Isle of Palms Travel Answers

change location

Help me prove I am not crazy!

by dj9080 Online Now May 10, 2009 at 5:48 PM

On Easter Sunday, 2009, my 26 year old son and I visited Isle of Palms and ate a simply delicious burger from what I would call a bar and grill. It was on the left going in the direction of Sullivans from the IOP. We saw it from the front but drove around and parked in the back, climbed up steps in the back and ate on the outside deck. Inside the restaurant was a bar, 2 pool tables and a place for a band. As we sat on the deck and looked toward the ocean we could see a hotel or condominiums that was open underneath and people were coming and going under it to the beach. There was a large dog or maybe even two lying on the floor by the bar. I used my credit card and it was listed on my statement a Rock and Roll Roadhouse, although that was not the name that was on the restaurant. Here is my dilemma, we have been back twice since then and cannot find the place......and not only that no one know what I am talking about. People say it was Windjammers, it was not! It was not ocean front but about a block off, and as I said we could see people going to beach under a hotel or condo. We think it may have been in the vicinity of the fire station.
Please help!!! Not only do we want to eat there again but we have to prove to ourselves that we are not crazy. Thanks! Dianne Johnson
Cameron, SC

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Re: Help me prove I am not crazy!

by grandmaR Online Now May 10, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Could it be Poe's Tavern? I only see the R&R Roadhouse in Folly Beach.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Online Now May 10, 2009 at 7:42 PM

The only Rock and Roll Roadhouse I see is in Folly Beach. Maybe they just manage the place. Could it be Poe's Tavern?

• j_adamtravels's Profile Photo

by j_adamtravels Online Now May 11, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Poe's is on Sullivan's Island, not IOP. Sounds like the Windjammer to me...either that or you might be crazy.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines