Isle of Palms

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transportation and grocery shopping

by ortanis26 Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Hello, I am traveling to isle de palms this saturday and staying for 4 days with family. I am trying to plan grocery shopping and read the local store is not open. Can I have some help with where to stock up on food, as well as opinions on if I should get a rental car or rely on local cabs/shuttles? Thank you!

more
    • Transportation and grocery shopping

by ortanis26 Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Hello, I am traveling to isle de palms this saturday and staying for 4 days with family. I am trying to plan grocery shopping and read the local store is not open. Can I have some help with where to stock up on food, as well as opinions on if I should get a rental car or rely on local cabs/shuttles? Thank you!

• travel between locations

by vodarick Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 8:41 AM

is there any special vehicles offered to take people from a hotel on Pavillion Drive on Isle of Palms to Morgan Creek Grill in Isle of Palms? I think it's about 7 miles

• personal chef

by vickishevnock Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 12:34 PM

can anyone recommend a personal chef in the isle of palms area that would come cook a regional meal for 35 ppl? I am not looking for fancy catering, just someone to do a bbq or low boil type of thing.

2 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 7:53 AM
    • Help me prove I am not crazy!

by dj9080 Online Now May 10, 2009 at 5:48 PM

On Easter Sunday, 2009, my 26 year old son and I visited Isle of Palms and ate a simply delicious burger from what I would call a bar and grill. It was on the left going in the direction of Sullivans from the IOP. We saw it from the front but drove around and parked in the back, climbed up steps in the back and ate on the outside deck. Inside the restaurant was a bar, 2 pool tables and a place for a band. As we sat on the deck and looked toward the ocean we could see a hotel or condominiums that was open underneath and people were coming and going under it to the beach. There was a large dog or maybe even two lying on the floor by the bar. I used my credit card and it was listed on my statement a Rock and Roll Roadhouse, although that was not the name that was on the restaurant. Here is my dilemma, we have been back twice since then and cannot find the place......and not only that no one know what I am talking about. People say it was Windjammers, it was not! It was not ocean front but about a block off, and as I said we could see people going to beach under a hotel or condo. We think it may have been in the vicinity of the fire station.
      Please help!!! Not only do we want to eat there again but we have to prove to ourselves that we are not crazy. Thanks! Dianne Johnson
      Cameron, SC

3 Answers May 11, 2009 at 5:37 PM
    • Suggest beach-front hotel

by chsvarma Online Now Oct 15, 2006 at 5:07 AM

Hi,

I want to take my 3 year old for a one day beach trip at IOP. Can anyone suggest me a nice hotel/inn on the beach front? If other hotels are better than beachfront hotels, I don't mind driving to the beach.

• OTKrista's Profile Photo

Beach and tides at Isle of Palms

by OTKrista Online Now Mar 19, 2006 at 10:34 AM

We rented a house at Folly Beach a couple of years ago and were disappointed (epecially our then 2 year old little boy) that at high tide the beach completely disappeared (at least where we were) and I wanted to make sure that wasn't an issue at Isle of Palms before we book our house for this yearr! Thank you in advance for letting me know!
      Krista

3 Answers Mar 21, 2006 at 10:25 AM
    • restaurants and barrier eco tour

by izzybellebutton Online Now Jul 17, 2004 at 7:07 PM

Hi, We are going to Isle of Palm in Sept. Is the barrier tour worth it? Also we are looking for a nice restaurant for a special dinner one night. Any ideas? We don't want to go into Charleston for dinner. Thanks

2 Answers Jul 18, 2005 at 2:28 PM