I want to go somewhere quiet, somewhere not many people go, but is accessable for buses etc so we can get there and back ok. Last weekend we walked along Ryde beach in the evening and that was good, but I want something a little bit different to supprise her. Got any ideas? Rob

1 Answer May 22, 2004 at 2:24 AM